project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Do you want it?
Yes, I want Mi-24 or Ka-52 for Russians and Mi-35 for MEC 422 94.41%
No, I like everything as it is 25 5.59%
Voters: 447. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 06:19 AM   #41
JohnTheRipper
Banned
Default Re: New helicopters at the Russian army and MEC. Next version of PR mod.

the thing i wonder is what it's damage resistance would be in game, because i've heard storys of them being hit by multiple rpgs, a stinger, .50 caliber machines and coming back to base full of holes with the crew unharmed. are any of them true i have no idea.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:53 AM   #42
STORM-Mama

Default Re: New helicopters at the Russian army and MEC. Next version of PR mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTheRipper View Post
the thing i wonder is what it's damage resistance would be in game, because i've heard storys of them being hit by multiple rpgs, a stinger, .50 caliber machines and coming back to base full of holes with the crew unharmed. are any of them true i have no idea.
Soviet propaganda...? Although some versions are supposed to very heavily armoured.

The Mi-24 would really bring something new to the game. It's something that would make the Russian Forces really unique, since no one of the western armies use something similar. It's a flying APC, basically, so it shouldn't replace the Mi-28.

Mi-8: Transport and supplies
Mi-28: Attack
Mi-24: A mix of both
Old 04-07-2009, 08:30 AM   #43
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

Quote:
and is not as fast or manuverable as lets say..an apache..
AH-64 Maximum Level Flight Speed 284 kph linky
Mi-24 Maximum speed 168 mph / 335 km/h linky
Quote:
64 2.5 inch rockets are alot.. the apache uses 3.5 inch rockets..slightly bigger explosive capacity.. but does not carry as many as the hind does...
Quote:
linky
2-4 - 80-mm S-8 rocket pods (20 ea.)
2-4 - 57-mm S-5 rocket pods (32 ea.)
Quote:
depends on where projectile hit chopper and chopper modification
ArtOfWar. Damaged and lost Mi-24 in Afghanistan, heres a compilation about loses of Mi-24 during Soviet-Afghan war, but its on Russian
some quotes
Quote:
Сентябрь 1988 г. Находившаяся в засаде "зэушка" с расстояния 400 м обстреляла Ми-24ВП. В амашину попали 28 снарядов, но она беспроблемно вернулась на базу.
September 1988 . ZU cannon(23mm) opened fire at Mi-24VP from 400m. 28 rounds hit helicopter, but it returned to base without problems
Quote:
Январь 1988 г. С дистанции 1300 м обстрелян Ми-24ВП. 56 снарядов под углом около 60 грд попали в борт машины, но брони не пробили. После этого случая все 10 опытных Ми-24ВП, олснащенных новым бронированием, содержавшим керамические элементы, стали называть "Вертолетами-танками".
January 1988. Mi-24VP being under fire from 1300m(Hispano-Suiza HSS 820, 20mm). 56 rounds hit the hull at ~60 degrees angle, but didnt penetrate armor. After this occasion all 10 experimental Mi-24VP, equiped with new armor with ceramic elements, were called "flying tanks"
Old 04-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #44
Alex6714

Yeah, its not X amount of rounds to kill chopper, its X amount of rounds in the right place to kill the chopper. CanĀ“t be done much in game though, well, I bet it could, but it would be a huge amount of work. From reading the Apache book, an Apache has ha parts of the main rotor shot up and it still killed the enemy and returned to base. Similarly, a lucky shot could take it down.

One even took an RPG iirc, destroying the right engine and wing, and that landed safely.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Old 04-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #45
Fenrir07

Choppers bah...

Let's have some moar Anti Aircraft systems...
Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #46
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir07 View Post
Choppers bah...

Let's have some moar Anti Aircraft systems...
But you at least need a couple of maps with helicopters to use these AA systems.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Old 04-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #47
Merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM-Mama View Post
The Mi-24 would really bring something new to the game. It's something that would make the Russian Forces really unique, since no one of the western armies use something similar.
Thanks for these words! It is actual true, and I wanted to say this myself...
Introduction of these helicopters to the game indeed can bring new lines, new features on a battle-field!
On certain maps, for example forest maps (talked already about it - f.e. "Fools Road"),
I think it can be actual unique, shockingly gameplay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM-Mama View Post
Mi-24: A mix of both
Yes, of course, in fact Mi-24 and is a helicopter of double-duty!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #48
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

Quote:
Yeah, its not X amount of rounds to kill chopper, its X amount of rounds in the right place to kill the chopper
yep, read somewhere that fueltanks on first modification Mi-24 could be penetrated even with 5.45 round
Old 04-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #49
Surround

Send a message via Skype™ to Surround

Hey, I loved the hind when I was child. Thats a good reason to add hind.

Btw I know you devs have so much spare time, that you can easily add choppa or two in a week, right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #50
Russian_soldier_1989

I think Ka-52 not the best variant for PR, because we will have problems with limiteg gunning sector. It can become a serious problem during fight with the apache (if AA missles spended). As for me, i would like to see crocodile (Mi-24) in PR. For example in AIX mod, or in PoE2 mod heavy crocodiles fight with light AH-64 and PAH-2 without game balance problems. Similary in PR.
Last edited by Russian_soldier_1989; 04-08-2009 at 08:15 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
army, helicopters, hind, mec, mod, russian, version