project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #21
Wolfe

Default Re: Sniper Breath Control

I know some of you are trying to help, but please do not guess. It is confusing to others who are trying to understand how something works.

Sniper Rifle Settle Times:

Per shot: 7.937 seconds
Each time you fire the rifle, its cone of fire is instantly maxed out. It then takes 7.937 seconds for the cone to go slowly narrow to its minimum. The minimum cone of fire (minimum deviation) depends on your stance and whether your scoped in or not. As of PRv8, firing while unscoped yields a huge cone of fire making the weapon useless therefore the weapon must be fired while scoped. When scoped, firing while standing/crouch positions has an effective range of 250 meters, and firing while prone has an effective range of 1,000 meters.

Note: It is not necessary to always wait the 7.937 seconds in order to hit your target. That is the maximum wait time based on its maximum range (1000 meters). If your target is only 500 meters away, you only have to wait half the time (4.0 seconds) between shots since the cone of fire has narrowed enough to hit a target at that range.

Walking/Crawling: 7.937 seconds
Walking/crawling/strafing will instantly max out the cone of fire. It then takes 7.937 seconds for the cone to slowly narrow to its minimum. The cones of fire are identical to that of firing (see above).

Mouse movement / Tracking: 1.667 seconds
The faster you turn, the faster the cone of fire increases. The rate at which you can accurately track targets is about 3x faster than the second hand of a clock; about 45 degrees within 5 seconds. In simple terms, you can hit any moving target as long as it's at least 50 meters away. To max out the cone of fire, you would have to rapidly turn 180 degrees within 1 second. If you do max out the cone of fire, it takes 1.667 seconds to reach its minimum.

Breathing Sound
The breathing sound does not affect your deviation in any way. Its only purpose is to serve as an 8 second audible count and is no different than if you set an 8 second egg timer each time you fired or walked/crawled.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #22
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tte.oteo View Post
An approximate rule exists in real life that it is possible to apply on project reality. A man running it reaches approximately 25 kilometres hour, to 100mts the point to shoot is a half a body ahead.
this is for a assault rifles with 5.56.
Your not saying that a running guy does 25 km/h? I would pay money to see someone run that fast with full combat gear.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #23
T.A.Sharps

Deleted original post.

Thanks Wolfe...
SOMEHOW I missed your post up top there, sorry about that.

Is that info in a fixed location for people to refer to?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EVERYBODY MAKES FUN OF REDNECKS.... UNTIL THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.
Last edited by T.A.Sharps; 10-08-2008 at 11:19 PM..
Old 10-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #24
Truism

Quote:
I'm starting to get the idea that the DEVs need to put out a DETAILED manual just for the sniper kit. I know you can get a lot of kills with it anyway, but I would think a RL sniper does not have all these questions about his rifle.
The Devs need to put out a more detailed manual that addresses gameplay mechanics, or set up a mechanics forum so we can avoid these pointless threads.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #25
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyasian11 View Post
Sniper is not bugged, it is all about timing and judging where the guy will be when the bullet hits.
If youll fully read what I said before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadist_Cain View Post
I do think the sniper rifle is bugged

My reasoning for this was I played against robbi on a training server having a snipe off

588 he's running, line up the shot to where he'll be *Bang* running headshot

see him pop around a corner, breath, Bang headshot all good

then I changed clips

Couldn't hit F%&$ all from then on
Like I said I was hitting things quite happily with the sniper rifle, head shot after headshot and then some, running at 500+ metres, easy

Changed clips and I could hit bugger all not even when he was moving, (YES I waited 8 seconds) one of my bullets even landed 3 feet away on the wall he was hiding behind

Old 10-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #26
Truism

I have my own theories about why deviation is so screwy, but they're next to untestable. I think it comes down to the server measuring deviation loss by ticks, and changes in lag while "waiting" for shots that results in the server not thinking you've waited for as long as you subjectively have.

I don't think I could explain what I mean properly without some kind of screwy diagram.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:34 AM   #27
Truism

I can confirm there are some problems with the sniper rifle. Played a Kashan skirmish with it. I fired some stationary prone shots without mouse movement, leaving 2 seconds at the end of the sound clip before firing. Misses by as much as 2 meters at 300ish meters. Targets weren't moving, should have been headshots and others center of mass shots. All with 30 ping, settings handled by BF2 Hitfixer 1.41. All misses.

I got more kills with my pistol than my sniper rifle.
Last edited by Truism; 10-09-2008 at 11:40 AM..
Old 10-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #28
ExisSellos

Send a message via MSN to ExisSellos

NOW NOW PEOPLE
I THINK SOMEBODY HAS TO REQUEST A SNIPER RIFLE GUIDE THAT PR HAS TO MAKE FOR US DONT WE KIDS?

ow btw
i found one good movie about it
its from my homey marineG5
check it out:
YouTube - Project Reality 0.8 Sniping

Ow btw if somebody has problems with the Grenadier kit check this:
YouTube - Project Reality 0.8 Grenadier Tips
( It was Requested by me )

Some like us most hate us

but they all fear us
Old 10-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #29
Truism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExisSellos View Post
NOW NOW PEOPLE
I THINK SOMEBODY HAS TO REQUEST A SNIPER RIFLE GUIDE THAT PR HAS TO MAKE FOR US DONT WE KIDS?

ow btw
i found one good movie about it
its from my homey marineG5
check it out:
YouTube - Project Reality 0.8 Sniping

Ow btw if somebody has problems with the Grenadier kit check this:
YouTube - Project Reality 0.8 Grenadier Tips
( It was Requested by me )
Yes thank you kindly, I did in fact watch that, I've watched both of them before - I know how the sniper rifle is meant to work full well. What I think, and what I think I said, is there are bugs with it, and/or perhaps the deviation system as a whole, but that only the sniper rifle shows them up clearly because it's so sensitive to so many factors. I have had times where I have been able to use the sniper rifle effectively using the correct actions, while I have had others (like Kashan) under seemingly identical conditions where my shots all missed wildly.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #30
Tte.oteo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
Your not saying that a running guy does 25 km/h? I would pay money to see someone run that fast with full combat gear.
yes man sorry, I exaggerated a little bit. but the rule exists and it works, not for the 25 km/h speed, but for a man runnig at 100mts.
Closed Thread

Tags
breath, control, sniper