project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2006, 06:32 AM   #71
sofad
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weidel

2) There is no real incentive for any team to win. What about halving the points acquired for the loosing team, or doubling the points acquired for the winning team?

100% agree!
nice idea, but there is something to do to prevent the "winning team joiners" !

and again, the most gameplay-killing "features" are for me:

a) the way to long spawntimes for the convoy-jeeps in extraction mode
b) the abillity to use the artillery to destroy UAV and radar in single objective

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sofad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:39 AM   #72
Dark Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=senior=-sofad
b) the abillity to use the artillery to destroy UAV and radar in single objective
You realize, ofcourse, that neither UAV nor radar trailers would survive more than 30 seconds if they could be destroyed by arty?
Why? An experienced commander will know the exact location of those assets and pound them to dust with his initial artillerybarrage. No fun in that.
If I read the ReadMe right those assets do NOT respawn once destroyed.

If they could be moved dynamically by the commander before the round starts, then it would be a whole other ballgame.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dark Ewok is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:41 AM   #73
-=[TM]=-Abbay
Smile littlebird????xtraction??

hey,

have 2 quest.

1. where or in wich map is the littlebird???????

2.where and how i can make/open/play XTRACTION mode?????

sorry but i play bf first time
-=[TM]=-Abbay is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:46 AM   #74
driftist

Hmm.. perhaps needs more vehicles, or faster respawn time. There is too much lag time, and sometimes it really annoys me when I can't see anything due to the massive ammount of wreckage.

Also, there should be more than 1 littlebird on most of the maps... I had to shuttle troops back and forth over the battlefield due to the shortage of littlebirds. Some even tried to blow me up. When others use the littlebirds (not all, but most), they are complete IDIOTS. They don't even know how to FLY properly. When I got into a littlebird at Mash, the idiot just pivoted it forward and shoved the rotor into a tree.

Littlebirds!!!

Also, i agree on the point that the new Humvees are six seater, but it does get annoying when n00bs kill of my whole team. They get pissed because the humvee is full, and I drive off, then they spray the car with bullets. In the end, we bleed to death (me included, since u can hit the driver).

EDIT : The littlebird is on karkand, mashturr and most of the MEc maps. The XTRACTION mode is a game type... XTRACT... sometimes if you play on a server, they will play xtract
driftist is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:10 AM   #75
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

You can't play either of the new game modes single player, as the bots don't have a clue what's going on. You'll need to find a server that has it.

The black buildings on night maps is a known issue, and a problem with the engine (we think it has something to do with the SF shaders.) The workaround is to turn dynamic shadows settings down to medium. There isn't much of a difference between the two settings, and you can't see them on night maps anyway.
e-Gor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #76
Ferocious_Imbecile
Well I downloaded it Friday night and opened it up and got on a server and I was immediatley struck by how different it felt. Different sounds, different gamplay style. The lstreets were deserted, there wasn't that frenetic insane activity with people running all over the place like mad cockroaches. The squads were very tight moving about in close unison under some very intelligent sounding squad leaders, but it wasn't one way communication. The whole squad was communicating back and forth, dealing with enemy contact in a more methodical manner. And the game had a more realistic pace. In fact I found it odd that fights were taking place in areas of maps that I'd never even walked through in BF2 thanks to the mad vehicle rush to go from flag to flag. In a funny way this game reminds me a lot of the original Ghost Recon, only with really intelligent squad members you can talk to instead of just bots with waypoints you set.

Maps; great new maps. I love them. They have a strong sense of reality to them...the bleak industrial wasteland feel...and they've got lots of potential for solving interesting tactical problems. Obviously they were well thought out. I just tried a night map. OMG. No night vision? It's a good thing I know Karkand like the back of my hand, because damn, you're bloody blind at night. Squad play is essential here...the point man must communicate with his mates and squad leader. But I like night maps...they have great potential...like you have teh main squad hanging together, advancing in a group then you have a scout going up ahead detecting the enemy and directing squad fire with a SAW in the rear for some heavy hitting support.

Weapons; even the old weapons felt new and the new weapons are very very cool. I'm an okay player (normally I score between 15th and 5th on a 64 man server) but with this game I'm a better player. It's not just lightning reflexes and owning a Nostromo that counts here; it's about tactics. The game is slowed down, you're encouraged to be sneakier, more thoughtful. I haven't taken to a game like this since Dunnigan's Firefight. Grenades should be more deadly though; shrapnel can kill up to 100 yards. Maybe you should consider recalculating your kill/damage zones again, and add some whizzing noises of shrapnel flying through teh air. I'd like to add my vote to have C4 returned to using a radio detonator rather than timer. IE's are detonated not timed for the most part. An essential part of teh ambush kit for extractions...and pleae, give the sniper back his claymores..I hate getting knifed on a rooftop.

Sounds; Wow, great music. The original BF2 music was mostly annoying but you guys have great taste in music. Very very enjoyable. And the sound effects are really a lot better. Gun sounds are for the most part improved though I'm a bit curious about the AK47. The report of the guns is dryer, lower decibels. BF2 uses a fatter richer sound. But the SAW in PRMM is great.
And there's some new sound effects too that I loved; the water lapping against the pier is superb.

It seems to be an older more knowledgeable crowd playing too, which is good.

Download; hey I PAID FOR EURO FORCE!!! Crappy download, crappy installation, crappy play. All for $10. Three maps...lol. PRMM? A super fast download off of bittorrent (545 kbs!) a smooth professional install and flawless performance.

This is a million times better than Euro Fore and its free thanks to the great people that built this mod and all the work they put into it. If amateurs like you guys can make an add on pack with this level of professionalism, how come EA, wealthy powerful EA can't? Sheeee...

I hope there's a lot of activity on the servers for this mod. I can't wait to get home and play it some more.

By the way, how do I access the night vision goggle in the night maps?
Last edited by Ferocious_Imbecile; 05-13-2006 at 11:20 AM..
Old 05-13-2006, 11:03 AM   #77
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

For the NVG, press 7.
e-Gor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #78
Ferocious_Imbecile

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]e-Gor
For the NVG, press 7.

Thanks. Is there a set of ReadMe notes buried somewhere in the files to get me up to speed with all this kind of stuff?
Ferocious_Imbecile is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:43 PM   #79
TweedleDee
Default spawnable sniper kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic_Justice
what do you mean by spawnable sniper kits? how would that limit the amount of snipers allowed on a squad?

they are sniper kits that lay on the ground, u go over to them and press g to pick them up.

remove the option to choose a sniper from the kit selection screen then all the sniper whores race to the spawnable sniper kits... works like a charm in fh.

really makes u fear the sniper more cause only a few have it.
TweedleDee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:50 PM   #80
Dark Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferocious_Imbecile
Thanks. Is there a set of ReadMe notes buried somewhere in the files to get me up to speed with all this kind of stuff?
Here you go : http://realitymod.com/forum/t5852-pr...eadmespan.html

This is also included with PRMM.03 and is located at C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\readme.txt

Hope this helps.

Dark Ewok is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, impressions, initial, prmm, thread