project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #61
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
Default Re: Helicopters on Forest Maps

I would be very interested to see an attack helicopter on a heavily wooded map (a la Kozelsk) for all the reasons Tirak mentioned. However all I would add to this discussion is that the map must really be 4km, there must be a dense canopy over most of the map, fairly flat terrain and the heli should not carry troops.

Even better would be if the heli could rip up sections of the forest with rocket runs, splintering the trees and collapsing tunnel networks, but you might have to wait a while for that!
Drav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #62
marcoelnk
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Drav View Post
I would be very interested to see an attack helicopter on a heavily wooded map (a la Kozelsk) for all the reasons Tirak mentioned. However all I would add to this discussion is that the map must really be 4km, there must be a dense canopy over most of the map, fairly flat terrain and the heli should not carry troops.

Even better would be if the heli could rip up sections of the forest with rocket runs, splintering the trees and collapsing tunnel networks, but you might have to wait a while for that!
Check my map , drav

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
marcoelnk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #63
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Drav View Post
and the heli should not carry troops.
lolque?

That's the whole point of Hind's uniqueness IMO, attack and transport at the same time.
If you are saying that it will fail, then you can also say that IFVs should get their passengers spots removed as well, at most they hunt down tanks and their own counter-parts instead of doing transport anyway.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #64
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Outlawz View Post
lolque?

That's the whole point of Hind's uniqueness IMO, attack and transport at the same time.
If you are saying that it will fail, then you can also say that IFVs should get their passengers spots removed as well, at most they hunt down tanks and their own counter-parts instead of doing transport anyway.
Hind carry troops very rare, pilots prefer more ammo/more speed, climbing rate and agility than "firing bus" behind their back
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #65
Eddie Baker
Banned

Helicopters in forests? Sure.

YouTube Video
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #66
nick20404

Well qinling already has choppers, hopefully they will make a Russian chopper for fools road, and kol.
nick20404 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:56 AM   #67
SocketMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankE_SPB View Post
Hind carry troops very rare, pilots prefer more ammo/more speed, climbing rate and agility than "firing bus" behind their back
+more vodka and more ladies in the back .
What James and Marco said everyone

The Russians could use a BMP3 on Fools and Kozelsk.
OPK has a Hind as well,but no room for the troops (3 seats only I think)

Maybe try the choppers on a C&C layer? Kind of like what Alex suggested.

Come to think of it PR does not (yet?) have a single map where all types of assets are present:
Quinling is the closest one - just lacks the one seat bomber/CAS jets.Too much fog there imo and the start up music makes me sleepy.That could be a great (popular) map with a few small changes.

And btw the Germans are coming to invade the Mother Russia (again )

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f202...borne-wip.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]marcoelnk View Post
Check the DEV journal for screens and infos about this map ({Faction]Bundeswehr Progress Update

Here I go again with some screens of my 2nd map finally

Ill make it quick :

map concept :

4x4 km; RUS vs GER ; Vehicle based ; Forest/grass fields/large military areas

-ger spawns in cargoplane(spawn will only last for about 3 min) and has to take and repair a destroyed and abandoned airport

- Once reapaired and taken ,planes and choppers (tanks aswell probably) will spawn soon

- Russia spawns on fix and better defended flags (airport,rocketsilo,spacerocket launch platform)

- The main fight will then concentrate on the middle of the map with a small villige there

- the northern and southern parts of the map are mostly covered by deep forests

- the middle of the map is a wide open grassfields so that choppers and planes can be effective against groundtargets

- a small lumbermill camp is still to come
SocketMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #68
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yep check your facts outlawz. Hinds rarely carry troops as they become too heavy to perform as a combat aircraft This was discovered in early afghanistan so you're a little out of date. At the most they have a guy in the back with machineguns on each side\rear.

Saying you might as well take out the seats in IFVs shows you havent really understood this. IFVs can perform perfectly well with or without troops aboard. Mi-24 cannot.

The point of this thread was would attack helicopters be good on heavily forested maps, not, should we have a hind on forested maps? The russians use the ka-52 and the mi-28, so the point really isnt that the hind can carry troops.

Edit: Eddie thats some pretty awesome flying!!
Last edited by Drav; 04-08-2009 at 08:35 AM..

Tags
forest, forrest, helicopters, maps