project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #31
DTsoy
Default Re: What makes PR so great?

What I love the most about PR, other than the incredibly nice community, is the fact that... just.... so much can happen in it =)

You are a spotter, perched with your sniper on the top of a hill overlooking Ejod city. You feel a bead of sweat trickle down your cheek and drip onto the sand below, as you wait for your fellow soldier to take the shot on an enemy squad leader talking with his squad next to a building where he thinks he isn't seen.

you emerge out of the Qwai river, with a seemingly neverending rain of hungry bullets whipping past your shoulder. With the rest of your six-man squad following behind you, you sprint towards a nearby wall barely tall enough to stop the lead from piercing your dirt-covered helmet. You cross your fingers, shake the water off of your M-16 assault rifle, and wait for your support gunner who already is bleeding out his leg, to catch up to you.

You are driving your Scimitar through the hellish streets of Asad Khal, supporting Charlie squad as they search through the nearby buildings. You shake as you watch an Insurgent load another rocket into his RPG-17, counting down the seconds until your gunner finally turns his turret towards the soft target.
DTsoy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #32
Skodz

Teamwork make me play it again and again.
Skodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #33
Pantera

the Tournament was the shizzle...

its what got me hooked onto PR full-time back in the early days,

oh and the fact that ive never been called a n00b tube when playing as grenadier (on PR 0.6+) - infact that was my role for the squad 98% of the time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #34
Mercenario(peru)

Send a message via MSN to Mercenario(peru) Send a message via Skype™ to Mercenario(peru)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skodz View Post
Teamwork make me play it again and again.
Me too. I love the Teamwork and the realistic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Team Founder
Mercenario(peru) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:28 AM   #35
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

One of the things that makes PR so great for me, is the fact that i can jump onto any server.

Make a squad, and get to know 5 other people. That i will most likely play with again.

I like that fact that most servers has the possiblity for Co squadleading or platoonish gameplay.

Mumble also increases that.

I played PR yesterday. On EJOD as MEC. I had an infantry squad. And we were going to attack Gas station.

I told my squad to move up behind cover, to my left. Spread out.

We see a couple of US soldiers, we start shooting, alot of smoke on the Gas station too. We move in as a unit to the next cover, and i tell the squad to get ready with grenades, there is a SAW gunner shooting just 30 m away from us. Grenades go off. And 2 of my squadmembers rush up to take out the SAW gunner, and the suprising squad in the ditch. A small gunfight emerges with MEC as the winners. We patch up the wounded, and try to push further into GAS station.

What i also like about PR is when i have a commander, and i call in support and communicate with him, its strange, but i havent had any noobish Commanders since about half a month ago. only good ones. and every 3 game there is a commander.

PR gives me a hell of an adrenaline rush aswell. Hearing the whip as bullet pass your head, or seeing a grenade bounce on the ground infront of you. A sudden explosion near u
as you move towards your objective.

I must say though, one of my favoruite parts of this game is being able to squadlead a mechanized squad, with apcs. The increased firepower and manouvrebility makes you feel a little bit angry and hellish, aswell as invincible. I remember on Jabal, i was US, we had an apc and 4 infantry men including me.

We had just lost east beach and i was at bridge, my squad loads up, and we go straight for it. I tell the gunner and driver that, my attack marker is valid targets of enemies.

The hell that ensued as my men, my apc and my enemy clashed togheter can only be imagined if you were there, or you have a great fantasy.

My god, a miracle that gun didnt overheat, noone of my men died, although we took out a FOB, and 2 squads. everyone was using grenades cover, the apc was relentlesly taking out my markers.

Well i know a dosen of more stories, that i could tell, and i think as Mcluv has said in another thread, it is also the "Cinematic" feel of PR that makes you go back, the excperience...

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #36
BLudShoT14

Send a message via AIM to BLudShoT14

Why is PR so great?

Teamwork and Communication which is something of a rarity on other games. That's all there is too it.

You really can't replicate the intensity of this game either.

It's just plain epic

Xfire=Bludshot14
BLudShoT14 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:18 AM   #37
GrimSoldier

longevity
teamwork
challenges
GrimSoldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #38
AquaticPenguin

Having just enough time to shout "OH SHI-" before a JDAM slams into your squad.

and the community
and the newbie who are willing to learn
killing an entire squad with just infantry and massive amounts of firepower
landing a chopper in a small clearing in some trees
how it manages to make even spotting or supplying fun

^ those moments are what makes it great ^_^
AquaticPenguin is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
great, makes