project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 05:24 AM   #31
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer
Default Re: The history of Project Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakoporeeno View Post
Are you documenting your work with Project Reality 2?
They've just started working on it... When it's released there'll be a changelog, and from that changelog a summary can be bourne, which can then be immortalized [until the web server goes down] in this thread.
[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:57 AM   #32
FlamingSoul

Arrow Re: The history of Project Reality

btw, last topic update is
Quote:
Project Reality v0.95 released 10-15-2010

FlamingSoul is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #33
Blackburn92xBHD

Send a message via ICQ to Blackburn92xBHD

i started with 0.4 two times a week... now im addicted... 0.9 at least once a day
Blackburn92xBHD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:14 AM   #34
Cossack
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack

*bump* this thread needs update

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #35
bukakaz1

I swear I remember during the first release of the Israeli Defense Forces, I played Gaza Beach (I think with bots or on my own) and there was an MDT David vehicle. This is the light armoured vehicle commonly used by the IDF and israeli police forces. I remember it being immediately taken out and I was upset that it happened.
bukakaz1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:50 AM   #36
SevenEleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC scout sniper View Post
WOW! Project Reality has come a REALLY long way. From an obvious looking BF2 mod, to " This is a BF2 mod? Damn!" Hats off to the DEVs who made PR what it is. =)
I see it as a game as it's alot bigger, and better than BF2. (And alot of games today, imo)

But i still call it a mod since it still needs BF2, and not released as an actual standalone game (yet) Besides, it's common to find bugs, etc. But really, what game doesn't have bugs?

SevenEleven is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:51 PM   #37
Ghost1800

I joined back in V 0.25

Been a wild ride since then, every change pushing the boundries further then was ever thought possible (eat that every person who stated a feature was hardcoded!)

Remember having awesome times with [DM], DB and Fuzzy's mumble squads (thanks for mentioning you were recording, DB ), and way too many others to put down here.

Whether I was unraveling the eternal bandages of medic-dom, dropping off troops and supplies from my helicopter (that I didn't go all little bird carrier flipping like in muttrah v1), lazing the ever living #@$! out of every structure or vehicle, or hopping around as a human body shield as a civilian (collaborator is a bit of an assumption), this game has made it damn near impossible to play any other online shooter because it just does so much so well.

Every time I hear someone talking about how awesome a game of CoD or halo they had the night before I can't help but grin at some of the messed up, insane, hilarious situations I've found myself in in PR. To the devs, all I can say is thanks for working so hard making a game that threw common conceptions of what works in a game out the window, and blazing your own path (even if it didn't always work out... I'm sorry I ever suggested flashbangs). To the community, I wish I could find players like I have commonly found among you in every game I play. To those that have some weird sense of deja'vu seeing my screentag, you lot were amazing individuals that used your diversity, critical thinking, and genre savviness to come together to form some of the most cohesive and effective teams I've seen in an online setting, gaming or otherwise.

I hope to have the time to get back into PR in the near future (where I will have to relearn everything and probably have to RTFM), I hope most of you will hold your guts in until I unpack yet another surgical dressing after I told you to keep the hell down.
Last edited by Ghost1800; 10-28-2014 at 01:57 AM..
Old 03-07-2015, 01:44 AM   #38
Fractal
Supporting Member

I found my hard racing while reading the first post about the evolution. I have spent so much time and emotion in this game that I have no words to express.
I wonder what will I feel after 20 or 30 years ..
Fractal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:20 AM   #39
Anthony Cole

Great history..Fully explain from the top to bottom well done..
I want to work with PR.Tell me how i can work with PR.
Anthony Cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:44 PM   #40
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

It would be nice if we could get the first post updated to the present release.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
history, project, reality