project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
General Dragosh

Send a message via MSN to General Dragosh
Default Aiming with joystick ?

Is it possible to manually set the mouse look to the plane joystick ?

Purpose: In reality tank turrets use joysticks to move the turret(IIRC.)

So i thought if its possible to add a second option to move the sight with the joystick...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Newly ordered sig !
General Dragosh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
Tirak

Default Re: Aiming with joistick ?

Your suggestion is confused. Are you talking about Infantry, Tanks, .50s driving, be more precise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Aiming with joystick ?

well in the CR2 they dont have a joystick, more like a game pad that looks very much like a PS gamepad hehe.

but ye, it is possible to setup the turret to move with your joystick (and mouse if you want as well) in your control settings.

Since all commands have 2 option box for the same action, you can setup the land vehicle settings so that your look/aim commands are to be your mouse in the first box (should be by default anyways) then setup the 2nd boxes for your joystick.

not too hard really.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
General Dragosh

Is it just me or there are NO look/aim commands for the mouse axis in the options ?

I dont think i could ever do that ingame options...

Newly ordered sig !
Old 10-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

going by memory i thought there was controls there to put in in the ingame menu for this but looks like this isn't so.

How ever it should be possible to do this in at least 1 of 2 ways I can think of, the 2nd one I know for sure would work its just not the best method.

so ye, first off you should be able to hack the controls.con in your profile settings out of game to add this type of control.

now if you dont know your controls.con is located in your profile folder which you can find in your My Docs: My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\

then in there should be a bunch of folders from 0001 upto how many profiles you have on your computer, 0001 is most likly yours depending on the profile you use but if you have a bunch and your unsure go in each and open each Profile.con with notepad until you see the username you use.

Then make a backup of your controls.con in your profile just encase this dont work and it screws it up some how so you can revert to the backup if needed.

anyways once you have done that, open the Controls.con up with notepad, if you look though the settings you will find that there is a:

Code:
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_GIMouseLookX IDFMouse IDAxis_0 0 0
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_GIMouseLookY IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0 0
this is basically the default of your settings for mouse look.

search for that first line in your control settings.

Now if you look in your profile and look to see what your plane setup with your joystick is should look something like this.

Code:
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIYaw IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_5 0 1
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_1 1 0
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_0 0 0
Now we are really only intrasted in the Pitch and Roll configs so if you go back to the mouse bits you found about in the default settings we can then add our new bits of code in there to look something like this.

Code:
ControlMap.create defaultGameControlMap
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_GIMouseLookX IDFMouse IDAxis_0 0 0
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_GIMouseLookY IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0 0
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_GIMouseLookX IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_0 0 0
ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_GIMouseLookY IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_1 1 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIMenu IDFKeyboard IDKey_Escape 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIToggleConsole IDFKeyboard IDKey_Grave 10000 0
now you will probaly need to fiddle with this a little since I think the "1 0" or "0 0 " or w/e is on the end of each command means if its inverted or w/e, if you look on the IDAxis_1 of the stick command ive put "1 0" on the end since that is what the plane settings had so not 100% sure if that is correct, you will just have to try it ingame and if its inverted the wrong way, switch it to 0 and just generally have a play around, trial and error till you get it right.

Then once you have done that, save the control.con file up and try it

The other way is to use a profiler, if you have one you get one with all Saitek gaming products these days and force it to have a mouse output axis on the profile and then you load that profile before game but not the best way since you most of the time can't set it up with a clean axis.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
General Dragosh

Hmmm.... weird, doesent work when it should...
W
ell i attached my controls.con file if u can look at it ?

I dont know anything of coding so its very hard to understand anything, i get lost easly
Attached Files
File Type: txt Copy of Controls.txt (18.7 KB, 4 views)

Newly ordered sig !
Old 10-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #7
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

go down to the bottom where you will find it again and put it in again there, may help.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #8
Swe_Olsson

Send a message via ICQ to Swe_Olsson Send a message via Skype™ to Swe_Olsson

I admire you cleverness Rhino.
Swe_Olsson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:04 AM   #9
General Dragosh

Nope still doesent work, but thx for trying to help

Have u tryed yourself that ?

Newly ordered sig !
Old 10-21-2008, 12:55 PM   #10
scandhi

Send a message via MSN to scandhi

tried it my self and the pitch anf roll settings seem to överwrite the mousecontrols. So on spawnscreen i have to use mouse to select spawn and use mouse to accept. But the tankturret is still not been able to move with my mouse. Got a saitek cyborg evo.

Super mario brothers: Nothing beats reality like killing turtles while high on shrooms and flying with a cape
scandhi is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aiming, joistick, joystick