project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #111
Qaiex

Default Re: Sniper Whores get ready to be amazed!

I actually agree with Suzeran and Rhino, it's better for the PR devs to make their own game.
Or mod it on a newer more open engine.

But the PR devs like making things themselves, which takes alot longer than hoarding free models and textures off teh intarwebz when they're availible.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #112
Durandal

The devs making their own game is just not feasible. Its not a question of skill, its a matter of time/money and manpower. PR simply does not have it. Unless they can make their own game studio and get some serious funding... there's no chance the "next PR" would make it past conception.

Well, ok. Its feasible if they CAN actually get a publisher etc etc. But yeah.... good luck with that one. For now (and probably forever), it looks like PR is stuck in BF2.

Now, all negativity aside, what would be totally ballin' is if Dice helped the PR guys out (or included them in the development/conceptual process of their next game). Sort of like Valve does with some of their modding community; i.e. Killing Floor, Red Orchestra, Gary's Mod etc.
Last edited by Durandal; 05-19-2009 at 11:48 PM..
Old 05-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #113
freeway

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman0123 View Post
I dont actually have proof jesus...

My point wasnt that a .22 round can kill you at a long distance NOT THAT YOU CAN HIT TARGETS WITH A .22 RIFLE AT THAT DISTANCE. Hard to imagine a .22 round bouncing off your skin like youre the hulk, and to think otherwise would be retarded and is a perfect example of darwins theory IMO. Why are we even talking about this? This wasnt even my original point at all anyways.

Sniper rifles and marksman kits usually take like 2 hits in the torso at ~600m just to put a player into wounded status. I believe it should be just 1 round to the torso to wound a player.
mate from what i see they ( snipers and marksmen ) take just 1 shot to drop u down , and at 600 - 700 ? u wont have a chance to regret if he sees u . and yes i ve made 700 meters shot with the enfield in archer ( kill the guy in 1 shot ) . but 1 thing i hope the dev could change is give our's insurgent sniper kits more ammo pls ,cuz we dont have supply boxes like them and all the time the caches would be under attacked very soon so there is not a lot of change we could make it to the cache to rearm . and 1 more thing pls make atleast 1 in everymap on insurgent side pls , y ? because of the value of sniping role , manytimes after killing the humvee's gunner with the sniper they immediately stop shooting and start taking cover , sometimes they all run away . i know it s the wost sniper kit and i dont ask u to change anything just pls pls dev ..... i am begging u . i fall in love with the enfield though
sorry 4 my english
freeway is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #114
redman0123

Quote:
mate from what i see they ( snipers and marksmen ) take just 1 shot to drop u down , and at 600 - 700 ? u wont have a chance to regret if he sees u . and yes i ve made 700 meters shot with the enfield in archer ( kill the guy in 1 shot ) . but 1 thing i hope the dev could change is give our's insurgent sniper kits more ammo pls ,cuz we dont have supply boxes like them and all the time the caches would be under attacked very soon so there is not a lot of change we could make it to the cache to rearm . and 1 more thing pls make atleast 1 in everymap on insurgent side pls , y ? because of the value of sniping role , manytimes after killing the humvee's gunner with the sniper they immediately stop shooting and start taking cover , sometimes they all run away . i know it s the wost sniper kit and i dont ask u to change anything just pls pls dev ..... i am begging u . i fall in love with the enfield though
sorry 4 my english
I don't care what you did. The guys you shot could have been wounded already... you could have head shotted them because you jerked your mouse and screwed up (or fluked out) and messed up the deviation.

