project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
DannyIMK
Default why everyone hates commander?

i was commanding first an insurgent team on al basrah, they didn't really liked me, maybe its because i didn't accepted mortars (they wanted to use mortars on infantry etc..) and also problem with logistics (they want to build hideouts and i can't accept much build orders at once, logistic bar take time to reload)
and then i was commanding US team on insurgency, squads didn't have problem except one squad

and then i got kicked by admin the reason say that i make people mad but i don't think that i made people made except one squad leader

but what so bad with commander? atleast i was commanding and in most servers
there is no commander.

maybe its because i don't have a mic, but i don't really need a mic, i don't need to give info so fast like reporting infantry units etc(thats job for squads and not the whole team gotta know about it)
and if they want to report about an cache its better to be on chat cause i don't always understand on the voip or hear
DannyIMK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: why everyone hates commander?

Mic is not necessary for commanding really as you say.

Some people get very annoyed over the build order thing, but that is their problem, and if I was kicked from that server fr that, I would never return.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
DannyIMK

well im not sure i heard also that there is !vk that with 10 votes will kick but there was reason(something that !vk don't have i think)

anyway i still play but maybe not as commander. i guess that there are better commanders then me
DannyIMK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
D-JHappyMeal
Banned

could there be a sollution for the problem of a commander being missing?
D-JHappyMeal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
Levesly

You dont actually need a CO any more. Only for area attacks like Mortars or JDAM, everything else can be built without one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Levesly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Might as well go the whole hog and make it so you don't need a commander for area attacks

[R-DEV]Rudd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:52 PM   #7
nathanator8811

Since the commander was essentially killed off in 0.8, people have gotten used to not have to request a build order to place a firebase, or have someone tell them things at times they really dont want to hear.

For the new version, a new kind of tyrannical and belligerent commander is required to crush these rebellious tendencies under a fist of steel before the new version gets too settled. And it must be often too, or people will, in general, become used to playing without one yet again. Which makes them dislike having one, as not many people truly like being bossed around, once they taste freedom that is. CRUSH THEM!

Note: this tactic will only work if the commander is at least halfway competent, and communicative. If he doesn't know what he's doing it will only make the problem worse.

note 2: I am not responsible for any consequences which may or may not befall anyone who may or may not choose to pursue the above strategy. Tax, tag, and license may apply, see store for details.
nathanator8811 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
Gaven
Send a message via AIM to Gaven Send a message via MSN to Gaven Send a message via Skype™ to Gaven

Is the commander still in jail?
Gaven is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
Jonny
PR Server License Moderator

Why not just limit the ammount of assets that can be placed without a CO?

Something like 2 FOs instead of 4.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
CanuckCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyIMK View Post
i was commanding first an insurgent team on al basrah, they didn't really liked me, maybe its because i didn't accepted mortars (they wanted to use mortars on infantry etc..) and also problem with logistics (they want to build hideouts and i can't accept much build orders at once, logistic bar take time to reload)
and then i was commanding US team on insurgency, squads didn't have problem except one squad

and then i got kicked by admin the reason say that i make people mad but i don't think that i made people made except one squad leader

but what so bad with commander? atleast i was commanding and in most servers
there is no commander.

maybe its because i don't have a mic, but i don't really need a mic, i don't need to give info so fast like reporting infantry units etc(thats job for squads and not the whole team gotta know about it)
and if they want to report about an cache its better to be on chat cause i don't always understand on the voip or hear

The COMMANDER should be renamed to something like Coordinator. People keep getting confused. You are NOT supposed to MICRO Command. YES!! It pisses the F*ck out of all Squad Leaders, so DON"T DO IT.

Instead, your role is to COORDINATE all squads. Communicate the missing link between SL to SL. For example, if squad 2 needs ammo, tell the logistic squad to bring them ammo. One thing that Squad Leaders hate the most, I know this because I squad lead a lot, is those over controlling commanders that send you Att and Move commands every 2 seconds.

If you're not marking INF or movement on the map, why are you even commander? If your logistics aren't up or you don't want to use mortars on INF, why don't you just tell the squads? Explain your situation and plan. As commander, you NEED TO COMMUNICATE. Failing to do so, will only make people angry.

Sometimes its better to NOT have a commander than having one, because there is a logistics bar to load up.

Now that you know, go be a better commander.

P.S. Invest in a mic, its not that much. Less than 20 dollars.
CanuckCommander is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
boring, command, commander, commanding, hates, uninformed