project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 06:15 PM   #31
CanuckCommander

Default Re: Sniper Whores get ready to be amazed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheditor View Post
Well i like PR system, it keeps the rifle at an okay level so you dont go BANG BANG BANG, whole squad dead. Also it can represent the actually getting into position, sorting ranges out, which can take a while in real life.
While PR's sniping system represents what you'd be doing in real life, the mod in the video SIMULATES everything you do in real life.

I don't understand why people are so in love with PR's current system? Logically, 2142 is a better system.

For those who are saying people would stop playing PR if the DEV team moved to 2142. Seriously, people can't pay another 20 dollars??? In fact, if you buy the game used, it'b be like 10 dollars, which is how much i got BF2 for to play PR.
CanuckCommander is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #32
Acemantura
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

I would most definitely pay for that.

I am not a Sniper Whore, but I am Amazed.

Acemantura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #33
google

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCommander View Post
I don't understand why people are so in love with PR's current system? Logically, 2142 is a better system.
True, but if you had been paying any attention:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post

ehhh, your talking at remaking loads of vehicles, getting rid of all BF2 statics, vegetation, textures etc (so even the PR statics that use BF2 textures (which is a lot) would need to be redone) and then it would consider moving the entire community over to the 2142 engine....

It would be far better for us to make our own game...

Main Alias |TG-6th|Googol
google is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #34
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

(: just use brits and mec and insurgance and Taliban just give mec a inf model

I don't remember having the brit kits besides the L85 unlock and you redone the co trucks tanks ammo boxes apcs tanks transports heli for both teams?

we just lose the pla and US factions for a like a year (:

uh a guy can dream i guess.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #35
redman0123

Well the truth is PR will die sometime relatively soon if it doesn't make the jump from the stone age of video gaming, hey... I've seen it happen many times to all sorts of awesome mods. Infiltration for UT being one of them. They refused to develope new content on a new engine and everyone got tired of Infiltration because it had reached its limits. Much like PR is doing now! I hate to say it but unless you keep up you just fall behind, it's the way of the world folks.
redman0123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #36
Cheditor

To be honest if EA ever get bored of BF2 and give BSS the source code (chances of that are 0.0001%) then PR will go on for even longer.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #37
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman0123 View Post
Well the truth is PR will die sometime relatively soon if it doesn't make the jump from the stone age of video gaming, hey... I've seen it happen many times to all sorts of awesome mods. Infiltration for UT being one of them. They refused to develope new content on a new engine and everyone got tired of Infiltration because it had reached its limits. Much like PR is doing now! I hate to say it but unless you keep up you just fall behind, it's the way of the world folks.
lol.

PR has no way reached its limits on the BF2 engine, there is still much we can do. Hopping to a new engine will yes, let us do some things but guess what, new problems will arise. There are many things for example you can do on the BF2 engine which you can not on the BF2142 engine, for a really quick example to name one, you can not adjust the celling in maps so after a plane flys 200m up, it will get stuck like it dose in vbf2.

Hoping onto any old engine without full knowledge of how and what the advantages and more importantly the disadvantages of that engine and without a full design plan knowing exactly what you are going to do etc would be a very bad idea.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #38
Cheditor

Thats a good point actually, before PR moves to another engine the team will need someone who knows the engine alot of get people to find out more about it.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #39
redman0123

Oh totally I agree. I'm not saying you should "run away from the evil BF2 engine AAHH!" I'm just saying that eventually... you ARE going to reach the limits of the BF2 engine and after a year or so of nothing new people are going to start wandering away. I dont know about you guys but I think this game is ONE OF A KIND and DESERVES the year or two or even three that it would take to find, learn, develope and transfer to a new engine. If I could code I would help because I'm not afraid of working for something good
redman0123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #40
CanuckCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by google View Post
True, but if you had been paying any attention:
You didn't read the posts I was responding to. Forget it, I'm gonna try and stay out of this debate. I'm just showing the video to the community.
CanuckCommander is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
amazed, ready, sniper, whores