project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #1
Deleted_screen
Default Oh damn it! I need PR to start Windowed!

Well firstly, I was sick today and had nothing to do, so i thought "HEY! Let's go play some Project Reality! That's always fun!"

I downloaded it via ModJive (Only because it's easy, i know how to install mods and i mod a lot myself). When finished i installed and that lame intro video came up saying i had to start it with PR.exe. "Oh well, that's no problem with me" i thought, and went to the Mod directory to launch it. Aha, it had to be placed in the same place as BF2.exe was installed. Np with that either. So i launched it and thought everything was fine...

Until Battlefield 2 filled my screen.

I know, it sounds lame. But i always play my games Windowed. Well, it's OK with me to play SOME games in fullscreen, but NOT BF2 as i have a widescreen and everything will look either like splashed flies on a wall or GIF-animated soldiers. Just because BF2 doesn't support Widescreen.

So well, i thought someone else also had this problem, and tried to search this forum.

First i got the error "The string doesn't match the picture", i got that i hundred times, wondering "When am i going to get banned?" After i came over that error, it seemed like my search for "Start PR in Windowed?" Didn't really work, cause i had two words with under 3 letters (PR and In) so i removed those, and searched again and got that "The string doesn't match the picture"-error a few times more. When i finally passed that the second time, it didn't return any results. So i searched for "Start Windowed" and got that "string didn't match the picture", yet again.

So i thought, "Hey! Let's register and just ask them nice and calm about running PR in windowed?" Well, you had that picture thing again, so a few hundred times later of putting in a non-matching string i finally got here.

I'm not blaming anyone, not flaming at all, Just wanted to tell you how my day was today and ask if there is any way to start it windowed, cause i won't play it in fullscreen.

// Deleted_screen
Last edited by Deleted_screen; 03-22-2008 at 07:29 AM..
Old 03-22-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

I admit that I didn't read all of your post but this should be the answer:

Create a shortcut to pr.exe located in SOMETHING\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\

Open the shortcut's properties (right click).

Change the Target and Start in lines to:
Target:
Code:
"SOMETHING\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 0
Start in:
Code:
"SOMETHING\Battlefield 2\"

Ah and BTW, do a search for 'Widescreen fixer'.
It's a program that's supposed to allow you to run BF2 (and therefore even PR) in widescreen resolution without stretching objects.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Deadfast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
Deleted_screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfast View Post
I admit that I didn't read all of your post but this should be the answer:

Create a shortcut to pr.exe located in SOMETHING\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\

Open the shortcut's properties (right click).

Change the Target and Start in lines to:
Target:
Code:
"SOMETHING\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 0
Start in:
Code:
"SOMETHING\Battlefield 2\"

Ah and BTW, do a search for 'Widescreen fixer'.
It's a program that's supposed to allow you to run BF2 (and therefore even PR) in widescreen resolution without stretching objects.
I know that, but PR.exe doesn't have parameters, i already tried that.

And there are other reasons that i run it in windowed, like being able to chat and stuff at the same time.

Thanks for your time anyway.
Deleted_screen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:08 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted_screen View Post
I know that, but PR.exe doesn't have parameters, i already tried that.

And there are other reasons that i run it in windowed, like being able to chat and stuff at the same time.

Thanks for your time anyway.
You need to create a shortcut (right-click on pr.exe, Create a Shortcut)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Deadfast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
=GGZ= Spliffeh1984

Send a message via MSN to =GGZ= Spliffeh1984

for someone who mods....
anyway...
first link i found
Widescreen Gaming Forum :: View topic - Solution: Battlefield 2 ... various fixes ...
=GGZ= Spliffeh1984 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:31 AM   #6
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I believe all the paramaters for pr.exe get passed on to the bf2.exe when it's run. So you should be able to use +szx and +szy to set the resolution as usual. Just remember to have your shortcut set to run in the battlefield 2 folder, not the pr folder.
e-Gor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #7
Mora

.. Make a shortcut put these lines in it:

This is mine shortcut.

Target: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

Yours should look like this:

Target: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

Or wherever you installed bf2/pr.

And this code is for widescreen: +szx 1680 +szy 1050. put your own resolution in that and you should be fine.

Oh and start in: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2"

or wherever you installed bf2/pr.

-

|
Mora is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:49 AM   #8
jOHNNYdOUBE
Supporting Member

This guy wants a window, not widescreen.
jOHNNYdOUBE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #9
Deleted_screen

Holy sheez, sorry, i finally got it to work. I wrote wrong in the parameters, but it works now.

Big thanks to anyone who tried to help me out! I'm going teamworking!
Deleted_screen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #10
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

In fact, they do;

Note: change your directory to whatever it is.

Target:
"C:\Program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 0

Start in:
"C:\Program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2"

There you go.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
damn, start, windowed