project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Would you support removing ALL player/vehicle locations from the map?
Yes 37 27.21%
No 99 72.79%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #61
PdPstyle
Default Re: Remove the player locations from the map?

To kind of pick and choose from what people have said, I like the general idea. I Think players should only be able to see their squad and the SL's. This way the pilots are able to quickly and easily locate the SL who needs supplies or evac *though I would like to see smoke used more to pin-point these things* The commander of course would be able to see everyone. I like the idea of having to call up to the commander to check that there are no friendlies in the area before blowing everything away, I hate pulling up the map to check if the guy im looking at is on my map.
PdPstyle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #62
goguapsy

NO!!!
hv u ever played COD4 Single Player Campaign?
there are some missions with the night vision googles, you can see a litle "shine" on American/British forces shoulders.....

in PR we could say thats a gps locator... kinda like Far Cry 2 but instead of an objective marked in i dont know how, we say thats a GPS Designator, and the gps on the map could show us...

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:52 PM   #63
WildBill1337

i say remove player icons, but leave squad leader icons.

WildBill1337 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:34 PM   #64
Demonic

I think all player locations should be removed except for your own. To act as some sort of GPS device so you know where you are going. Removing all other player locations will promote more realism and team-work. IMO I have no idea how it will play out game-play wise. I am sure some people will dislike it as well.

I however think PR is perfectly balanced as it is. The game-play is perfect. Even when playing as Insurgents you against a team with so much assets and abilities. You can still come out on top.

I would rather the game stay as is. A perfect blend between realism and keeping the ability of good game-play intact. All I wish for is the release of new factions and fixes like to get rid of squad bugs.

Demonic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #65
WHPRaveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto View Post

Thats why, for the moment, I am siding with removal of your team, except your squad. And leaving the whole team for the commander.
I agree with his idea. It would be interesting to see how the game would play if only SL and Commanders had total view on map and the SM(grunts) could only see their own squad for gameplay sake.

WHPRaveman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #66
Smuke

Disagreed.

The amount of TK's hthat would happen?

This would take away teamwork

In-Game Name: SmukeUK
Wild_Bill: Smuke, you are a true ninja!.
Smuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #67
GR34

what about vehicles have a blufor tracking system

In game name Joshey

GR34 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #68
Airsoft Soldier
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester

Gonna be a lot of friendly fire. Some people play settings on low, and with that setting it's harder to tell if it's enemy or friendly. Sometimes when im tanking before i spray an area or drop a HEAT in a building, i check for friendlies nearby. Without this system, i might as well accidently blow up my own

Airsoft Soldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #69
fact(n)

If yes or no I want all the locations removed, the answer is no.

What I would like playing with actually (but may be difficult to code):
-Commander can see all assets and team's players as today.
-Minimap still the same for drivers and pilots.
-The Officer Kit get a digital map on TabletPC, with all information as today. This Tablet is drawn from the equipment pack like the binoculars (touch 0 for instance or remove a type of smoke grenade). A click on primary fire will show the map screen, the selection of a weapon will remove it and draw the selected item. This tablet is also used to show commander order and set squad orders (when you are SL).
-The two current commands for showing the map are still active. No information is present on it but the squad move/attack marker (just the marker, no bearing). However, each player will have its own grid coordinate indicated next by its compass (eg E8-5 for being within the E8 kp5 square of the grid-map).
-Contact report made by SL is instantaneously available to every other SLs through their own TabletPC. However the position indicated will be the spotter's (useful at close range, otherwise coordinate with commander)
-Move/attack... markers still seen on screen for every players.
-Have a scale on the map

Now to be realistic GPS is a US military technology. So be sure that factions fighting the US will have a hard time at getting a reliable satellite fix on their position.

However, off-topic, I would be even more enthusiastic with the integration of Mumble without the use of an external add-on.

"War is like hunting. But at war the rabbit fires back." Brigadier General Charles DE GAULLE
fact(n) is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
locations, map, player, remove