project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 01:30 AM   #1
jac494
Default A little help from PROs needed...

Hey guys Im new to the mod, Ive noticed that my shooting seems to be off. I was a USMC with ACOG and I had a dude across the street in my cross hairs I shot him and it had no effect on him whatsoever. I mean none. This has happened to me several times, I know its no my latency and I know its not my graphics, my pcs twice over the required specs. I have never played a shooter including Battlefield 2 where I havent been a crack shot. I know it wasnt distance he was across the street. Please trust me I DID NOT MISS HIM! Not even close he was standing still. So what gives......
jac494 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:38 AM   #2
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
Default Re: A little help from PROs needed...

Were you moving at all when you shot or just after moving?

PR, if you didnt know, includes a deviation model which means if you shoot while moving or just after, your rounds will deviate and not go towards right where you aim.

Also, crouching is better for accuracy than standing, and prone is best of all...

So tips:
Crouch before firing
Go prone if possible[but dont dolphin dive please ]
Wait a second after moving - You'll find the correct times somewhere on the forums... or in the Manual Im sure, sorry I dont know them to tell you, but all handheld weapons have a settle time after moving to achieve maximum accuracy/smallest deviation
Use the sights - You're already doing this

Have you read the PR Manual by any chance?
http://realitymodfiles.com/rhino/PR_Manual.pdf

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f138...tml#post920763
Jaymz says:
Quote:
If you have a normal rifle and you have...

1. Sighted in
2. Not moved for 5 seconds*
3. Are pacing your shots with two second intervals

...then your will round will impact within this distance from where you've aimed the rifle at a target 200m way....

Standing: 74cm
Crouch: 51cm
Prone: 46cm

*Waiting five seconds would only be necessary when aiming at long range targets. Up to 200m, waiting this long is not necessary. Definitely not necessary if you're only trying to suppress your target.

That is only skimming the surface of what the full guide will cover....
The asterisk is an important point. 5 seconds is only needed when you are firing at long ranges. But up to 200M you only need to wait a few seconds, you'll get the hang of it

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto; 02-10-2009 at 01:47 AM..
Old 02-10-2009, 01:42 AM   #3
Truism

Welcome to the land of PR. While you may be a well trained and equipped professional soldier, you can't aim without sitting dead still for a very long time, and changing your point of aim makes you less accurate. Your weapon's sights also don't point where your weapon is pointing.

It's realistic we're told.
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:49 AM   #4
Doom721

Yeah in real life I just put up the sights, boom headshot after I see a moving target all the time >.>

The biggest thing people don't notice is firing off single shots too fast and it increases your deviation.

Stand still, take your time, and remember a scope is just that, a scope, not a freaking lazer cannon that shoots exactly where the scope looks.

"FAIL" - Right after you drive on the grass in Gran Turismo 4
Playing PR since Halo dropping spec ops and SL spawn
( .3
)
Proud Member of the ~6 player PR clan StrkTm
Doom721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:50 AM   #5
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
Welcome to the land of PR. While you may be a well trained and equipped professional soldier, you can't aim without sitting dead still for a very long time, and changing your point of aim makes you less accurate. Your weapon's sights also don't point where your weapon is pointing.

Truism... you are so wrong its terribly funny.

Sights point where they are pointing in game except for the SAW on the boat I believe, maybe another, but even that is minimal. And NOT added by us as "realistic"

The only time moving your sight effects you aim is if you spin yourself in a 180/360 really fast. Tracking a target or shifting fire does not.

A few seconds is hardly "very long"...

Be constructive or don't post.

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:01 AM   #6
Hresvelgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post

Umm... isn't taking time to aim and putting deviation into consideration what makes you into a professional soldier?

"I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!"
Hresvelgr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:07 AM   #7
Axel

Wow, I can't understand why some people are still whining about the deviation..
Switch to a great point and click shooter perhaps?
Axel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:19 AM   #8
Hresvelgr

Come on now, he's admitted he's new. Though I don't know why he didn't read the manual. Doesn't it go into great length about deviation? Then again I did skip over boring technical bits while I waited for .85 to download.

"I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!"
Hresvelgr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:21 AM   #9
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
Supporting Member

He didnt say he didnt read the manual I just asked him

I actually do think the one I gave him has anything on deviation. At least when I searched for "deviation" in it it found nothing....

And I dont think he was complaining, more confused and bewildered and curious as to why

Lets not whip out our pitchforks and stakes just yet

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:16 AM   #10
wookimonsta
Supporting Member

this may be totally wrong, but i always have the feeling, that if you wait a few seconds and pop off a three round burst, those three rounds will be more accurate than if you fire three individual shots (meaning that maybe the first individual shot would hit, but the two others would be less accurate whereas in the three round burst, the three bullets would be a lot closer together forming a plane of damage rather than just one point).

of course this only works on short to medium range, but i find that i get a lot of kills like this.
wookimonsta is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
needed, pros