project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525
Default Question about Leopard 2A6M thats coming with German faction.

Hey guyz, i got a question, i known it might be too soon for ask, but, thats also apply for Canadian faction since we use the same tanks.

The Challenger 2, is REALY strong, it can roll over mine, IED, take alot of RPG's and 4 hit whitout any problem.

So how strong the L2A6M will be ? That tank is like the WW2 Tiger, it can take so much punishment just like CR2 thats made it nearly unstopable for infantry/insurgent/other tanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by defense industry daily
Oct 2/08: Leopard manufacturer Krauss-Maffei Wegman issues a release that discusses Canada’s field experiences in Afghanistan:

”[The 2A6 model’s extra mine-protection] proved its worth in November, 2007, when the Taliban attacked a Canadian Leopard 2A6M-CAN with a large booby trap. The tank did sustain damage, but the entire crew survived. The Canadians had purchased the tank from the German federal army’s inventory. The Canadian commander wrote a letter of thanks to the German ministry of defence, emphasising that survivors would have been highly unlikely in any other vehicle. Canadian Chief of Staff General Rick Hillier also pointed out that the Leopard 2A6M had not been destroyed, but was indeed back in operation after repairs.
Tanks for the Lesson: Leopards, too, for Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
LudacrisKill

Default Re: Question about Leopard 2A6M thats coming whit German faction.

sice when can it role over a mine without dying?
LudacrisKill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
[R-COM]Glimmerman
Dutch Faction Lead

Send a message via MSN to [R-COM]Glimmerman

Leopards FTW!

I guess for the sake of being not to l33t some settings will be tweaked.

Cheers,
Glimmer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-COM]Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I think he's talking about the r/l CR2.

Really the CR2 and Leo2 are more or less as good as each other, there isn't anything hugely different between them and if a CR2 and leo2 went head to head, at the end of the day what would determine which one came out top would be simply 2 factors, the main one the crew and 2, the terrain/environment and how the crew used that to put them at an advantage.

So ingame, they will be pretty much the same tank with a different shape, ie, same as r/l.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

I think we need a C2 Vs Leo2 map...just to check /joke

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
Maxfragg

Send a message via ICQ to Maxfragg Send a message via MSN to Maxfragg Send a message via Skype™ to Maxfragg

there is one big difference between leo2 and cr2, and that is the gun, since the smooth barrel of the cr2 is a lot les accurate on extreme ranges, thats the main reason why all CR2 will get the canon of the leo2 as a upgrade in future

http://maxfragg.blogspot.com
Maxfragg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
[R-COM]Glimmerman
Dutch Faction Lead

Send a message via MSN to [R-COM]Glimmerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfragg View Post
there is one big difference between leo2 and cr2, and that is the gun, since the smooth barrel of the cr2 is a lot les accurate on extreme ranges, thats the main reason why all CR2 will get the canon of the leo2 as a upgrade in future
Yes and according to wikipedia the Leopard is 23 kmph faster.

Leopard 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Challenger 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers,
Glimmer

[R-COM]Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
Zoddom

Quote:
The Challenger Lethality Improvement Programme is a programme to upgrade the main gun of Challenger 2 from its current 120mm L30A1 rifled gun to the 120mm Rheinmetall L55 smoothbore gun currently used by the Leopard 2A6
thats what wiki say, too.
i think there is no real difference, because it depends on how the tank will be equiped after its been built, if you understand what i mean.
edit:
what?? i didnt know, that any tanks are equiped with rifled guns oO
doesnt it slow down the bullet speed that much??

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfragg View Post
ehhh, the CR2 has a rifled barrel, the M1A2 has a smooth bore.

the CR(1) which uses more or less the same cannon as the CR2 is at the top of the leader board for the longest tank kill in the world.

Challenger 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Primary
armament L30A1 120 mm Rifled gun
with 52 rounds
Quote:
Uniquely among NATO Main Battle Tank armament, the L30A1 is rifled, because the British Army continues to place a premium on the use of high explosive squash head (HESH) rounds in addition to APFSDS armour-piercing rounds. HESH rounds have a longer range (up to 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) than APFSDS, and are more effective against buildings and thin-skinned vehicles.

Challenger 1 tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
180 Challenger tanks were deployed to Saudi Arabia for Operation Granby, the UK operation in the Gulf War. The Challenger claimed 300 kills against armoured vehicles for no losses. It also has the distinction of the longest range tank-to-tank kill in military history, destroying an Iraqi tank at a range of 5.1 km.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #10
HughJass

i def remember reading somewhere the challanger is going to switch to the smoothbore.

also, isnt the smoothbore less accurate BUT has more power?

HughJass is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2a6m, coming, faction, german, leopard, question, whit