project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
flem615
Default Piloting Helicopters

I think that now, after playing for a while, one of the largest problems in game is transportation. Specifically the helicopter transports. the good pilots out there do a wonderful job, but there are not a lot of them. i understand the idea behind it being hard to fly a chopper, but i think it needs to be toned down a little bit. everytime im in a chopper im praying that we wont smash, crash, and burn, which has happened to me, and many of us, a lot. i think that while making flying a specialty is realistic and cool, there are just not enough people who want to spend most of PR flying choppers around. the real action is centered on ground combat, so thats where most people want to be. im not asking for a total overhaul, but maybe just tuning it down a notch so more people can fly choppers.
flem615 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking
Default Re: Piloting Helicopters

personnaly, i think its perfect, but then agian, i am a ingame dedicated polot, its just i lag while flying, so i cant do that much anymore
when i get a new computer and fly, it will be wonderfull, we will win everygame, but still... i think it is good.
it makes it so less peaple want to fly, so there is more fighting.
i feel if more peaple could fly they would, and therefor less troops, just my oppinion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
ghOst819
Banned

Even if the devs did tone it down there will always be somebody who crashes.Just create a game or go to a training server if your really that bad.
ghOst819 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
spybaz

It really only affects Barracuda and Muttrah (my fav map still) but you are right. Playing either map now is a nightmare if you are US.

If I'm on the AC deck with my squad, I usually type out to the pilot, "have you flown a helo in PR for longer than 5hrs total?".

If the answer is "yes" then I will take the risk. But, alas, pilots can lie too...and they do...and I die...and I hate it...and I'm sad that PR is being destroyed by noobs (newbies? - ALL THE FREAKING SAME!!! Anyway, I digress... ) that won't do the reading or listen/learn from experienced players.

Basically I am in agreement with your assertion that most PR pilots don't know how to infiltrate with a helo without getting shot down. Most 'pilots' miss the bit about being clever and think that, just because the can take off and land, they are good pilots.

This is not what makes a good pilot in PR. A good pilot is one that can take of and land - and knows how to infiltrate and drop of a squad in a non-hot LZ and do so w/o getting shot down and killing every fucking one of us!

ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe | AMD 6000+ (dual core) @ 3.01GHz | 4GB RAM | NVidia GTX 295 | Creative XFi Audio | Win 7
Last edited by spybaz; 03-25-2009 at 01:08 AM..
Old 03-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

There's plenty of capable pilots out there. The usual problem is not a lack of good pilots, but rather a lack of vehicles due to the bad ones smashing them 30 seconds into the round.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #6
flem615

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthirsty_viking View Post
i feel if more peaple could fly they would, and therefor less troops, just my oppinion
Hmm, thats a very good point. But i still think some small change needs to be made. ive had enough of crashing cause of newb pilots.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
kevlarorc

If they make piloting easier then more noobs will think they can fly and there will be a constant fight over choppers ( as if it doesn't happen already). I'd almost rather they make it harder so only the few dedicated pilots will fly. For instance, I used to fly Black Hawks but since they changed it in 0.8 I don't fly anymore because it just doesn't feel right so I only fly little birds.

If noobs continually crash choppers then start putting some serious pressure on them. If they have 31 people pissed off at them then I think they may feel that they really do need to go hop on a training server.

kevlarorc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
flem615

yeah, but that works both ways. if flying is made harder it will only mean more people crashing anyway. maybe aircraft should be locked for everyone and only people who have server permission can get in them and fly. something to consider. but the amount of crashes needs to be fixed. it damages the game in so many ways.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #9
[uBp]Irish

I usually try and setup good Helo Squads (limiting the amount of pilots so we have reserve helo's on station, vectoring pilots.. etc..) but sometimes don't get the chance because people will make a squad before I get the chance and call the asset... there goes the team.

[uBp]Irish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:10 AM   #10
PFunk

It doesn't take much to be a decent pilot that can take off and land. There is definitely a lack of excellent pilots, but thats always true.

What is lacking is sensible people that don't just button mash.

They crash before they even have a chance to take control of the vehicle in flight.

Morons, not reading the manual, vbf2 nublets. thats your problem.

Nothing more.

[PR]NATO|P*Funk

PFunk is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
helicopters, piiloting, piloting