project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #81
bunny

Default Re: 0.85 demands higher performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]CodeRedFox View Post
Yes every version will get more and more lag from the same video card.
lolz...could you make that statement a bit more depressing? I'm not sure I got the point.
bunny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #82
ghostt888

I'm running 3.0Ghz Intel 8400 Duo, two 8800GT 512mb each SLI, P-5N Motherboard and 3 GB of high performance Reaper RAM (stupid XP only allowing one to run 4 GB of DDR overall) and everything runs fine but the occasional freeze crah issue I have been having.
ghostt888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:35 PM   #83
GreenLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]CodeRedFox View Post
I know its hard to upgrade sometimes. But with out a paid debugging team we can only optimize so much to a point.
This is a VERY interesting point. You see at one point or another as I've noted before -- SOMEONE pays. Since, we are all not paying for the team, we end up paying for new computers. I rest my case .

» Respectfully, GreenLED
»
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

»
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

»
GreenLED is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #84
Somedude88

I'm running Vista Ultimate x64, 6000+ AMD x2, 4GB of dual channel ddr800 corsair ram, with 2 dinky sata150 drives running raid 0, Nvidia 512mb 9800gt, with a gigabyte ma78gm-s2h board that has been very good to me

I couldn't run the older version smoothly on a all high textures cause I didn't have enough ram with 2gb, had to upgrade. Probably because of vista. Haven't tried the new version but I'm looking forward to it and I'm not too worried about the requirements

Also is it somehow possible to make the game dual core compatible or offloading a bit of the processing to a second core to improve some performance or would that require drastic amounts of code?
Somedude88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:22 AM   #85
Skodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somedude88 View Post
I'm running Vista Ultimate x64, 6000+ AMD x2, 4GB of dual channel ddr800 corsair ram, with 2 dinky sata150 drives running raid 0, Nvidia 512mb 9800gt, with a gigabyte ma78gm-s2h board that has been very good to me

I couldn't run the older version smoothly on a all high textures cause I didn't have enough ram with 2gb, had to upgrade. Probably because of vista. Haven't tried the new version but I'm looking forward to it and I'm not too worried about the requirements

Also is it somehow possible to make the game dual core compatible or offloading a bit of the processing to a second core to improve some performance or would that require drastic amounts of code?
I guess we gotta hope for EA to be smart enough to make bf2 compatible with new hardware and software with the patch 1.5 such as vista 64, multiple core processor and 4 go ram.
Skodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:01 AM   #86
DenniZ-NL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skodz View Post
I guess we gotta hope for EA to be smart enough to make bf2 compatible with new hardware and software with the patch 1.5 such as vista 64, multiple core processor and 4 go ram.
lol

dont count on it.

DenniZ-NL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:04 AM   #87
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Go and buy a 4870 x2 that card simply laughs at the bf2: pr gfx

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:10 AM   #88
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Actually, you can make BF2 work with 4gb of ram go to the Help&Hardware forum and check AncientMan's sticky, then try the last tip. It has worked wonders for me.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:22 AM   #89
NyteMyre

hehheh...i cleaned my case yesterday and removed one of my RAM sticks to check which brand they were.
After I put it back in, I went to work and when I came back I wanted to play a nice game of PR. But when I was loading Operation Archer I heard the loading music start about 6 times before it got to 100% (a full 25 minutes I think). And when I finally loaded, an instant CTD.

Turned out that I misplaced my 2nd 512MB stick. So I put it in correctly, and all of a sudden...i smelled something burning.

DUST in the between the connectors >_<. Anyway, it's fixed now..

---

On a sidenote, I've put my effects on LOW and seemed to help alot with the "supression lag" i got.

NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #90
Somedude88

There is a problem running bf2 with 4gb of ram?
Somedude88 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
085, demands, higher, performance