project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #41
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Lesson: Why you shouldn't pick up enemy kits.

lol Thats a GOOD tip!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #42
Hresvelgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
No, the law deals with Insignia i.e. the USA Flag. If there was a flag or other nationally identifying mark on the helmet or patches, then that would be improper use of signs, but since there isn't, no violation.
Also a lot of the combatants don't give a rat's arse about the Geneva Convention. Also I don't see why Americans pick up INS kits so often considering they're easier to mistake for enemies than insurgents with helmets. And insurgent weapons are inferior to American ones anyways. The only reason I can imagine for taking an insurgent kit is if your squads been in a huge firefight and you got hardly any ammo left including reserves, and/or you see a PKM lying around.

"I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!"
Hresvelgr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:58 AM   #43
Harrod200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
No, the law deals with Insignia i.e. the USA Flag. If there was a flag or other nationally identifying mark on the helmet or patches, then that would be improper use of signs, but since there isn't, no violation.
Rehilighted

Quote:
To make improper use of a flag of truce, the national flag, or military ensigns and the enemy's uniform, as well as the distinctive badges of the Geneva Convention.
It's a technicality, and I'm sure a defendant's lawyer would have great fun running your argument past a judge for at least a decade though.

The original gun freak gaymer geek

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Harrod200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:42 AM   #44
Solid Knight

I wonder how that applies to faction without a uniform.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:53 AM   #45
PFunk

I'm fairly certain that throughout the history of warfare picking up a fallen enemy's weapon is about as common as spitting on a fallen enemy's corpse. WW1 Canadians would ditch their crappy Ross rifle for a working Lee Enfield, plenty of people had to have picked up an MP-40 or M1 Garand out of necessity at one time or another in WW2.

Having a beef with getting killed by an enemy rifle is stupid. Ask yourself why you're dead in the first place. Don't go running across the street unsupported then blame your death on an INS using an ACOG.

And yes FF due to incorrect ID is dumb. Unless you're really in the thick of it you should be able to wait for coloured tags or do as I do and constantly check your map to see where friendly squads are.

I almost never FF unless its a grenade trap or someone runs in front of me while I'm firing. Its very possible to not FF just by maintaining Situational Awareness. But most people are too impressed with the new animations to give a bother.

[PR]NATO|P*Funk

PFunk is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
enemy, kits, lesson, pick