project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Default Re: Success for Project Reality

(: well i still only see 5 servers have 50+ at any time but I guess it 24/7 vs only 2-3 full in 0.8

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
c0ca
Supporting Member

PR have 7 servers in the top 100 now, from all bf2 servers including ranked

Servers playing All Games | Server / Player Search | Game-Monitor.com :: Server Search, Monitoring, Stats and more

no other mod that can show same popularity...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[10th] Community - Mumble

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

c0ca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #13
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Spearhead Send a message via MSN to Spearhead

Yea we are on a steady rise so far from release to release. We do keep a look on the players online and currently there are roughly 7500 different players online on most days since not everyone plays everyday of course you can imagine the amount of regular players ins in fact quite a bit higher.

As for the influx of vBF2 players: I say let them come. If the mod is to their likes they will stay. If they don't fit in I guess the chance of them leaving is much higher than the chance of the DEV team un-modding PR

Spearhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #14
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

Ok seriously, il be surprised if that stupid mod gets first place like it did last year.... The amount of work the devs put in for this mod is ridiculous. If u dont get first place, i will be deeply dissapointed. What other mod managed to make BF2 look like COD4 with animations alone, aside from PR?

ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:07 PM   #15
DesmoLocke

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

Yep. It can get hard to get in some servers most nights! It really is an exciting time in the community. The mod surely has come a long way from the mini-mod days. Shoot it has come along since 0.5 when I first stumbled upon it.

Let's hope we get ni the Top 10 for ModDB !

And I don't think the rise in popularity has been due to this

as much as its been through word of mouth. If you're part of clan, make sure the rest of your crew gets in on the fun!

DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #16
Arnoldio
Banned

A picture is worth of thousand words..it was because of the ad
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:24 AM   #17
Katarn
Retired PR Developer

Our player population has not decreased since release (this saturday's population was about the same as release saturday), really exciting news. Player retention rate of 100%!
Katarn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:30 AM   #18
space
Banned

I hope they put the message up again after the 1.5 patch. Alot of people have left BF2 due to the hacking etc. Hopefully with the patch, alot will come back, so if the PR advert is put up again after the patch, it could really boost the numbers.

Ive spoken to loads of BF2 players the last week, and they all seem to be loving PR ( cos .85 is lovable )
So hopefully quite a few of them will stick around.
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:48 AM   #19
laikiunreal

Send a message via MSN to laikiunreal Send a message via Skype™ to laikiunreal

Teamwork, Factions, new vehicles, new weapons, the sounds of IED in the battlefield, the sensation west fallujah produces on you when a firefight is going on... those are the factors new players see in the first place when playing for the first time PR, a different gaming style from vBF2, that hooked you and you will never go back again....NEV4R!!

"If I were Stallone... I'd make Hugo Chavez the main bad guy rather than picking a fictional character. Just to piss his red ass off."
Panzerfire.
laikiunreal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #20
Staker
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Staker

I have roughly 30 servers on my list. I wonder why that is ...

Ffuu.
Staker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
project, reality, success