project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
[R-DEV]pleym
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]pleym Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]pleym
Exclamation Will the PR team start moding for Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PC?

Hey

I'm just wondering if the PR team is going to start a PR mod for Battlefield Bad Company 2, when it arrives for PC? A newer game engine, better graphic etc, more opportunities for development.

As we know so cant EA make games realistic enough so that's why I wonder if PR will try to make a new generation Project Reality with insane graphic, and a brand new game engine, so the hit detection and all that stuff will be perfect, no bugs etc, you name it...

So will PR try make FB BC 2 better than it will be and more realistic?

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - News, Previews, & Videos|Official Site

Winter map on BF BC 2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PR:BF2 Mapper
Old 03-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
Axel

Default Re: Will the PR team start moding for Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PC?

I guess the BFBC engine is abit too limited, and I don't know, can one call this a resuggestion? :P
Old 03-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
cyberzomby

Thats prolly a negative since one of the devs said that they have spend all these years modding a game. The next step for them would be to go indy developer. Modding yet another game is more or less the same as what they are doing now and kinda throws away all the hard work they did on this engine.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
[R-DEV]pleym
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]pleym Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]pleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
Thats prolly a negative since one of the devs said that they have spend all these years modding a game. The next step for them would be to go indy developer. Modding yet another game is more or less the same as what they are doing now and kinda throws away all the hard work they did on this engine.
The modders in PR have got a lot of experience with modding and such with the PR mod to BF2. I think that it would been nice to mod a new PR for, a newer game, that will give the players better graphic, hit detection and such. The gaming feeling will be much better wen you can use your graphic card on maximum. Than you can feel the realism, the graphic, you name it. I hope they will, mod a PR for BF BC 2. I believe that's the next step for the PR developers. when the PR 0.9 is finished is the mod almost finished than they can start on the next project. The new BF BC 2 will give the gamers new energy and power to play, cause of the new engine. (hopefully less bugs, and huger opportunities).

Good work with PR for bf2, and I hope you prepare for the next generation PR.

Good luck guys!
(if you start a new PR project for BF BC 2 when its getting released, pr is the best mod ever)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PR:BF2 Mapper
Old 03-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
cyberzomby

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleym(norway) View Post
that will give the players better graphic, hit detection and such. The gaming feeling will be much better wen you can use your graphic card on maximum. Than you can feel the realism, the graphic, you name it.
There are people that cant pull PR in its current form. You'd cut of lots of current players by upping the requirements even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleym(norway) View Post
I believe that's the next step for the PR developers.
Like I said before: I'd hate to rain on your parade but the dev's stated themselves that there next step will sooner be an Indy game than yet another mod.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

As stated moving to an other game is pretty much a nono for the near future.

Lots of other engines would be 'leet' but you have to take into account that you are pretty much starting back at 0 resource (have to redesign everything) and community wise.

Thus locked

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play :

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, battlefield, company, moding, start, team