project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #51
DavidP
Banned
Default Re: "WTF ! ISN'T realistic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
It is his first release mind you, and PR has had some major glitches too, the exploding Humvee Walls on Archer comes to mind.
Well with that Kind of an Ego I thought the mod would be equally "Grand" if you know what I mean.

If you don't well let me explain it.

Dogbox has something called the "Ipwnyou" Mentality. All people under 16 have it, Meaning they think that they are the best at something and should be looked at with 'respect' or just paid attention too. Now it doesn't matter what said thing is, Just so they can have some attention paid to them. He after hearing about PR and the Attention that it's been getting from the BF2 community, got jealous of the attention being given to PR and wanted that same attention for himself. So he 'creates' a mod calls it better then everything else. Just so people will pay him some attention.

Now i'm no Psychological expert. But I do know an Attention whore when I see one. But the "Ipwnyou" mentality is different from the standard attention whore by 2 little details. The Medium used to garner attention is an Online Video game hence the name. And the second is the Internet. People cannot be held accountable for their actions if they cannot face the consequences. More so in a social manner.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #52
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidP View Post
Well with that Kind of an Ego I thought the mod would be equally "Grand" if you know what I mean.

If you don't well let me explain it.

Dogbox has something called the "Ipwnyou" Mentality. All people under 16 have it, Meaning they think that they are the best at something and should be looked at with 'respect' or just paid attention too. Now it doesn't matter what said thing is, Just so they can have some attention paid to them. He after hearing about PR and the Attention that it's been getting from the BF2 community, got jealous of the attention being given to PR and wanted that same attention for himself. So he 'creates' a mod calls it better then everything else. Just so people will pay him some attention.

Now i'm no Psychological expert. But I do know an Attention whore when I see one. But the "Ipwnyou" mentality is different from the standard attention whore by 2 little details. The Medium used to garner attention is an Online Video game hence the name. And the second is the Internet. People cannot be held accountable for their actions if they cannot face the consequences. More so in a social manner.
While this may be true about Dogs posts, Canny hasn't seemed to be so bashing, keep in mind most mods have more than one developer, he may suffer from an Ipwnyou mentality, but not everyone on the mod may be bashing PR.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #53
DavidP
Banned

I don't care if it's bashing PR or not. He just thinks he's better then everyone.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #54
AOD_Morph

Quote:
its more of a modifaction mod
This guy is my new hero

Ingame: =TCC= Morph265
Old 10-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #55
imhooks

looks like they have a javelin:S Can we possibly get a javelin?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #56
Katsu

[R-DEV]Dogbox

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #57
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhooks View Post
looks like they have a javelin:S Can we possibly get a javelin?
The Javelin is bugged. It was in testing me thinks but I think the rocket dont actuallly lock on one target. When you fire one as it is with lock on and all every vehicle on the map is a potential target not just enemy but friendlies as well.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox

I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #58
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

also apparently where as balancing issues, too overpowering/no equivalent, etc

Anyway, this is off topic, carry on.

Also guys, dont just burst into their forums and start lashing them, let the Devs do that, if they need our input, they will ask for it

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
Old 10-06-2008, 11:47 AM   #59
Defiyur

"Scapper" & "Terrorist Bandage" look pretty sweet. I think he meant "sapper"
Old 10-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #60
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

I see nothing but a 15yr old lil troll constantly "hehe"ing about summit he knows jack about

Closed Thread

Tags
realistic, wtf, wtf isnt realistic