project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #21
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Plea to devs and stuff

A question of if we would make you all pay is so way out there. It depends on allot of thing. If you take a look at things like garrys mod or other games. Even at $19.95 (or what ever) would that be such a bad thing? specially if we can get in all the cool ideas we all have. Point being is if we do move to a new engine and it needs a larger team money might be required.

But I wouldn't even worry about these things. As its all hypothetical.

You know you would throw down at least 9.95 for fastropes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #22
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

What is this obsession with fast ropes? Exactly how many times dyu think it would be used?

And this is just thinking waaay too far in the future, tbh I really dont think we need our own engine, it works brilliantly as it is and atm its just no worth the immense hassle to basically create an entirely new game using a completely new engine.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
[R-MOD]Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #23
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Fast Ropes would offer nothing to gameplay unless the chopper rotor blades had collisions and then they would come in slightly useful in Urban areas and forest areas where you can't land.

other than that, they are pointless game play wise

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #24
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]CodeRedFox View Post
You know you would throw down at least 9.95 for fastropes
ill give everythoing in my pockets!
i got a house key.. a lockre key... a pen... a pencil....a school schedual....a quater......THATS IT!
bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:00 PM   #25
bricro

Not gonna lie I'd pay if they did a whole new PR but it'd have to be just like bf2ish, prish yea. I'd pay 50 bucks for fastropes, 20 bucks for no fastropes.
bricro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #26
Solid Knight

I've already made a new engine. What's taking PR so long to make theirs? It's not like you need years of programming experience and be pretty good at calculus to make a good physics based game engine.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #27
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw-uk View Post
What is this obsession with fast ropes?
It has to be one of the longest running jokes in PR history...that and Rhinos penis

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #28
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

Lets just say that if fastropes are ever put in, they'll be on a pay per use basis ... that answer your question ?

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play :

[R-MOD]Saobh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #29
gclark03

Don't go around giving EA ideas for BF3, Saobh.
gclark03 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #30
Guardian[]B()b
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kilmartin View Post
sorry didnt want to be too optomistic just wondering. its happend before to me. i had a game that was free and then they made u pay
How many $60 games do people buy that are played for a couple weeks then get tossed in the corner forever. You are worried about maybe paying a few bucks for a mod that you must be be getting a lot of enjoyment from as you joined the forums in 2007 and still keep coming back.

There is link for donations on the front page. The PR guys give a lot of their time and effort and TIME to the mod and last year I realized I should give back and at the last release made a donation. And intend to donate with every update - consider it the same as an Add-On you'd buy for one of your retail games.

They don't make a profit, money goes to paying for running this server, bandwidth, tools they need for development and Rhinos phallic support. I might be wrong on that last one..

Send them a couple $, you'll feel good about yourself.

sig? Don't need no stinkin' sig - all those graphics and blinkey colours waste bandwidth and give me a headache...
Last edited by Guardian[]B()b; 01-13-2009 at 10:06 PM..

Tags
devs, plea, stuff