project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #31
spartan117gw

Send a message via AIM to spartan117gw Send a message via MSN to spartan117gw Send a message via Skype™ to spartan117gw
Default Re: Lesson: Why you shouldn't pick up enemy kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratrooper[BG] View Post
those mothers. if icatch somne stealing my stuf. they are eating 556 right up the, lol oh yeha i noticed u got my cadpat skin as ur avatar. nice.

hey ithappens. if u gotta blend in with the enemy. it helps

havng enemy weapons means its harder for them to tell whos shooting, let ur buddies know. let other squads know. that u guys are "sneaking round" lookin like haji so they don light u up. so when haji shows up. u ran run right on em while good ole classic lookin us troops shoot and take distraction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BF2 ASSAULT. BETTER TOYS, BADDER GUNS, THE ASSAULT IS COMING... intel x6800 core 2 duo 2.93ghz 4gigs ddr2 ram nvidia 7950 gx2 1gig audigy 2 zs soundcard. aka . the coop king.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

spartan117gw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #32
CanuckCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratrooper[BG] View Post
Did you NOT read my post? Generation kill is based completely off a real story. A book that was written by a embeded reporter during the Iraq Invasion. But you're saying your video if of real life then fine. I'm just saying the story is true even though it is a TV series made for entertainment.
CanuckCommander is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #33
Harrod200

Wearing an enemy uniform in combat is considered a war crime under article 23 of the 1899 Hague convention;

Quote:
Besides the prohibitions provided by special Conventions, it is especially prohibited:--
To employ poison or poisoned arms;

To kill or wound treacherously individuals belonging to the hostile nation or army;

To kill or wound an enemy who, having laid down arms, or having no longer means of defence, has surrendered at discretion;

To declare that no quarter will be given;

To employ arms, projectiles, or material of a nature to cause superfluous injury;

To make improper use of a flag of truce, the national flag, or military ensigns and the enemy's uniform, as well as the distinctive badges of the Geneva Convention;

To destroy or seize the enemy's property, unless such destruction or seizure be imperatively demanded by the necessities of war.
SRC: The Avalon Project - Laws of War : Laws and Customs of War on Land (Hague II); July 29, 1899

I imagine that includes helmets

The original gun freak gaymer geek

Harrod200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #34
Cobhris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrod200 View Post
Wearing an enemy uniform in combat is considered a war crime under article 23 of the 1899 Hague convention;

SRC: The Avalon Project - Laws of War : Laws and Customs of War on Land (Hague II); July 29, 1899

War laws are for wimps. Real men kill everything!

j/k.

The Soviets may have only gotten as far as East Germany, but they took the rest of the continent without firing a single shot.

NObama 2012!
Cobhris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #35
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Hey when I first learned about it I voiced up as well. but after being told why (which you all have been told the same) I just dealt with it.

So Get use to it people, its not going anywhere for a while. No fixes, no patches. If and when it get resolved you will all know about it.

But for the time allot of us like the idea. But that's besides to point as it would take allot of work to get it working right.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #36
[R-CON]Tomato-Rifle
PR:BF2 Contributor

Send a message via MSN to [R-CON]Tomato-Rifle Send a message via Skype™ to [R-CON]Tomato-Rifle

I pick up enemy kits when i am alone, or my squad got wiped out. Because it will confuse them with the sound of the rifle and the look of the helmet i would be wearing

[R-CON]Tomato-Rifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #37
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrod200 View Post

No, the law deals with Insignia i.e. the USA Flag. If there was a flag or other nationally identifying mark on the helmet or patches, then that would be improper use of signs, but since there isn't, no violation.

Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #38
spartan117gw

Send a message via AIM to spartan117gw Send a message via MSN to spartan117gw Send a message via Skype™ to spartan117gw

how bout this

everyone watch ur lanes
know what your shooting at
id the enemy as friend or foe.
and uwont have problems. if some uk marine is wearing haji gear in the game lol no biggy its only to ur advantage. just watch ur trigger fingers. and ul not have a problem .lol. we got mini maps. AND IWISH WE HAD THOSE IN REAL LIFElol. so yeha its too easy. if it aint u. check it out. if it realy aint u. light it up

BF2 ASSAULT. BETTER TOYS, BADDER GUNS, THE ASSAULT IS COMING... intel x6800 core 2 duo 2.93ghz 4gigs ddr2 ram nvidia 7950 gx2 1gig audigy 2 zs soundcard. aka . the coop king.

spartan117gw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #39
SocketMan

I came close to shooting a friendly a few times but stopped at the last moment.For all we know this will teach us all to be more patient
and less trigger happy.Even if it is an enemy no need to rush things
if he does not see you.Love the new "observe" marker btw
SocketMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #40
Solid Knight

Pro-tip: Don't take the enemy's RPG kit then run towards a friendly APC with it pointing at them.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
enemy, kits, lesson, pick