project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #11
PeterLorre

Default Re: can keys for aircraft side and top view be changed?

Im glad they took the trouble to put the views in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey you, Angus! Shoot me, shoot!
PeterLorre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #12
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

Ok well i figured this thing out.

I went into my options and disabled my cycle through weapons key on my joystick (still had the F default one up).

On my joy, i set my weapons keys 1 through 5 so i manually click on my joystick to get to that weapon slot. Then for my left top and right views which are weapon slots i konfigured those keys to my thumb keys, which makes it great!

The let down?

If you are in lets say the left look view, when you press your cockpit cam button (so you can go directly to your cockpit if lets say you looking behind you) it doesnt work.... you still have to cycle through the cams and go back to you hud screen through all the views...

So....

back to square one.

I think if the devs can figure out a way so that if your in one of your side views you can press your cockpit button and be back in the cockpit then this will be great.

Otherwise, as it is right now... its helllllla annoying.

I lost a guy i was trailing cuz as i switched my weapons he turned and it was buonvuayage for that dream.... i was disappointed, lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #13
PeterLorre

Maybe Rhino will come along and make it goodie goodie for you.

Hey you, Angus! Shoot me, shoot!
PeterLorre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #14
SuperTimo

Send a message via MSN to SuperTimo

just use the keyboard number keys at the top, thats what i do (and yes i use a joystick). 6,7,8, and 9 are your veiws 1,2,3,4,5 are your weapons easy enough once you get used to it

i always fly with one hand on my joystick and one on my keybaoard, except when im changing throttle.

SuperTimo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #15
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTimo View Post
except when im changing throttle.
where's ur hand then eh?!

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #16
Noobofthenight

I do the same as Timo, cept I control speed on keyboard, and rudder, and use my joystick for flares, afterburner and movement (obviously).

Will try mapping those views to that HAT, cheers for the idea!
Noobofthenight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #17
Celestial1

(Granted, I don't have a joystick, but...) Key combinations to conserve and most utilize space:

Weapons: Set one key to 'Weapon Slot 1'. Set a key, preferably to it's right or otherwise near it, to 'Weapon Switch'. Hit the first key to go to radar-off mode, and then use the second button to reach your desired ordinance.

Views: Best done with a 4 way HAT switch (or another directional pad), or not at all. Left, right, up (or down, if that is your preference) for the views, and down (or up) for your flares count slot, deploy flares, or even enter/exit vehicle if you so choose.

If you have tips, post em.
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:19 AM   #18
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

Il make a vid of what i mean.

ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, changed, keys, side, top, view