project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #11
Welshboy

Send a message via Skype™ to Welshboy
Default Re: pr training servers, is there any point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheditor View Post
Alex you mean your 150+ kills earlier today ^^
That was fun

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Welshboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:07 AM   #12
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laikiunreal View Post
no but trainning servers are good to try flying skills (witch means that you must be in the American-infidel side) other than that you will be using AA vehicles all day...what i want to say is if you respawn as MEC is going to be boring as hell in a trainning server, IMO.
well most training servers dont have auto balance on, so you dont have to be mec. if you want to practice flying, yes you have to be on the american side. what difference does it make? its not like the mec jets fly drastically different.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:08 AM   #13
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcreaper View Post
why bother having them if it impossible to even play in them with 0 server controle or targets from which to shoot at..
Because your limited and unfortunate experience is not shared by everyone else.

Servers like War Is Hell have kick voting and pretty regular admins so tards are dealt with, there are times where they get away with it but theres ways to avoid them.

If all you're doing is trying to learn how to fly a jet and someones bombing the airfield, just join another server or make your own. If you don't want to leave the server try training with another asset until the tard gets bored or is punished.

As for targets, I find if the servers populated theres almost always someone on the other side.

You've just had some bad rounds and are understandably frustrated, but it's not what always happens and it's certainly not unavoidable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex6714 View Post
All it takes is a bit of logic and an AAV, and you have got it made, at the current state, even a monkey could do it
It's amusing when people consider themselves skillful and brag about it when they shoot down a lot of aircraft with an AAV in a training server. Lock on AA missiles don't require any accuracy or teamwork and noob pilots are some of the easiest targets imaginable.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:31 AM   #14
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazz View Post

It's amusing when people consider themselves skillful and brag about it when they shoot down a lot of aircraft with an AAV in a training server. Lock on AA missiles don't require any accuracy or teamwork and noob pilots are some of the easiest targets imaginable.
Which was the point of my comment.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #15
socomseal45

Training servers are actually helpful believe it or not. I've had games with the tking smacktards that got booted after being punished 3 times. If the airfields are busy being shot up, ask someone to go tanking with you or do something else.
socomseal45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #16
laikiunreal

Send a message via MSN to laikiunreal Send a message via Skype™ to laikiunreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
well most training servers dont have auto balance on, so you dont have to be mec. if you want to practice flying, yes you have to be on the american side. what difference does it make? its not like the mec jets fly drastically different.
yes, but if everybody is in the American side, who is going to be shoot at?

"If I were Stallone... I'd make Hugo Chavez the main bad guy rather than picking a fictional character. Just to piss his red ass off."
Panzerfire.
laikiunreal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #17
[R-DEV]epoch
PR:A3 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

If you want to make a visit to a training server worthwhile, get a few friends to come join you. Then you can arrange between yourselves who's going to do what, and where.

I do that on my training server from time to time. Get a few [T&T]'ers on - a few on one side acting as bait, whilst those on the other side take them out.

And if you don't have friends, make some!

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.
[R-DEV]epoch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #18
JohnTheRipper
Banned

Well training servers the small ones that have people that are respectable in them can help a lot because i spent a whole week once just practicing Laser guided missiles and bombs from the tornado and now I can hit always anything if my pilot is good, i almost downed a helo to (well it was flying). Note the guy flying it said it was ok since we were all just messsing around in bombing range then.
JohnTheRipper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #19
addaco

Send a message via MSN to addaco

I think his has already been suggested but the destcrucable runways need to be removed for training. I know objects can be locked to ap sizes, but can they for gamemodes (so destrucable runways can be used for AAS)

addaco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #20
marcoelnk
Retired PR Developer

edit, wrong thread.

Last edited by marcoelnk; 04-12-2009 at 03:22 PM..

Tags
point, servers, training