project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #31
Dondero
Default Re: 0.85 demands higher performance?

Deal with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dondero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:01 PM   #32
Garack

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]CodeRedFox View Post
Speak for yourself, Is this week over yet! draggggggin

Gonna need allot more info then that The FPS post in the forums will be open next week and we can work through it but your the first person to say the FPS is still bad.

Yes nothing has changed from 0.8 for me, its even when i look in some directions. No matter if only a wall is there or some wide and open textures or players...

i can go into it with screens next week..but remember Vsync is on and frames ONLY drop to 40-
Garack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #33
V4.SKUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofurkeymeister View Post
I have a 8800GT... but my Pentium D limits me to medium at 1080 X 1024 at 30-ish FPS :P. Make sure you have a good processor as well...
My mates got a Pentium D @2.8ghz, 4gig RAM, and a 8800GTS 640. He averages 40fps @ 1280x1024 on any map.
Some thing must be wrong with your set-up.
V4.SKUNK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #34
h0mie

The Point is im already Running an EVGa GTX 280 FTW, WTF shall i Upgrade?! I mean its like 24fps in some fallujah places for me, cou cant tell me that. PR maybe closer to "reality" but your not saying a "Fit for Crysis Ultra High" Machine cant run PR on constant 40fps?
h0mie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #35
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0mie View Post
The Point is im already Running an EVGa GTX 280 FTW, WTF shall i Upgrade?! I mean its like 24fps in some fallujah places for me, cou cant tell me that. PR maybe closer to "reality" but your not saying a "Fit for Crysis Ultra High" Machine cant run PR on constant 40fps?
h0mie, if you're running a 280 and getting 24fps, you'd better look at a few other things, other than your video card. You either dont have enough RAM or your CPU is too shit for your card (the bus is throttling your card)

*CURRENTLY AFK - MIL STUFF*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"By profession I am a
, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Gaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:25 PM   #36
h0mie

Well ill give it a shot in aprox., march then well talk again ^^
h0mie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #37
Skodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaynCool View Post
I think we should stop rasining the requrements, not all of us can handle that, and i dont have the time the spare money and the will to upgrade.
I do not have problems with performance but I agree dev answer was kinda rude to people that cannot upgrade their computer and its kinda odd to have a bf2 mod getting almost as heavy to run as crysis.

I love PR and since I can run high performance game I would like maps and assets to always get better at each release as well but I understand people with low performance computers complaining about it. I know pr players that already must play on low, if requirements keep getting higher, they'll just stop playing it.
Skodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #38
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Ok then. If you can't run 0.85, I highly doubt you'd be getting ultra high on Crysis.

Fellas, it's 2009. Improving on the engine PR is built upon = higher specs required. We aren't going to limit it, that's just the way it is. There's nothing rude about that. We aren't standing still, and we're certainly not going backwards. Catch up, or you may start playing multiplayer solitaire soon

*CURRENTLY AFK - MIL STUFF*

"By profession I am a
, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Last edited by Gaz; 01-23-2009 at 10:38 PM..
Old 01-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #39
Spaz
Supporting Member

Games get bigger and more good looking and with that you will get higher requirements. Thats just how its works and there is no reason for PR to hold back when they could be pushing the engine even more. + Most people can play the mod without any big problems with the FPS.

Spaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:47 PM   #40
UK_Force
Retired Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gaz View Post
Ok then. If you can't run 0.85, I highly doubt you'd be getting ultra high on Crysis.

Fellas, it's 2009. Improving on the engine PR is built upon = higher specs required. We aren't going to limit it, that's just the way it is. There's nothing rude about that. We aren't standing still, and we're certainly not going backwards. Catch up, or you may start playing multiplayer solitaire soon

I fully back Gaz's comments.

We are stretching the limits of this BF2 Engine to its extreme, you can not say "PR is just another BF2 Mod"

Like has already been said - its 2009, you can not expect us to hold back on our development because some guys are running low end PC's (which are becoming a small number of people now) .... we need to continue to develop this, and yes of course PC's will need to be of a higher standard, but no more than a new game on the market right now .. really.

If you have a decent PC, and you are still having issues ..... then its not PR, its something else on your PC set up.

I have as a spare computer - built from old free bits - an old P4, 1Gb 3200 RAM, on a 5700 geforce card for my daughter to use now and again, and I know that runs PR fine on Med/Low settings - and that is a low end PC for today !!!

Nothing is rude about that ..... its just the facts?

UK_Force is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
085, demands, higher, performance