project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #11
[R-DEV]Thermis
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Area Attacks, what's the score?

Okay. That is a problem but when I command and this is just one way to do it I use the game timer as a reference as to when things should be ready, and deploy as needed. I've yet to command in the new version so maybe my system is flawed now, but that the way I'd do it.
[R-DEV]Thermis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

theses strikes are game ender's say there 1 cache left its in f7 kp3 there are 32 ins defending it guess what Area Attack cache down game over commander + SL that called it in get the GREAT job at the start of the next round (:

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #13
Pantera

shouldnt this be in the bugs thread since your saying its bugged?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pantera is online now Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #14
Anderson29
Supporting Member

area attack does not work in fallujah. it is a known bug. and mortars take 30min same as artillery and jdam takes an hour. hope this solve the problem for the Original Poster.

in-game name : Anderson29
xfire : Anderson299
steam : Anderson2981

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
Ace42
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson29 View Post
area attack does not work in fallujah. it is a known bug. and mortars take 30min same as artillery and jdam takes an hour. hope this solve the problem for the Original Poster.
Yeppers, that's pretty much what I wanted to know.
Ace42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

instead of "twiddling your thumbs" for an hour, try actually commanding.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #17
Anderson29
Supporting Member

what r u doing bro....don't instigate. maybe sqd ldrs should check in with commander and say something along the lines of "hey commander this is sqd 3, if you need us to do anything let us know but until then our mission is to........" something like that should be done by any good sqd ldr to encourage good commanding. and report intel...that's a big one.....if no one report intel or sends situation reports how is a commander to command?

in-game name : Anderson29
xfire : Anderson299
steam : Anderson2981

Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #18
Ace42
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace42

Indeed, I was going to write a huffy reply, but Anderson already covered it all for me. Well, nearly all of it. Please check my other thread where I went into commander duties in some detail. ATM playing a commander is pretty much like playing a painfully accurate simulator of being the radio-operator in a taxi-cab company. You put pins in the board, you relay voice messages between different people; and you get a load of people generally ignoring you because they want to play a game, not get bossed around like they're back at work. If the players are on mumble / TS, they don't need you at all, as they can see the map exactly as well as you can, and don't need you to tell them the bloody obvious; IE "some defend the active flag, some assault the other active flag." It's not like AAS is brain-surgery at work.
Ace42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #19
Kruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
instead of "twiddling your thumbs" for an hour, try actually commanding.
%95 of the time there is no commander present on any of the servers,because of the simple fact that, PR players dont want to command,its boring and has no effect on a pub game,that is why he used "twiddling your thumbs".
Kruder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:36 AM   #20
General_J0k3r
Send a message via ICQ to General_J0k3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruder View Post
%95 of the time there is no commander present on any of the servers,because of the simple fact that, PR players dont want to command,its boring and has no effect on a pub game,that is why he used "twiddling your thumbs".
it's useless unless you have squads talking to you. then it's GREAT
General_J0k3r is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
area, attacks, score