project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 AM   #11
T.A.Sharps

Default Re: Sniper Breath Control

I think I have it mostly right...

-8 seconds to first settle down time.

-Breathing is just an indicator when that 8 seconds is up, and has no real function in the game.

-During the settling time you can consider a cone of accuracy closing in around your target. At the end of 8 seconds it is the tightest, or pretty tight.(not sure for extreme ranges)

-After you are settled, you can move the mouse to track a target, or aim at a new target.

- You can not turn more than about 180 degrees or else you need to start the 8 second settle time again.

I am not sure of a settle time for speed of mouse movement, or a settle time after the shot. Still am not sure of long range deviation, such as 800 meters, how high you hold, or if you need to wait longer than 8 seconds for them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EVERYBODY MAKES FUN OF REDNECKS.... UNTIL THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:01 AM   #12
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

I do think the sniper rifle is bugged

My reasoning for this was I played against robbi on a training server having a snipe off

588 he's running, line up the shot to where he'll be *Bang* running headshot

see him pop around a corner, breath, Bang headshot all good

then I changed clips

Couldn't hit F%&$ all from then on

Old 10-08-2008, 01:06 AM   #13
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Sniper is not bugged, it is all about timing and judging where the guy will be when the bullet hits.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
Old 10-08-2008, 02:30 AM   #14
ice_killer

Send a message via MSN to ice_killer

indeed carzxy but it still hard to hit a target

I7 980X, REX3, Dominator GT 12G, 4X XFXHD6970 2G yes Quadfire , SSD 3x Raptors 2X 1.2 KW
Old 10-08-2008, 03:44 AM   #15
Tte.oteo

To add breathings has been one of the best ideas for the sniper kit. That the breathing and the movement of the mouse determine the shot it makes possible that every player has his own style.
Personally, I believe that the most important thing is to shoot without the maximum recoil of ur gun. This happens in a certain moment of the breathings.
If you can do it you can shoot to targets in movement from 600 meters, with a light movement of mouse, without it affects too much the bullet deviation.
with practice it is known that moment is this, the sniper kit its not bugged, now the sniper work its really hard to learning.The one who request the sniper kit now will know it q does.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:13 AM   #16
Chanvlan

ok here it is, all you have to do is know how far away the target is, say at 500m i use a 1-2mm bullet drop on screen. That is there are 2mm between the bottom of my crosshairs and the target / targets head.

Also with the breathing i wait until he breaths in . . out . . in . . out . . . in and the when it goes almost quiet for a second SHOOT!

check out what i mean in this vid YouTube - Project Reality 0.8 Sniping

Mod DB's Modcast: Guy: So what new things will be in Future PR releases.
Katarn: Fastropes, yeh fast ropes, and you can shoot while your on the ropes.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:39 AM   #17
Tte.oteo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanvlan View Post
ok here it is, all you have to do is know how far away the target is, say at 500m i use a 1-2mm bullet drop on screen. That is there are 2mm between the bottom of my crosshairs and the target / targets head.

Also with the breathing i wait until he breaths in . . out . . in . . out . . . in and the when it goes almost quiet for a second SHOOT!

check out what i mean in this vid YouTube - Project Reality 0.8 Sniping
This one is the theory for stopped targets. For targets in movement a bible exists ... how many meters ahead it is necessary to shoot at a target at 500 mts running?
this is known by experience or by a few good classes in the navy
Old 10-08-2008, 05:38 AM   #18
@bsurd

Guys i used the sniper alot. And it isnt ever 8 sec.

Its 8 sec if you walked arround.

Its 4 sec. between shots

And its 3 sec on tracking.

Bullet Drop kicks in over 550 m

And if you wanne hit a moveing target, think about the bullet travel time... On 500 m range it takes a sec to see the bullet impact.

Its all about training For me it becomes only a feeling when im ready to fire... And the most time i drop the guy.

Its also great to get a buddy with a sniper to. So you can aim both a heavy target (medic/sl) and then the guy is really fast history...It dosent matter were you hit, 2 Sniper bullets ever result in a kill.

I love this:

on track?
yes!
Fire, fire, fire boom...

Ever see a guy who gets hit by 2 sniper bullets @ the same time? Great fly!

Old 10-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #19
Celestial1

Absurd's estimations are actually a bit above the necessary time, but it's good to keep above the limit to be sure, and to pace yourself when firing.

Hitting moving targets requires that the target is VERY far (and you are leading him), and moving the crosshair only results in minimal deviation; or that you aim far ahead of the target, account for his movement vs. speed of bullet, and fire when he reaches the point of impact.

Either way is possible, the first just takes some practice and luck.

(Moving the crosshair results in EXTREMELY little deviation, if you are tracking a target moving roughly 200m away, not sprinting.)
Old 10-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #20
Tte.oteo

An approximate rule exists in real life that it is possible to apply on project reality. A man running it reaches approximately 25 kilometres hour, to 100mts the point to shoot is a half a body ahead.
this is for a assault rifles with 5.56.
Closed Thread

Tags
breath, control, sniper