project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
skooterkid23

Default Sniper Accuracy

Is it just me or in the Sniper kit VERY inaccurate. I did a test with the marksmen kit and the sniper kit. Marksmen: 4/5 hit Sniper: 0/5 hit.

Would you like in the next release for the sniper kit to be more accurate?
Old 09-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
mammikoura
Default Re: Sniper Accuracy

it's just you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is the soldier, not the priest, who protects freedom of religion; the soldier, not the journalist, who protects freedom of speech.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
Reddish Red

Press 3, and wait intill the breathing is over: makes it way more accurate (as long as you don't move the rifle)

Rico11b: Better than that just take the body out of the game all together, and we'll have floating heads in game.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
Harrod200

I was getting 1-shot headshots at ~400m today. You have to take your time and wait for your shot. It's pretty hard to hit moving targets now, so wait til they stop. You should be able to trace their path ahead to see a nice bit of cover they're heading to, so wait there and then pop them when they stop.

Oh and your sig is too big. Rules, section 3

The original gun freak gaymer geek

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #5
Spinkyone

I find that for one rifle in particular (the Lee-Enfield) the accuracy is AWFUL, completely unable to hit a target at any range after ~250m, all other appear to work to some extent. For the other sniper rifles the accuracy is reasonable after the breathing. Some advice would be to reduce the sensitivity of your mouse and to bind a keyboard key to fire as even the tiniest movement completely destroys stability now.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
Harrod200

Which is the Lee-Enfield? The MEC was the rifle I was using today and it was fine.

The original gun freak gaymer geek

Old 09-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
Spinkyone

The pickup kit sniper rifle for the insurgents/ the militia sniper kit is the Lee-Enfield No4 .303

There is something seriously wrong with it, it doesn't even generate a suppression effect as it misses targets by such a great amount at distances of about 250m even after waiting as long as 15-20 seconds for stabilisation, will try to post a video...
Old 09-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #8
SleepyHe4d

Nah I think there's a serious glitch or something cause I would wait forever and not even move and it wouldn't hit accurately. I think I tried this with multiple rifles and I didn't check the ranges but they were around medium ranges.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #9
Pariel

It's just like when .7 came out. Shooting will just take some time to get used to.

It would be helpful to actually know the specs of each weapon in terms of stabilization time though (hint devs hint).
Old 09-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #10
Symplify

Send a message via MSN to Symplify

You know what I thought was funny?

I stood still in front of a hangar, 2 m away, fired my rifle unscoped, and hit 5 M to my right and 3 M up from where I was aiming. I actually had to turn and look for where the bullet hit.

They seem inconsistent, you get lucky sometimes, sometimes you don't.

Closed Thread

Tags
accuracy, sniper