project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
Pure_beef
Lightbulb Becoming The Enemy - Tougher than it looks

I was playing the other day and for some reason I was thinking about how similar either team looks when they pick up the enemy's kit. In this case it was Muttrah City, where the MEC and the US are almost identicle. Pick up the other teams kit and you pretty much become one of them.
Now the idea that came to mind was that if i was somehow able to get one of their kits then get behind their lines of defence i could easily just blend in with the rest of the team. As long as i didn't stand still and kept moving (incase they suddenly realise i dont have a blue name above my head) i should be ok.

Im sure the damage you could do would be great.

I tried this tactic, but came about it from the wrong angle, firstly i didn't bother changing kits, I chose a squad that was setting up a fire base and I ran at them (with my spade drawn, to make them think i was going to help dig...) from the MEC side rather from the US side of fighting. They did hesitate for a few seconds but then realised that i was anything but an american.

Has anyone else tried this approach? I would like to see some screen shots if so. Just for amusement. I will continue trying to perfect this.
Pure_beef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #2
IAJTHOMAS

Default Re: Becoming The Enemy - Tougher than it looks

Done it with the enemy kit a couple of times, just walked up to a FB, quick look to make sure the near by guys aren't looking, knifed it, stabbed/shot the guys near it then on with the grenade to finish the base.

On a round of Ejod I then hid in one of their MG posts with my new M-16 and shot everyone that came to try to rebuild it or take cover at the near by sandbank at Gas Station, as I'd run out of incendiaries to destroy the base.

Asad Kahl had to be on of the funniest for me though, has a brit med kit, heard 'i need a medic' from an upper room, ran up with my first aid bag out, lay down as if to heal the guy then switched to a knife and stabbed him in the face.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IAJTHOMAS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAJTHOMAS View Post
Asad Kahl had to be on of the funniest for me though, has a brit med kit, heard 'i need a medic' from an upper room, ran up with my first aid bag out, lay down as if to heal the guy then switched to a knife and stabbed him in the face.
-"GENTLEMEN"

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
Scandicci
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scandicci

A slight variation of this that I have used many times and have succumbed to many more, is when you approach a player on foot who is intently scanning an area with binocs or a scoped weapon. More often than not you can just waltz up to this player and knife him. I have seen this same thing done when a squad is intently building a firebase: one enemy walks up with a knife and takes them all down. We are so used to responding to weapons fire that when someone sneaks up and whips out the blade and starts taking people down we are so slow to react. Now with the geometry switching thingee, I can see these scenarios happening even more. This is why I always tell the medic(s) to stand off from the firebase and defend the builders.

I still think the shovel should able to be used as a melee weapon, similar to the lobotomizer, or 'lobo' from the book, "World War Z".

__________________________________________________ _________________

If it's worth shooting once, shoot it again.
Scandicci is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Cyrax-Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandicci View Post
I still think the shovel should able to be used as a melee weapon, similar to the lobotomizer, or 'lobo' from the book, "World War Z".
It'd be neat and probably ingame if it was possible in the Refractor 2 engine which BF2 runs on, but sadly giving an item support and offensive properties can't happen.

A little Off-Topic: In FrostBite however, a sequel of sorts to Refractor 2, the drill in Bad Company could repair and harm. In the upcoming 1943, using FrostBite, the wrench can repair and attack. There's a video demonstrating 1943 gameplay, with a little part on the wrench in this video at 3:25: Gametrailers.com - Battlefield: 1943 - NYC Comic-Con 09: Developer Walkthrough (Cam)

If PR finds the FB engine to be suitable, and they've reached their goal of a full 1.0 PR release and are pleased with the outcome, they may find the FB engine to be a suitable home for PR 2. That's all speculation however. We'd have killer shovels if so!

===

Now getting a shovel and pretending to be a helping hand is pretty sneaky! I never thought of that one. Some clever tricks here.

At best, I've stolen an enemy officer kit, popped a few of the faction-specific smoke on our position, giving our squad the element of surprise and a safe smoke screen. Then I'd be first to emerge from the smoke, an M16 carrying soldier.

Slowly, the rest of the squad would crawl forward, G3s ready to fire. Madness ensued, and the US team thought they were hit by a mad squad of teamkillers.

|

Yay PR!
Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor; 02-10-2009 at 01:52 PM..
Old 02-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Not really becoming the enemy, but you can do some pretty crazy stuff on Fallujah West as an ambusher (I find that the kit really helps me become sneaky, as I know that I do not stand a chance unless the odds are very much stacked my way). Highlights include seeing two apcs roll right past me, seeing two entire squads move out of their main base, walking right past me as I was hiding behind a concrete barrier (until one of them turned around...I still got him, and a grenade trap got some more). And there was the sniper I bajonetted like 5' away from the exit. Ownage.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
ShiningBuddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax-Sektor View Post
It'd be neat and probably ingame if it was possible in the Refractor 2 engine which BF2 runs on, but sadly giving an item support and offensive properties can't happen.
Shockpaddles can kill and heal though.

Disguise tactics can work quite well if you use cover as well - I've even seen taliban with US helmets use high cover( to hide the majority of their body) and get the drop on US squads. There are ways of telling between different uniforms but the chance of you noticing when they are hiding their body is drastically reduced.

ShiningBuddha is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
sittingduck911

i had this happen to me the other day. it was so bloody funny. the map was ASAD KAHL and a squad leader had gone down about 1 minute before. my entire squad moved over a crest and ive turned to my left and spotted a brit SL laying prone next to me. ive then looked away then looked back just in time to see him sight me up and shoot. the bugga took down 2 others before he was killed.

I didnt even realise he was an enemay as he was wearing the red hat. hehehehehe
sittingduck911 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
ReadMenace

I had a 'disguise' experience on Bi Ming. On PLA side, a squadie and I had snagged an M249 (Me) and an L85, and were trying to flush out enemy troops that were in the area north of communications. I was reloading the 249 when three guys ran past me, so close that one of them RAN INTO ME. I stared for a couple seconds then realized it was a British officer and two riflemen, who must have assumed we were teammates based off of our headgear. Though they were dispatched quickly, I still failed in regards to situational awareness though.

-REad
ReadMenace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
HughJass

I did this on ramiel.

At the docs in the east, I noticed there was some heavy fire going on from the western side. I went around the mountain edge and killed an officer, grabbed his kit and noticed 2 strikers sitting near a firebase along with a squad. I went in to get the firebase first, knifed it 3 times as people spawned in. Those guys took a quick peek at me and didnt know I was actually an insurgent. I then snuck around 4 guys, knifed/shot them and finally on the end grabbed the sniper kit. Those strikers seemed to be too busy shooting and quickly fleed the scene after noticing what happened to the firebase.

I love this new feature.

HughJass is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
enemy, tougher