project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2006, 11:52 PM   #61
Cerberus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand
2) All heavy jeeps should ALWAYS be destroyed with one AT rocket. It just looks really BAD seeing a humvee take a direct hit and survive.
Agreed. Powerful rockets such as the SRAW and Eryx should definitely kill a transport vehicle in one hit. I also hate shooting a Vodnik with a SABOT and watching it start burn instead of explode immediately like it should.

"Practice proves more than theory, in any case."
- Abraham Lincoln

"i so regret searching "giant hentai penis" on google images though ;_;"
- Garabaldi
Cerberus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:08 AM   #62
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Hey Guys we obviously need to do more tweaking if the Heavy Jeeps are taking more than 1 AT hit to kill. It is *supposed* to take 1 AT hit to flame it, but the crew should have about 10 to 15 seconds to bail out and get to safety before it blows up and kills them all.

That was the goal anyways, and I thought we got there in testing... it can be affected by where you hit it.... but for the most part I thought that it *was* a 1 hit kill, just took a short bit of flaming to actually blow up.

egg

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:18 AM   #63
ghosty

The play and feel is very different, going to take a little to get use to. Seems like the DEV's have put alot of work into this release (I Kinda know). I think we all need a guide of some sort, this would answer alot of questions. The scoring is crazy... never much mor scoring anyway. Seems to be alot more players out and about lately... but time will be the final test.

Good Job DEVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[COLOR="Red"]PR is Fun!
ghosty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:54 AM   #64
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleDee
why cant u make spawnable sniper kits like fh does?!?!

fh is on an outdated engine true, but the gameplay is still awesome due to limited kits, etc.

can't u ask the forgotten hope devs how to do a spawnable kit? im sure they wuold be happy to help......if they are nice that is lol.

anyways good luck.
we have ran into problems with them in the past with server errors but we think that we might be on the right track to getting it to work for the next relase

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:54 AM   #65
[T]Terranova7

For the most part I love it. I just got to playing it today for about 2 to 3 hours on GH. The maps I played are pretty good. Although that Jabar map is just plain huge. I mean a driver in my squad flipped the humvee down a trail in the middle of nowhere so I told everyone to start a campfire, seriously. Teamwork seems to have gone above and beyond in this mod, I see alot more squads full of 4 to 6 players as well as less squad hoping.

The things that bother me are mostly material wise. Although I've seen players pull that prone and fire tactic a bit too often. It would be nice to have it so that you can't fire for a certain amout of time after proning, as if your in some kind of "jump phase" when you go prone. Also, the M4 and other spec ops primary weapons are just god awful in accuracy. They need to be better, although I for one still believe they need to be removed from the current selection of maps for realism purposes. The bolt-action sniper should be replaced by the M40A3 on USMC maps as well. The ghuille suit should still go IMO.

The final thing being is that on some maps there are slightly too many vehicles. I think vehicles should be altered in some way to balance things out. I constantly see APCs just bull rushing flags tearing everyone to shreds. Although hopefully the single-shot disposable AT rockets will make their appearance in 0.4.

Member of
|

[T]Terranova7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:02 AM   #66
TJ-A-

Played quite a few hours last night with "my gang" on a closed server (they`re all noobs to BF2, so I felt right at home in my job as a teacher since i needed to "tutor" them on averything!). Our server admin has managed to convince most of our clan to buy BF2 and download the patch.... That`s quite an achievement, since these are picky people demanding the best! The initial reports from them were over all positive! Most of them loved it!

A few issues arrised;
People in my clan seemed to miss the anti-tank character having a little more "punch" to defend himself with than the pistol. Any chance of giving him a rifle or maybe an MP5?

There were issues with the sniper rifle. Our snipers (some of them have handeled the real thing) found the rifle a little "weak". They wondered about the chance of changing the weapon loadout? And that brings me to my question; will the reality mod work on the same principle as BF2 that the more you play, the better the weapons you get? If so, I will feel sad, because not all of us can play for hours daily and work up a hughe arsenal... Gives us a disadvantage that..

sincerely
TJ

HeliX are currently recruiting |
Norwegian| players to play in PR Leagues,
visit us at
and ''Squad Up" today!

TJ-A- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:09 AM   #67
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

Had fun. But one thing, Extract and night maps, not good. Half way through the game everyones like "What? Extract? What?" then no one can see the SUV, some noob takes it for a joy ride and casually crashes it into a MEC anti-tank rocket passing by.

GeZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:24 AM   #68
weidel

Overall I find 0.3 to be WAY BETTER than 0.25, but I have some complaints, and most of them have been said before:

1) First of all, the sniper rifles have turned into the worst noob railguns I have ever seen. It takes no skill at all to lie down somewhere and rake kills up. Snipers are basically bad when the team wants to win so it somehow balances out, but this leads to:

2) There is no real incentive for any team to win. What about halving the points acquired for the loosing team, or doubling the points acquired for the winning team?

3) AAS needs to be reworked to grand larger tactical flexibility. If the USMC for example, is chased out to the carrier on Gulf of Oman, they do not stand a chance of getting back to the beach because there is only one chokepoint where they can attack. This is also true for alot of other maps where the fight bugs down around flags that are too easy to defend, and essentially ends up in two teams of snipers shooting at each other (Very Boring!). AAS, and not the class limitations, is the big sinner here.

4) On some of the new daylight maps, the shadows are actually too dark. Have any of you ever wandered into the shadows of a gasolin station to find yourself in complete darkness???? I have not!

5) The nightmaps seems pointless. I think somebody earlier said that one can either experience them in almost black or green.

6) I hope the NVG's that the USMC and other professional armies are using are better than the ones depicted in the mod vision vice. Secondly, it takes hours for NVG's to run out of battery, so I find it very unrealistic to run out of battery in a matter of minutes in this mod.

7) I find Jungle Fever to be very random tactics and shooting vice. The two teams simply run towards each other, and the ones that see the others first gets the upper hand. I think the map would be better if it was bigger and had more high ground / low ground versus just plain level.

The AT soldier needs more firepower. At the moment he is scoring around 60 points when the rest of the classes lies close to 200 points. I know, that the Devs have a plan here

9) Instaproning!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, that was alot of complaining. I only have to say that I still like 0.3 very much, so the things that I have not mentioned here is good
weidel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:32 AM   #69
Garack

- AT Soldier should blow up a Jeep with one Shoot to Fire.

- The PioneerĀ“s Landmines...Every time a Teammate walked in, is it possible NOT
to be counted as a Teamkill?
Garack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:35 AM   #70
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by weidel
5) The nightmaps seems pointless. I think somebody earlier said that one can either experience them in almost black or green.

6) I hope the NVG's that the USMC and other professional armies are using are better than the ones depicted in the mod vision vice. Secondly, it takes hours for NVG's to run out of battery, so I find it very unrealistic to run out of battery in a matter of minutes in this mod.
The NVGs have a better light amplification level that their RL counterparts! And the image you see through them is similiar in sharpness to the image with out them. This does not happen in RL. The reason you all complain is because you put them on in the cities and expect to see perfectly. THat won't work as most ofg the time you will be near a light source that bleeds into the lense and reduces th e amount the NVGs amplify by. When you are in the outskirts of Mastuur, for example, they become your best friend, and without them oyu jsut get mowed down. And why?! Becuase it is DARK! and NVGs help you in low light level siutations!

And I like the night maps, it adds something new.
the.ultimate.maverick is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, impressions, initial, prmm, thread