project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #21
Rapid12
Default Re: The officer's pistol is awesome...

Could the pistols have red dot sights on, like in Terminator?
Rapid12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #22
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid12 View Post
Could the pistols have red dot sights on, like in Terminator?
Yes and I also wants Fat Man from Fallout3 think about going around nuking every living shit on the server.

Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #23
CyrusPI

I'm a guilty lover of the pistol, and sometimes I snatch up an Officer kit just for it. That is if no one needs the kit I'm currently using of course. I'm not dumb enough to drop a HAT kit for a pistol.

Party smoke and the GLTD are also sweet bonuses of the Officer kit. That kit is the definition of Squad Leader win.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

By trying too hard, we put ourselves at a greater risk. Don’t you think so?
L
working on a little something something
CyrusPI is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #24
hiberNative

i've noticed regular army guys can take like 3 pistol bullets, turn around and kill you ;(
i haven't had the pistol sprees in .85 that i used to have.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #25
NickO

Send a message via MSN to NickO

Personally I see the pistol as the ironsights part of the officer kit.

IMO all scopes can suck mah balls and I very rarely play officer nowadays because of it.

(It takes 4 hits to kill with the pistol :/)

[GCA]Al-Khidr
When ever you make a post the thread becomes awesome NickO, but that is beside the point.
[GCA]Salah ad Din
NickO, I'll take a plane, fly to Sweden and personally ban you from the Internet.
NickO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #26
Koroush47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpig- View Post
I personally think it could be removed. If you're getting rid of the pistol for the pilot for gameplay reasons (and therefor sacrificing realism to stop pilots ramboing) then it might not be a bad idea to do it for the SL.

Just thinking aloud of course *runs*

Oh my God. What the hell is up with these **** who want to remove every single weapon in the game?

First they take the pilot kits gun away... then the spec-ops kit... now they want to nerf the officer kit?

Seriously, go away... We don't need more classes nerfed.
Koroush47 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #27
Gaven
Send a message via AIM to Gaven Send a message via MSN to Gaven Send a message via Skype™ to Gaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroush47 View Post
Oh my God. What the hell is up with these **** who want to remove every single weapon in the game?

First they take the pilot kits gun away... then the spec-ops kit... now they want to nerf the officer kit?

Medics shouldn't get rifles either dude.

I'm just saying.

And yes, the pistol is exciting to use. Especially in those moments where you're totally desperate, out of ammo and outnumbered. That thing has gotten me out of one or two of those.
Gaven is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #28
llPANCHOll
PR Beta Testing Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickO View Post
Personally I see the pistol as the ironsights part of the officer kit.

IMO all scopes can suck mah balls and I very rarely play officer nowadays because of it.

(It takes 4 hits to kill with the pistol :/)
Amen...

llPANCHOll is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #29
SuperTimo

Send a message via MSN to SuperTimo

skorpion is this best officer side arm

SuperTimo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #30
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroush47 View Post

What the hell is up with people taking an offensive tone with other forum users?! Go away, we don't need more people who don't follow simple rules?

Joking aside - what's the point in using **** when everyone knows that you're still being offensive with your tone? Calm down a tad, yeah?

As for your point, well - pilot pistols removed for good reason, likewise specops kit. Officers on the other hand are fully entitled to their pistols and it would serve no gameplay purpose to remove them - they're realistic - so they'll remain, I suspect. Stop fretting.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, handgun, officer, pistol, sidearm