project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #21
CyrusPI

Default Re: Sniper Whores get ready to be amazed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealalex View Post
Im confused. it looks like BF2 to me?
I'm certain it's possible to make 2142 look like BF2 by adding all the character models, weapon models into a 2142 mod.

They both use variants of the ReFractor 2 engine, so in theory, if the file formats are the same, you could shift Karkand with Vodniks and M1A2s into a 2142 mod.

The weapon sway is nice, but if it can't be feasibly added to PR where it is now, or PR feasibly added to another game. There's a saying I can't recall the title of, but it goes along something like this: "The fruit is out of my reach. It's probably bitter anyway."

But that is some good work nonetheless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

By trying too hard, we put ourselves at a greater risk. Don’t you think so?
L
working on a little something something
CyrusPI is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #22
lockpicker.=P

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampo93(FIN) View Post
the same thing exists in join ops, it works pretty well =9 u could use it in grenade launchers
Which game??

--

Hmm, couldn't EA upgrade the BF2 engine like Valve constantly upgrades the Source Engine? (in a dream world, of course )

RBR lock.=P - BRASIL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lockpicker.=P is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #23
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Originally Posted by addaco View Post
Well BF2, 2142 and 1942 all use the same engine, its just that for each game the engine gets upgraded, but the fundamentals are the same.
The engine physics in 1942 are very different to that of BF2. IMO BF2 (physics wise) is a downgraded version of BF1942/ Vietnam.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #24
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockpicker.=P View Post
Which game??

--

Hmm, couldn't EA upgrade the BF2 engine like Valve constantly upgrades the Source Engine? (in a dream world, of course )
What you must remember is that Valve wants to sell licenses for the source engine (I think that atleast shoot me if I am wrong) and EA does not have any plans on doing that. The BF2 engine isnt made to be selled or heavily modded it was designed for vBF2 and it does that okay.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox

I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #25
WilsonPL

[]deletethisplz]

WilsonPL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #26
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addaco View Post
Well BF2, 2142 and 1942 all use the same engine, its just that for each game the engine gets upgraded, but the fundamentals are the same.
BF2 and BF1942 are no where near the same engine.... some very small parts of 1942 where used on the BF2 engine but other than that, its a brand new engine from 1942.

BF2142 was an upgraded version of the BF2 engine and as such, has thing's like weapon sway etc.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #27
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
yes BF2142 is very much more advanced than BF2 but we can't move to it as we would loose all the vBF2 vehicles, weapons etc we use.

Mosquill would be treading VERY dangerous ground if he released what he is doing.
And an other important point, i have Battlefield 2, i dont have Battlefield 2142, so all of us who dont buy that crappy shit called 2142, would had to buy it to play P.R., E.A. would be happy of that of course, but i guess alot of PRer will just STOP playing P.R....

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #28
Tahanatos

Send a message via ICQ to Tahanatos Send a message via Skype™ to Tahanatos

Sorry do not get it?! What is amazing about this?
I do not see why people would give a **** about realistic bulletdrop, because nobody knows how the real bulletdrop is anyway.
Rangecards? I made mine myself and most of the times u cant consult them anyway, because targets do not stand around and wait to get shot.
PR balistics are fine
Tahanatos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #29
lockpicker.=P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahanatos View Post
Sorry do not get it?! What is amazing about this?
I do not see why people would give a **** about realistic bulletdrop, because nobody knows how the real bulletdrop is anyway.
Rangecards? I made mine myself and most of the times u cant consult them anyway, because targets do not stand around and wait to get shot.
PR balistics are fine
Well, IMO this system is way better than waiting 8secs + deviation because of moving + having a weapon zeroed in 600m without the possibility to change it... so bad that it only works on BF2142

RBR lock.=P - BRASIL!

lockpicker.=P is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #30
Cheditor

Well i like PR system, it keeps the rifle at an okay level so you dont go BANG BANG BANG, whole squad dead. Also it can represent the actually getting into position, sorting ranges out, which can take a while in real life.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
amazed, ready, sniper, whores