project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #11
Surround

Send a message via Skype™ to Surround
Default Re: Lack of BMP-3's.

But you need 3 times bigger force when attacking. So mec has usually a bigger chance to win

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Surround is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #12
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Outlawz View Post
Yes, but which BTR? 60 or 90?
And the award for the question with most obvious answer goes too.....

Yes, it is the BTR-60, and like Crazy said, it is waayy overkill against the LAVs, not to mention the BMP-3 takes like 3 tank rounds to kill on some occasions!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
Last edited by ReaperMAC; 01-30-2009 at 08:45 PM..
Old 01-31-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
Jonny
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Way I see it:

BMP 3 = Bradley

BTR ~ LAV

BDRM ~ Stryker

It seems fair enough IMO.

(~ stands for approximately equal to)
Nope,
BTR-60 ~ Stryker

BTR-90 ~ LAV-25

BRDM has no counterpart. Its an armoured car, not an APC/IFV. You use it to find the enemy and relay the location to other vehicles. Dont use the scout vehicle to engage armour.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #14
StuTika

Noooo...surely not? In my experience the BTR-90 beats the **** out of the LAV-25. Cannon fires much faster and I think the BTR-90 is tougher too. The BTR-60 is more like equal, and would pwn a Stryker.

And a question...is the Stryker bullet-proof against .50 rounds? I thought the BDRM-2 was - I quickly discovered otherwise!

Stu.
StuTika is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:00 AM   #15
STORM-Mama

Yes, the Stryker is bulletproof. After all, it's an APC (the 'A' standing for 'armoured') and comparable to the BTR-60. The BRDM-2 has the same kind of protection as the Humvee and should not be used for transporting infantry.

As Johnny said, it's a scout vehicle and has no NATO/US equivalent in PR.

And I agree that the USMC should use less LAVs. Give them that ugly amphibious thingy you often see in combat videos from Iraq (AAV - something) on maps like Muttrah and Jabal, with a very limited amout of LAVs as IFV-support.
Last edited by STORM-Mama; 01-31-2009 at 11:31 AM..
Old 01-31-2009, 11:27 AM   #16
Jonny
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuTika View Post
Noooo...surely not? In my experience the BTR-90 beats the **** out of the LAV-25. Cannon fires much faster and I think the BTR-90 is tougher too. The BTR-60 is more like equal, and would pwn a Stryker.

And a question...is the Stryker bullet-proof against .50 rounds? I thought the BDRM-2 was - I quickly discovered otherwise!

Stu.
Both feature a large troop capacity, similar cannons, similar coaxial weapon, same role, both amphibious. And they look very similar too.

Now if thats not enough to make it the counterpart to the LAV 25 then no vehicle can be described as a counterpart to anything opposing it.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:19 PM   #17
ghostt888

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuTika View Post

Stu.
Yes it should have 100% protection up to 12.7x50mm rounds, but the BRDM-2 has a KPV that fire 14.5x115mm rounds so that has the potential to pierce a Strykers armor.
ghostt888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #18
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Personally, I think we should get something other than the AP rounds for the KPV users. Other rounds DO exist...

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bmp3, lack