project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #21
Sabre_tooth_tigger

Anticipate movement and let the target fall into the scopes sights.

Marksman is very easy to use, start with that then move to sniper if you really need to engage targets at 1000m

Check out the hat kit for a general idea of how it works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sabre_tooth_tigger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #22
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

nah nah, im not saying its impossible, i do try to do that and it works from time to time, but the point is that a sniper is able to shoot a moving target, making the whole "2-3 second make ur scope still" thing a total bullshit call.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #23
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Hm.. I find it easy to use the sniper kit in 0.75. Tried it out on a Mestia server and i think i've hit everything i aimed at from 400+ meters

But then again, i only shoot when im sure that im gonna hit. So i was shooting stationary targets only
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #24
Cyrax-Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummy.uk View Post
Does the mosin have the same deviation when not waiting long enough/same settle time?
Not really. I can still hop the sights around to snipe out Land Rover gunners, and the bullet usually lands.

|

Yay PR!
Cyrax-Sektor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #25
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadMagnet View Post
I'll never understand the logic that a person trained to fire accurately with a rifle that has been built and honed for further accuracy has to wait longer than the average rifleman for their reticle to settle. Not only that but you've completely removed the snipers ability to track on a moving target which (believe it or not) we actually do in the world....
First point was done so that snipers aren't charging into CQB and headshotting everyone.

Agree with second point, we can use the same turning deviation code that the DMR's have so they can track better in future builds.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:58 PM   #26
LeadMagnet
Former Testing Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
First point was done so that snipers aren't charging into CQB and headshotting everyone.

Agree with second point, we can use the same turning deviation code that the DMR's have so they can track better in future builds.

Shhhh, you had me at "Agree"

“Without Warning, Sans Remorse”
LeadMagnet is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:10 PM   #27
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax-Sektor View Post
Now that you mention it, I did read a post saying Insurgents had less accuracy. It'd make sense, as they're not specially trained soldiers.

I think I'll take that War Veteran tip to the field when I'm planning on getting a Mosin next time. Maybe Officers get better accuracy as well.

That'd be because IRL the sniper would be adjusting windage, his zero and all the rest of it before firing. Those things can't be added in-game (or at least, not easily, and they're not in now) so, there's a long delay to represent that a sniper can't just point and shoot.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #28
nedlands1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post

You do realise that the "turning deviation code" from the marksmen's rifles is exactly the same as the assault rifles? If you gave it to snipers, both the time to settle and the deviation added would be a quarter of the current value. Snipers will be CQC headshotting with the rest of their service rifle wielding brethren.

What should be done for the sniper's turning deviation, IMO, is a system not unlike the H-AT's. In fact, this should probably be done for all handheld weapons. With the H-AT, you can track moving targets. Problems arise when you try to track targets really fast (eg doing a quick 180 and trying to shoot something behind you). This is realistic. You can't do a quick 180 IRL and headshot someone at 200m. You need to steady yourself first.

@ralfidude
The baseline deviation for the marksmen rifles is 1/10 that of the conventional army's service rifles. The turning deviation (ie the random deviation due to moving the crosshair) is exactly the same as the conventional army's service rifles which is in turn the same as their baseline deviation. This means that the overall deviation, for a marksmen rifle, when tracking a moving target (ie the baseline deviation plus the turning deviation), is 55% that of a service rifle ([1.2+12]/[12+12] = 0.55). You could loosely say that a marksmen rifle is just as effective as a conventional army's service rifle, when dealing with a moving target at double the range (ignoring lead, drop and just thinking of accuracy of course).

nedlands1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:36 PM   #29
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

i think that the whole thing he said that a gradual movement of scrosshairs should be less than a fast 180 turn deviation, that was a sound idea. But the way it is rightnow is impossible... Snipers were a threat before, and there was a good reason to it, they should be feared, i never actually heard of any complaints about it before, so it shouldnt have been changed so drastically. I dont know, i wanted to know what others thought, this thread is not going to change the Devs mind abotu this and i dont expect them to, but it would be nice if they reconsidered, its rendering the kit rather useless in fearce combat where my squad begs me for help but i cant hit a damn thing...

ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:14 AM   #30
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfidude View Post
its rendering the kit rather useless in fearce combat where my squad begs me for help but i cant hit a damn thing...
No offense at all intended, but if you cant hit anything with the kit, don't take it.

Until this 'problem' is remedied maybe you should pick another kit to focus your efforts on. I myself stay away from snipers and stick w/ Medic and occasionally Auto Rifleman.

I agree snipers are still touchy, but dont get so down as if the DEV's don't care. Just because ten DEV's dont comment doesn't mean they are oblivious to the goings on of the forums. Keep your chin up

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deviation, kits, proof, sniper