project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #11
Endrek
Default Re: Harrier VTOL

I'd settle for VTOL landing only since that's the hard part =) Especially if they put em on a carrier map.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #12
TJ-XRL

stop mouning about pr haier IT NOT IN PR .8 SO ITS ONLY IN TRAIN MAPS
Old 09-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #13
Cptkanito

Send a message via MSN to Cptkanito

I love the Harrier in the training maps, i'm trying to familiarise myself with the aircraft and maneouverablity of it. I am greatful for the devs work, so i can wait for the next update. v0.8 kicks ass atm, so i'm not too worried about the Harrier at this time. I know its not finished yet but i still love it. I love the way the flares come out 1 every 2-3 seconds when you hold the flare button, nice idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #14
space
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
the Harrier in r/l can't really take off vertically when it has a full pay load under it, which it dose in combat situations, but it has a short take off, and then when it comes to landing, on air fields they use just normal landing methods (saves fuel) thou for carriers they must VTOL land since the carrier is too short for a normal landing.
Even to land VTOL they have to expensively dispense any ordinance they still have on board, into the sea before landing. They are having the same problems with the F-35B and it looks like it will only be capable of rolling landings ( which was not in the design spec ) - also if the F35B uses half its weapons,it will still have to dispense the other half so that its balanced on landing.
When flying the Harrier on kashan training, just turn it 180 degrees and take off on the dirt conventionally.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #15
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ-XRL View Post
stop mouning about pr haier IT NOT IN PR .8 SO ITS ONLY IN TRAIN MAPS
Quite.

As stated, its not finished yet and shouldn't really be in PR at this time.

Thread locked.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Closed Thread

Tags
harrier, vtol