project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #11
space
Banned

Ive noticed the kharta thread this week ( ill have to dl it for "inspiration" ) but I noticed him saying it ran slowly ( and thats on local server ) so it seems you can make nice eye candy but then it runs like shite. Compromises or thinking outside the box is what is required im thinking, so thats why I was asking what you guys want most really.
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:47 PM   #12
flem615

i enjoy urban environments the most, like al basrah. make some maps like that. with a coalition base and a large urban complex containing a hostile force like insurgents, malitia, or an organized army
flem615 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #13
[T]Terranova7

I definitely with the natural awesomeness bit. Not really a lot of maps with some cool terrain features. I love the giant mountain on Archer that players can climb. Had some good moments on the U.S building a firebase up there, and raining hell on the nearby village.

What I'd like to see is some more unique aspects. Like a mountain with a footpath, and a guaranteed death if you manage to fall off. I'd also like to see something like bridges play a crucial role in maneuvering around a map. Not so much just one river with a bridge or two (Like Qwai), but an elaborate network of bridges that cross over rivers, between ridges etc.

Creating interesting underground areas would be cool too. For example, as much as I hate this map Hills of Hamgyong has an interesting "bunker", where the construction site static is buried into the ground. Or the mine on Qwai River is a pretty cool design as well. Caches you find under buildings on Al Basrah and Op. Archer are also interesting. They make good hiding spots.

When it comes to urban maps, I'd like to see much more added to them. Not just your average block for block city, but I'd like to see more congested alleyways, fenced off areas, dead ends, and more overall destruction. I really liked the atmosphere "street" had despite being a small map.

Also, lots of breach able doors and such to give engineers the opportunity to make use of their shotgun, and to allow for barricades. For example, the village in Road to Kyogani has lots of those wooden barricades on the entrances, I'd personally like to see a lot more of that. Another thing I like are the barricades. The Mine on Qwai River has a destroyable and repairable door that can help aid in a defense. Though my personal favorite is the door on the citadel on Seven Gates.

And finally, make CPs generally more defendable. My favorites are the Hilltop Estate from Fool's Road and Mine from Qwai River. Don't fish bowl your CPs. Or at the very least if you do find a way to prevent tanks and other heavy vehicles from sitting on surrounding hills and camping flags. Add natural barriers and defenses to the flags, such as a surrounding fence, or have lots of flat land around it. I like flags that usually have 2 or three main entrances to them, with maybe one or two hidden entrances. By hidden I mean things like the ventilation shafts you find on the bunkers in Kashan. Maybe a small terrain dip in the fence where players can crawl under, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

[T]Terranova7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #14
asianator365

Choppers, Choppers, Choppers!!! Cannot say that enough. Littlebirds (with miniguns) and Blackhawks. Picture Blackhawk Down. Now picture 3 RPGs max. Humvees and technicals only. Urban. That is what is wanted. Blackhawks, Littlebirds, Humvees, and lots of durkas with small arms in a city with a lot of smoke and places to hide and run.
asianator365 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #15
Deadmonkiefart

Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]Terranova7 View Post
I definitely with the natural awesomeness bit. Not really a lot of maps with some cool terrain features. I love the giant mountain on Archer that players can climb. Had some good moments on the U.S building a firebase up there, and raining hell on the nearby village.

What I'd like to see is some more unique aspects. Like a mountain with a footpath, and a guaranteed death if you manage to fall off. I'd also like to see something like bridges play a crucial role in maneuvering around a map. Not so much just one river with a bridge or two (Like Qwai), but an elaborate network of bridges that cross over rivers, between ridges etc.

Creating interesting underground areas would be cool too. For example, as much as I hate this map Hills of Hamgyong has an interesting "bunker", where the construction site static is buried into the ground. Or the mine on Qwai River is a pretty cool design as well. Caches you find under buildings on Al Basrah and Op. Archer are also interesting. They make good hiding spots.

When it comes to urban maps, I'd like to see much more added to them. Not just your average block for block city, but I'd like to see more congested alleyways, fenced off areas, dead ends, and more overall destruction. I really liked the atmosphere "street" had despite being a small map.

Also, lots of breach able doors and such to give engineers the opportunity to make use of their shotgun, and to allow for barricades. For example, the village in Road to Kyogani has lots of those wooden barricades on the entrances, I'd personally like to see a lot more of that. Another thing I like are the barricades. The Mine on Qwai River has a destroyable and repairable door that can help aid in a defense. Though my personal favorite is the door on the citadel on Seven Gates.

And finally, make CPs generally more defendable. My favorites are the Hilltop Estate from Fool's Road and Mine from Qwai River. Don't fish bowl your CPs. Or at the very least if you do find a way to prevent tanks and other heavy vehicles from sitting on surrounding hills and camping flags. Add natural barriers and defenses to the flags, such as a surrounding fence, or have lots of flat land around it. I like flags that usually have 2 or three main entrances to them, with maybe one or two hidden entrances. By hidden I mean things like the ventilation shafts you find on the bunkers in Kashan. Maybe a small terrain dip in the fence where players can crawl under, etc.
I agree 100%

My #1 excuse for having a bad game:
"GET-OFF-OF-MY-KEYBOARD-YOU-STUPID-CAT!!!"

Deadmonkiefart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #16
[R-DEV]motherdear
PR:BF2 Developer

what would be pure awesomeness would be a remake of ejod desert, it would be awesome if the city could be expanded and we could get rid of/use the armored vericles differently. just try and imagine the whole ejod are as a valley filled with buildings and hotels etc. and then have the armies march on the street securing it corner for corner until they hit each other and will begin to outflank. there is just so much extra room in the map and so little city that it's rediculois compared to current PR standards (mainly because of it's age and the gameplay changes) i'm not demanding in any way but i'm just throwing it out there i can't do it myself but maybe somebody is up for the challenge.
[R-DEV]motherdear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:49 AM   #17
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

I would defendant try and make a map, I've learned allot already with my map and I'm glad I did it.

And Khara is been updated allot, I look at the video and go wow that looked like crap
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:08 AM   #18
Deadmonkiefart

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]CAS_117 View Post
Why do the British get all of the good insurgent maps?

My #1 excuse for having a bad game:
"GET-OFF-OF-MY-KEYBOARD-YOU-STUPID-CAT!!!"

Deadmonkiefart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:13 AM   #19
Death_dx

Night maps!
Bi ming in daytime = me sad

I want a map where bridges actually count (qwai river/bi ming somewhat). Other than that I agree with the more cover thing, I hate seeing two idiots run towards each other only to go prone, then one takes 3 bullets instead of 2 and the other bleeds to death.
Death_dx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 AM   #20
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmonkiefart View Post
Why do the British get all of the good insurgent maps?
I'll stop thread jacking after this spacemanc, but my map wont be an "Insurgent map" AKA hunt the WMD. This will be a fight to secure the valley.
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fricking, lazors, maps, people