project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
Sanke
Banned
Default Merlin back door...

How do you let the door down?
Sanke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
Chimpanzeeee

Default Re: Merlin back door...

hop in the copilot seat - use the W and S keys to raise and lower the back ramp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chimpanzeeee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
pwn3ge106

Hold S in the co pilot seat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pwn3ge106 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
tupla_s

Co-pilot controls it with up/down arrow keys if I remember correctly. Haven't played in six months due to being in army.

EDIT: Looks like I remembered wrong. Or has it been changed?

tupla_s is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
chuckMFd

While in the passenger seat you hit "s" but you better raise it before take off with "w" or youll really piss off the pilot and your team!!

PR KICKS ASS
chuckMFd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
Sabre_tooth_tigger

I dont understand why leaving the door open would be a problem, its how it supposed to be used. Ideally it should have a 50 cal on the ramp

Sabre_tooth_tigger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #7
Spaz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_tooth_tigger View Post
I dont understand why leaving the door open would be a problem, its how it supposed to be used. Ideally it should have a 50 cal on the ramp
I would agree on a GPMG but a 50. is a litte to big right?

Spaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #8
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_tooth_tigger View Post
The ramp extends to the same level as the undercarriage (obviously - otherwise you wouldn't be able to run/drive up it).

What that means in practical terms is that it's often very hard for the pilot to judge what his tailgate is hitting - making it very easy for him to hit the ramp on something as he lands on uneven terrain, tipping the Merlin over and killing everyone inside.

In short = ramp open when picking people up/droping off on flat terrain, closed at all other times.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Masaq View Post
The ramp extends to the same level as the undercarriage (obviously - otherwise you wouldn't be able to run/drive up it).

What that means in practical terms is that it's often very hard for the pilot to judge what his tailgate is hitting - making it very easy for him to hit the ramp on something as he lands on uneven terrain, tipping the Merlin over and killing everyone inside.

In short = ramp open when picking people up/droping off on flat terrain, closed at all other times.
Its also great for dropping people of buildings actually. Kinda hard to guess where the ramp is at times tho.
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:22 PM   #10
Sabre_tooth_tigger

I must land nose first or something then because its no different to me when landing the merlin whether its open or not but I'll have to test that one out

Sabre_tooth_tigger is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
back, door, merlin