project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
Wags

Send a message via Skype™ to Wags
Default The Importance of Infantry.

Infantry is the single most important element of Project Reality. Why? Infantry gets the job done. On all maps, a proper infantry squad is required to win. Even on large maps like Kashan Desert; especially on Kashan Desert. There are too many squads that don't get the objective done. It's in every server: three armor squads, five helo squads, two sniper squads. Most of which are petty one man squads. This is no way to play Project Reality! Infantry is the basis from which we have our vehicles. It's simple: armor was made to support infantry, helos were made to transport and take out infantry, fixed-wing aircraft were designed to take-out everything that supports infantry. So why the lack of infantry? Infantry wins battles, cut-and-dry.

Opinions?
Wags is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
Surround

Send a message via Skype™ to Surround
Default Re: The Importance of Infantry.

And infantry can destroy everything with proper weapons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Surround is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Players are hardcoded.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
crazy11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:33 AM   #4
Tartantyco

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyasian11 View Post
Players are retarded.
fify...

Make Norway OPFOR! NAO!

It's your hamster Richard. It's your hamster in the box and it's not breathing.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:15 AM   #5
Ace42
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophatter94 View Post
Opinions?
Depends on the map. Last few games I played just now played out like that though. Even trying to run an Inf squad, you get some numbnut joining, grabbing an APC or armoured car, then going "hey, all you guys busy moving up to the objective and making a firebase, who wants to be my gunner!"
Ace42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:27 AM   #6
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I played on Kozelsk this morning with an hilarious squad on TG.

We were Russians, and we were looking for enemies, (we were infantry)

So we suddenly find an abandoned enemy APC (The one with rockets) and i jump on it to drop my grenade thingy that destroys stuff.

Funny thing is, the rocket pod starts moving, and shooting, without hitting any off us, and the grenades does short work of the veichle to our amusement.

Infantry rocks... Had so much fun that round, although i only stayed there for like 50 min. When i was about to leave, i said, "Well i have reached my goal for the round, no deaths, you all have been dead, but i im still at zero" ratatata, a friendly 50 cal. sore through my head as we speed over the water in a boat.... EPIC... Im dead...

Infantry definatly gets the job done, all other assets are there to support the infantry.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:33 AM   #7
Zi8

I agree, thats why 99% of the times I lead only infantry squads. And imo too much assets == too much vbf2 style whoring

Zi8 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:30 AM   #8
Portable.Cougar

Except for Quinling 64.

I still think that map can be won without inf support.

Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 AM   #9
cyberzomby

haha yes that is true. [T&T] doombringer won that map when he was squad-leading me and some others. We used 3 FAV's and speed acros the map as chinese. Dodged tanks and stuff, capped the flags and won.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:16 AM   #10
Alex6714

In PR maybe, but in real conventional warfare infantry on the frontlines are just cannon fodder imo. Doesn´t matter how good your infantry is, if you don´t have air superiority, your going to lose. Because in real life vehicles are deadly, and they don´t need a pair of binoculars that fire a sticky box to be effective.

But everything is equally important.

Oh, and vietnam isn´t really a conventional modern war.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
importance, infantry