project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #41
spybaz
Default Re: Locking Squads - Server Admins use your head

You're all wrong

ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe | AMD 6000+ (dual core) @ 3.01GHz | 4GB RAM | NVidia GTX 295 | Creative XFi Audio | Win 7
Old 02-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #42
lucky14

If there's the room, and the squad is being useful, let it be locked. Simple enough.

However, I am not paying for the servers, so as one of the Devs said, they make the rules, and we can't force it on them (directly). If you don't like any of the servers, get your own...
Old 02-24-2009, 07:37 PM   #43
sentinel

But how do you say "stop following us", "stop using the voip so much" or "can you go to the otherside of the map, because you are ruining my funtime" in a way that nobodys feelings get hurt? What do you do when you kick a guy over and over again, and he comes back like a bad rash? Then you lock the squad?!

"- Jackson_Action"
Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #44
SocketMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky14 View Post
If you don't like any of the servers, get your own...
That's what it comes down to.
Personally I don't lock squads unless I know my mates are connecting.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:11 AM   #45
Jevski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Impact View Post
+1 to PFunks reply

If you are doing something out of the ordinary, like cutting of supplyroutes, you only need 2 guys (combat engy + safety for ex.) If you put 4 more guys in the squad and they are capping flags and encounter enemy inf squad --> 4 vs. 6 = death to the outnumbered squad, 'cause the 2 are being USEFULL elsewhere...

Ex. Muttrah US side

-COMMANDER
Squad1, APC = 2 acps, 4 crewman, 2 inf with the log. truck
Squad2, HeloTrans = 3 hueys, 3 pilots, littlebirds for reserve LOCKED
Squad3, AttHELO = 1 gunhuey, 1 cobra, SL (for spotting), 3 pilots LOCKED
Squad4, INF = 6 inf
Squad5, Recon = sniper, spotter LOCKED (actually no need for even a third, if they died = they failed)
Squad6, AirCav, 1 littlebird, SL, pilot, 4 reg. inf
Squad7, ForwOps, SL, combat engy, medic (for destroying located AAs and assortes tasks) LOCKED
Squad8, empty
Squad9, empty

So thats 4 locked squads out of 7

I do not see any objections to use locked squads in this mannor, do not get me wrong, I do not approve the useless locked squads that run around the map and do only baseraping...

What I would like to see is something else than all 6 man inf squads, setting their rally/FB right in the middle of the flag and moving on a straight line to the next flag like lemmings...tactics & proper use of assets
Sqd 2/helotrans rarely need to have a marker placed. They usualy communicate though chat. Drop where? b3 rgr.

So why cant the sniper sqd and the helotrans be in the same one?

Just have the sniper/spotter mute the pilots, and the pilots mute the sniper/spotter. That way every1 can talk with out getting the voip channel spammed.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #46
lucky14

What if the sniper's need extraction. . .
Old 02-25-2009, 09:58 AM   #47
sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky14 View Post
What if the sniper's need extraction. . .
Just type it on team chat like always.. The Extraction and supply markers are usually little off so you would have to type it in anyways..

"- Jackson_Action"
Old 02-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #48
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

player 1: Your wrong
player 2:No your wrong
player 1: No YOUR wrong
player 2: NO YOUR WRONG
Both: Pew pew pew!

Remember kids, conversations about locked squads can cause wars. Keep world peace, lock a thread...

...joking aside, this isn't going anywhere and didn't the last two times it got discussed before, either. Let's put it to bed: you're all wrong, according to someone else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread

Tags
admins, head, locking, server, squads