I'm talking about the 0.86 BETA which I have played and I'm saying that when you start at 100 health and you get shot in the torso at ~600m it doesnt do all that much damage. I had plenty of time to go and use bandages and re ammo and use a second. After that I was at 100 health again. It should be a one shot deal. I should have been wounded calling for a revive. Why is everyone arguing with me? Getting shot by a large caliber round traveling that fast ANYWHERE in the torso or legs should incapacitate youre ability to move and function.
redman0123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #115
Zynk

man, the whole argument revolves around:
-time
-funds
-work (time, again)
-etc..

instead of looking at this in the sense of :"CRAP! the citizens of our forums want us to move to 2142 NAO!!"

think of it like this: "hey, we run the site, we give them a cool mod for FREE. if they're giving us a suggestion to check out this engine since we already see what it can do, maybe we can fit into our freetime and slowly transition into it as we finish up 1.0?.."

i don't see why people are freaking out over this year-old youtube video. yes, it definately shows PR the potential to be more flexible, but the devs have lives too. let them test the water when they feel like it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zynk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:45 AM   #116
NoxNoctum

It'd be a mistake to move to 2142 just for this.

Not worth it.

The community size right now is great, but imagine if we lost even just a third of it with the transition. WAY more people have BF2 than 2142.

Besides...

Deviation simulates more than just bullet drop/weapon sway... also combat fatigue/stress/other psychological factors.
NoxNoctum is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:46 AM   #117
Qaiex

There's no point in spending alot of time to transfer the game to yet another inferior engine.
2142 may be slightly better than this one, but there are tons of engines hundreds of times better than both of them.
I think the Dev's would stand a fair chance of getting publishers and such to make their own game.

They made a mod that completely transformed a game into something new, and now it's one of the most popular mods ever.
They're paying people to make games like Stalin VS Martians, ten million racing games, Hannah Montana and barbie games.

Why would they not want to make a game based on a concept that has already proven to be successful and popular despite limitations and shortcomings?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:51 AM   #118
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxNoctum View Post

Deviation simulates more than just bullet drop/weapon sway... also combat fatigue/stress/other psychological factors.
Except in a game it just doesn´t work. You don´t wait 6 seconds in real life, you may not be accurate first shot but you can feel when you can shoot and actually you can shoot alot better than in game currently. Am I supposed to be an untrained soldier who in combat can´t shoot at all? The reason for not every shot being a head shot is:

1) People generally are afraid of being shot, so they hide.

2) Range.

The better way is proper application of suppression effect, accuracy increase, ballistics introduction.

Thats how we have it in CA, and it has ruined any chance of me playing PR infantry again.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #119
gazzthompson

ballistics and deviation are both needed, deviation could be decreased because of the necessary time needed to make adjustments for range, but players would adjust to this rather quickly and soon be very easy to master.

but saying that, i havnt played CA infantry and would love to see / participate in a infantry night

Last edited by gazzthompson; 05-28-2009 at 08:49 AM..
Old 05-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #120
Truism

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxNoctum View Post
It'd be a mistake to move to 2142 just for this.

Not worth it.

The community size right now is great, but imagine if we lost even just a third of it with the transition. WAY more people have BF2 than 2142.

Besides...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaiex View Post
There's no point in spending alot of time to transfer the game to yet another inferior engine.
2142 may be slightly better than this one, but there are tons of engines hundreds of times better than both of them.
I think the Dev's would stand a fair chance of getting publishers and such to make their own game.

They made a mod that completely transformed a game into something new, and now it's one of the most popular mods ever.
They're paying people to make games like Stalin VS Martians, ten million racing games, Hannah Montana and barbie games.

Why would they not want to make a game based on a concept that has already proven to be successful and popular despite limitations and shortcomings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynk View Post
man, the whole argument revolves around:
-time
-funds
-work (time, again)
-etc..

instead of looking at this in the sense of :"CRAP! the citizens of our forums want us to move to 2142 NAO!!"

think of it like this: "hey, we run the site, we give them a cool mod for FREE. if they're giving us a suggestion to check out this engine since we already see what it can do, maybe we can fit into our freetime and slowly transition into it as we finish up 1.0?.."

i don't see why people are freaking out over this year-old youtube video. yes, it definately shows PR the potential to be more flexible, but the devs have lives too. let them test the water when they feel like it.
I think, clearly, you guys need to read what Rhino said about the 2142 engine. You think hardcoding causes problems in BF2? Imagine not being able to fly higher than about 300 meters. . .
Truism is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
amazed, ready, sniper, whores