project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Exclamation PR is looking for a new Lead Tester

Since [R-DEV]fuzzhead wants to move on from lead testing, and the v0.8 testing coming up real soon we are looking hard for someone with the right skills to become the next lead tester for the Project Reality modification.

Being lead tester is no easy job, you will be required to recruit new testers, organize your testing team and get them testing regally and efficiently. With also lots of small jobs like weeding out anyone in the testing team who is not testing, making sure nothing gets leaked etc.

Testing experience is required for this job as well as good leadership skills. You will also need to dedicate a lot of time for this position so if you don't have that much free time its probably best that you do not apply. Good communication and documentation skills are also pretty vital for this position.

Anyone who thinks they meet these requirements and is motivated to be the next lead tester for all of v0.8 testing and after, please post below and state why you think your the next lead tester, with the following info:
  • Previous testing experience and for how long:
  • Why do you think you are the next lead tester?:
  • Anything else we should know:

Please no spam, only post if you are interested in this position, not if you want to become a tester or anything else.

Cheers and good luck!

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 03-30-2008 at 01:28 PM..
Old 03-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
LeadMagnet
Retired PR Developer

Previous testing experience and for how long: Desert Combat Extended v4-v9 3yrs, Rising Conflicts 2yrs
Why do you think you are the next lead tester?: Actually just looking to lead the North American testers as I've felt that was lacking in the last round of testing with more times being scheduled towards Euro's.
Anything else we should know: I may not be into S&M but I can still throw the whip.

“Without Warning, Sans Remorse”
LeadMagnet is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

* Previous testing experience and for how long: Tested Vanguard (MMO) during beta; helped fuzzhead off and on for PR; also did the .6 betas.
* Why do you think you are the next lead tester?: I have a lot of time on my hands. I also lead a clan that would be willing to help (Includes people like Zangoo).
* Anything else we should know: I have a love for hot dogs. I also play PR every day.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Last edited by Expendable Grunt; 03-31-2008 at 01:02 PM..
Old 03-31-2008, 10:41 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

cheers guys for putting yourselfs forward, anyone else up for this?

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #5
M82

Send a message via MSN to M82

* Previous testing experience and for how long: CS 1.3 Beta testing, testing glitches in the map, jump spots, white areas ect,CS Source Beta testing, doing basically the same stuff I did in cs 1.3, but did some ballistic, and spraying testing to, Battlegrounds 1.0 Alpha , just testing the game and basically looking for decals and bugs.
* Why do you think you are the next lead tester?: I have to much spare time, around 7-10 hours a day. At the moment I'm in a PR Clan called EEF. There are alot of trust worthy members in it, who play PR for hours on end during the week. And I'm sure they would be delighted, and amazed to test the new and upcoming 0.8. I have been playing PR since the first releases, and I just cant wait any longer for 0.8, So getting a chance to actually test it, would be a dream come true. I wouldn't actually get off it.

Of course, I would still want to play 0.7 with my Clan, but when I'm not, which is basically most of the day, I would be on 0.8, as well as my fellow clan members.

* Anything else we should know: I know I haven't exactly got thousands of posts on my name. But thats because I'm knew to the forums, but have, like I said been playing the game for a long time, and no to much, and play to much of it! Ive even spent alot of money upgrading my PC for PR. And it was worth every penny.

Thanks for your time Rhino
M82 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #6
CodeC.Seven

Send a message via ICQ to CodeC.Seven Send a message via MSN to CodeC.Seven

* Previous testing experience and for how long: tested World of wracraft (Whole Beta) Command and Conuqerer Red Alarm 3 (currently) Lord of the Rings (beta tester). Eve Online (RC1 and whole beta)

* Why do you think you are the next lead tester?: I dont know i think i just love PR and want to help you guys out on everyway its possible.

* Anything else we should know: I play PR everyday and i really love it.

-Sig removed-
CodeC.Seven is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #7
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

* Previous testing experience and for how long:

-Star Wars: Time of Darkness, a SMAUG-based MUD. Admin and Tester from 2003-2007. Used Testtrack Pro for bug reports and bugfix tracking.

-Microsoft Tester Program: Windows Longhorn/Vista 2003-2004, Visual Studio 2005.

-PR: 0.6 Testing, 0.75 testing. (What's that I can hear? Is it an APC...?)

Network administrator for Norwich Citizen's Advice Bureau, 2003-2005. No software testing involved but gained plenty of experience with identifying, isolating and testing bugs on a variety of system setups and OS's.

* Why do you think you are the next lead tester?:
I have around four years experience as a lead tester on a MUD, including player-relations and admin roles.I'm a well-known face around the community and I'm an existing part of the PR team so I'm known to other testers and to the Dev/Con/Pub/Mods. I would bring logical thinking ("Has anyone actually updated the server to 0.756, guys? That might explain why you're CTDing...") and a willingness to mock myself for the amusement of others ("Yeah, so that audio bug? Actually my case fans, don't mind me..."). I'd also bring my moderation equipment and electronically beat the white blood cells out of anybody who leaked owt

* Anything else we should know:
PR player since 0.2, a fan since 0.3, pretty much PR only for my FPS kicks since 0.4 and the doctor said that the discharge should clear up by itself with no need for antibiotics. You're in the clear, Rhino

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Last edited by Masaq; 04-02-2008 at 01:20 PM..
Old 04-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
=HR=Drayu

Send a message via Yahoo to =HR=Drayu

* Previous testing experience and for how long: EOD since 1942 versions and BF2 currently
* Why do you think you are the next lead tester?: I am well organized, disciplined and not worried about hurting peoples feelings if they are not doing what they are supposed to.
* Anything else we should know: I have been playing PR since the beginning with more and more time with every release.
=HR=Drayu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Thanks for all your apps guys thou LeadMagnet is now our new Lead Tester and he will be now looking for two Deputy Lead Testers to assist him so there might be still some luck for you guys yet who missed out, cheers!

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #10
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

SOrry for the half-off-topic, but what about new testers ? I want to be one, to work hard and contribute for a better and clean game-play

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
lead, tester