project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #41
[uBp]Irish

Default Re: Piloting Helicopters

I personally fear AA (including Jets) about 3x as much now when I fly on Kashan than Tanks/other vehicles.

Not sure what you're going on about. Mongolian summed it up well, Helo Pilots need to have a better sense of the flow of battle thinking strategically about how they want to fly. I was creating a guide about how to fly Transport/Logistics well, but stopped. Might end it know, since it went into good detail about the line of advance regarding where your forces are and what the best path is to get to them/exit out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[uBp]Irish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #42
Truism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
You can shoot down anything even if it starts dropping flares before you see him.Personal experience,from both sides.
This is absolutely untrue. AA will always lock on flares if they are anywhere near the sight picture rather than the real heat source.
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #43
daniellegraham

Send a message via MSN to daniellegraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by flem615 View Post
I think that now, after playing for a while, one of the largest problems in game is transportation. Specifically the helicopter transports. the good pilots out there do a wonderful job, but there are not a lot of them. i understand the idea behind it being hard to fly a chopper, but i think it needs to be toned down a little bit. everytime im in a chopper im praying that we wont smash, crash, and burn, which has happened to me, and many of us, a lot. i think that while making flying a specialty is realistic and cool, there are just not enough people who want to spend most of PR flying choppers around. the real action is centered on ground combat, so thats where most people want to be. im not asking for a total overhaul, but maybe just tuning it down a notch so more people can fly choppers.
i found that flying a helicopter is much easier in PRSP than PR

Always be a medic, never get a special kit, save your ass in no time
daniellegraham is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #44
bbondaloose

I noticed playing Muttrah, that people who are in INF squads, or even APC squads, as soon as they spawn they run for a helo. I even saw a friendly firefight between a squad of pilots and some guy in INF fight because the INF guy kept taking the helos, and crash them right over the edge.

Not to mention, how many times whilst in a helo, and telling the pilot where i want to get dropped off, they drop me off in the middle of enemy territory, thinking I'm some haxorspesialforses, thus me getting shot 2 seconds after.(and helo going down)

Tags
helicopters, piiloting, piloting