project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #51
[R-MOD]Cp
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester

Default Re: What will eventually replace the Little Bird?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimushroom View Post
I think a Littlebird or indeed any helicopter with no rotor blades would be thoroughly ineffective. I mean admittedly it would save weight, but it would drastically reduce thrust capacity and stability.
Me thinks hes refering to this one:

Notice that it lacks the tail rotor

Heres some info on NOTAR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-MOD]Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #52
MaxBooZe
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxBooZe

It does not matter if LBs are SOAR only because even if they are It doesn't mean they can't be called in to support a type of assault done by a regular army division. If that's the way it is Artillery should operate alone as should armor but they are all backed up by different forces now are they?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #53
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

we need that tiny brave birdy for urban maps

rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:04 AM   #54
Kabolte

I think it should be used in some special occasions where it could make sense, like the special forces/city scenarios described before, but I think the huey would be better. It can carry more people and can take more damage.
Kabolte is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:26 AM   #55
torenico

Send a message via MSN to torenico

And what about the Attack LB.. everyone is talking about the Transport one.

torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:36 AM   #56
7g23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazz View Post
Here's some more for you:
- It's not used IRL by the forces portrayed in PR, hence unrealistic.
- It carries only 6 including the pilot.
- It's weak compared to other choppers.
True, the littlebird is not used in real life(aside from special forces) and if the devs could find a suitable counterpart to the lb in active duty that could fill that same niche, i would have no problem with that. But IRL soldiers don't do what we use the lb to do. Gameplay vs Reality. If the lb were taken out because it were unrealistic, then realism won that battle simple as that. It only carries 6 because it is a light troop transport, but i do wish it had at least one more seat, but still it is only a couple seats behind the black hawk when only one more seat would be necessary for a full squad. And there are pros and cons to many choppers, so the littlebird is weak, it is also small and agile. Wow, it is as much fun to fly the lb as it is to discuss whether or not it should even be in PR. In the end this discussion will come down to Gameplay vs Reality, either one will work, but which ever one wins out PR players will adapt and keep the game fun. Personally I like the lb but if it were removed there are other choppers,besides I usually fly hueys and the lb is only my third favorite chopper.

This is the line: you cross it = you die
7g23 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bird, eventually, replace