project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #11
Hresvelgr

Default Re: Becoming The Enemy - Tougher than it looks

Nice to see a thread about the usefulness of this rather than complaining. Once, on Archer, my squad happened upon a US humvee convoy that we massacred. After picking up the medic kits to heal our injured brethren, the whole squad ended up picking US kits and we always got pretty close to American forces before being attacked. That was also my very 1st experience with the new equipment feature.

"I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!"
Hresvelgr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #12
Cassius

Thats for sure. I was playing as Ami on archer. North on the bunkers I saw a guy fiering burst. I thought it was one of us gunnin down an insurgent. Turned out he WAS the insurgent XD.

On Ramiel in the southeast village I couldnt stick my head out without taking friendly fire after taking the american medikit. Not they were actually hitting me

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cassius is online now Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #13
steve_06-07

I did try to blend in with the enemy before, but not in .85, back in .8 I managed to blend in with a group of British soldiers and blew up their base. In .75 a Chinese soldier came up to our firebase with an ammo bag in hand, thinking that we were his fellow teammates, how wrong he was.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
steve_06-07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:57 AM   #14
kf_reaper
Banned

last week we had a guy get one of our SAW kits and my squad + an other squad were standing next to him shooting at his team. "he was even shooting too so we all thought cool some gun from any other squad out hear. after about 2 to 3 min he just mode us all down. lolz
kf_reaper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #15
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I find the risks of being engaged by friendlies outweigh the usefulness of this tactic, but its quite good for observing the enemy from behind a wall or other obstacle.

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #16
M4sherman

My best was on ...that mountain Taliban map. and my squad was on one mountain defending the ammo cache while I was playing scout on the mountain parallel to my team and we ambushed a squad of Americans (My squad played fire support with .50's and RPG's) and I found a medic kit and to make a long story short I got 5 kills and they lost there rally before I was a victim of a friendly RPG..
M4sherman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #17
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking

i did it on baracuda, they were on one side of airfeald, i was on the other... for some reason thow, i was usmc, they were china, and they sill missed me, they saw some shooting where i came from, so they probley thought i had stolen an american kit=P
as it turnes out, the second guy who was there got killed and they thought i was him, so it works both ways=P

but after destrying the binker they killed me

bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:15 PM   #18
JKRMAUI

Every damn time I get a chance I grab the enemy teams weapon. This game is so based on sound, in the confusion of a fire fight it really mucks things up for em. Especially since I'm more or less a scout for my squad. I'm always ahead or on the far flank of the fight.
JKRMAUI is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
enemy, tougher