project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #111
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude
Default Re: A serious discussion about deviation in 0.85

WEll thiing is i didnt move at all, i was laying still and had sight up. As soon as he popped up i shot at him, it should have been exceptionally good hitting average, but out of 2 bullets fired, 0 hit.

And he got up, shot once and killed. HIS deviation should be have been much higher than mine.

I get that he head shotted me, i dont have a problem with that.

But this was a blue on blue gun fight.

i had bluefor gun with insurgent, and he was blufor with blufor gun.

When going straight up from prone position, ud think he would have had massive deviation, but the SOB still had me as soon as he was up. Not even a fraction of a second before his body showed up.

Lol, u can understand how laughable that situation is in regards to that. In any case, i still stand by the deviation to be all right and managable for now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #112
sakils2
Banned

Quote:
No, I use my sights. When I have a scoped weapon I can make accurate shoots without using scope.
I was talking about CQB here.

Quote:
Well, thats why you need to aim...
You just stated that you can make accurate shots without aiming.

Rrrrright.
You we're talking about CQB when you said pray and spray, I was talking about CQB, too.

Quote:
You like not being able to hit a guy that is less than a meter from you?
My response---> Well, thats why you need to aim...

Do you really think I would aim with my optics/sights at this range? And I was not talking about aiming with sights/optics.

Quote:
Simply stated because he is contradicting himself and cannot make up his mind.
I was talking about CQB all the time! It's not my fault you misunderstood!
Last edited by sakils2; 02-25-2009 at 04:17 PM..
Old 02-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #113
xXRich07Xx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.A.Sharps View Post

I see people like this all the time, and even I have found myself forgetting at times what I would do in RL, and I'd run through somewhere with a fresh dead body on the ground, or stand up on a roof top in a hot zone.

If you want to instill fear of death in a player there has to be real consequences that the player will fear if he gets shot.

The only solution implementable is to have a player get kicked from the server if he gets killed, maybe after 3 deaths or some # if there would be a worry about game play. It may sound extreme, but so is death.

You can do long spawn times, but then after a point I would just leave and rejoin the server.
Ahh, but here is where we must balance fun with realism. Make it too realistic and it won't be fun. Make it too fun and it won't be realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakils2 View Post
Well, if you would think a little bit you would've understand that I was talking about CQB (when I said that I can make accurate shoots without using scopes).
That discussion is over as requested by admins.
xXRich07Xx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #114
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

^ god...why do I actually visit this forum when there are is so much bitching....

Quote:
It could stall out games some I guess, and would really piss some off, but I can also see it encouraging more serious communication. I don't think those lame late night games where no one talks, or most people don't speak your language, would last so long with a death=kick rule (good? or bad?).
don't even go there in my opinion. Yes...its a realistic portrayal of death I guess. But this system would make me avoid pubbers 100% of the time, I'd only play with PRT members or clan members cuz I wouldn't trust a pubber, since I don't want to spend my time in a loading screen when I want to play a game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #115
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfidude View Post
WEll thiing is i didnt move at all, i was laying still and had sight up. As soon as he popped up i shot at him, it should have been exceptionally good hitting average, but out of 2 bullets fired, 0 hit.

And he got up, shot once and killed. HIS deviation should be have been much higher than mine.

I get that he head shotted me, i dont have a problem with that.

But this was a blue on blue gun fight.

i had bluefor gun with insurgent, and he was blufor with blufor gun.

When going straight up from prone position, ud think he would have had massive deviation, but the SOB still had me as soon as he was up. Not even a fraction of a second before his body showed up.

Lol, u can understand how laughable that situation is in regards to that. In any case, i still stand by the deviation to be all right and managable for now.
Is it possible that going Prone -> Standing doesn't actually reset your deviation? Therefore he would have had the minimum deviation possible (close to zero) for his first, and only, shot. Subsequent shots, however, you probably would have won?

I'm not sure this is the case, but I'm pretty sure that going from Crouching -> standing doesn't change your deviation, so maybe it's the same for prone?

Help Project Reality in Australia, join the bigD community!

Jay is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #116
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

Gentleman!!

STAY ON TOPIC!

Its been said by the devs here already, Whatever the beef is between you guys, grill it up and eat it.

If you must discuss it, do it out of the forums, no point spamming this forum with useless comments.

PS: maybe jay, i dont know, perhaps a dev could enlighten me on this. That could seriously explain it. I mean i thought u cannot shoot for a second if you go from one prone to standing to simulate getting up, but i could have dreamt that up, lol.

ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #117
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I'm not sure this is the case, but I'm pretty sure that going from Crouching -> standing doesn't change your deviation, so maybe it's the same for prone?
Changing stance without any WASD movement doesn't reset the deviation settle time. There's no way to make it affect the settle time otherwise we would have already implemented it.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #118
Cobhris

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.A.Sharps View Post
The rifles act like rifles.

The people playing don't act like people getting shot at by rifles.

Most of the people here would never charge up a street that has 7.62mm rounds flying down it just for the chance that they might make it this time.

I see people like this all the time, and even I have found myself forgetting at times what I would do in RL, and I'd run through somewhere with a fresh dead body on the ground, or stand up on a roof top in a hot zone.

If you want to instill fear of death in a player there has to be real consequences that the player will fear if he gets shot.

The only solution implementable is to have a player get kicked from the server if he gets killed, maybe after 3 deaths or some # if there would be a worry about game play. It may sound extreme, but so is death.

You can do long spawn times, but then after a point I would just leave and rejoin the server.

It could stall out games some I guess, and would really piss some off, but I can also see it encouraging more serious communication. I don't think those lame late night games where no one talks, or most people don't speak your language, would last so long with a death=kick rule (good? or bad?).

I'm sure something like it has been brought up before... what do the DEVs think about death = kick?
You do know people die in real wars, right? There's only 32 players on each team; you can't seriously expect 500 different people to come on to play and then die 15 minutes later and get kicked.

The Soviets may have only gotten as far as East Germany, but they took the rest of the continent without firing a single shot.

NObama 2012!
Cobhris is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
085, deviation, discussion, serious, weapon