project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Would you support removing ALL player/vehicle locations from the map?
Yes 37 27.21%
No 99 72.79%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #21
Heskey
PR Server License Moderator

I support removing all markers except squad members.

It means teams will be forced to communicate via chat to know where each squad is attacking, and also makes it more fun when doing things like extractions... "Approaching B4 now, Squad 2... Are those bodi-" *BOOM* Ambush

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Signature by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Heskey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #22
hx.bjoffe
Supporting Member

Absolutely not.
i spoke for removal of minimap in advance, but this would be overdoing it.
On the opposite, i would like squadmembers even being able to (ghost)spot for their squad, while only SL spot for team.
hx.bjoffe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #23
SGT.JOKER

Send a message via AIM to SGT.JOKER

no.....

SGT.JOKER>FTW<(Fight To Win) In Game
Just getting back in the game

Riflemen, SAW Gunner, Grenaider.

SGT.JOKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:11 AM   #24
Warmagi

yes... and no.... I cant DECIDE!!!! For me you could remove it but... as okita and terranova said commander should be able to see all his team. Furthermore SL should see only SL of other teams and everyone from the squad 1 sees everyone from a squad 1.

Or SL sees everyone as well but for example spec ops and sniper sees SL's of other squads as well.

As for complete removal Im for NO!!! I usually play with squads that are using voip a lot keeping together and most of the time can see each other, but as other said there are times when you just need to know...

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude: ...remember to show as much respect to the new players as the veteran players. Todays 'noob' is tomorrow's 'Vet'.

Reddish_Red: We're fine...

Random.. ehmmm... "player": Give me the chopper. No. I want to fly. No. But I want to, get out from it now or I TK you. ... ... ... No
Warmagi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:00 AM   #25
kilroy0097
Supporting Member

Communication on the battlefield involves more than simply one person. Radio communication between Squads in a Platoon or Platoons in a Company happen through a dispatch or through GPS location. It is through these means that a Company Commander may know where his troops are on the field and by the wonders of modern technology so would the Battalion commander and on up the line. Command center is staffed with numbers of people all tracking troop movement, enemy location and the such. Having a single CO coordinate all of this by themselves in the game would mean constant chatter on the radio and superb teamwork on the part of the team. i.e. this would only work on a closed private server with private members who understand how it works. "Commander Squad 2. Sighting troops from my position NNW. Identify. - Squad 2, Comm. No friendlies at those coordinates. Engage at will." Also I would have to request a map distance key so that distance to friendlies could also be said. Any server open to the public would be horrible with this sort of thing.

Is it realistic? Overly so.
Do I think it would be neat to attempt? Sure.
Do I think it would work. Absolutely not.

The general PR public just doesn't have the teamwork, communication skills and coordination for this to really work. At least not in my opinion.
kilroy0097 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #26
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

I use the blue mob to indicate the situation, so please keep solo spec ops and snipers visible to everyone, so I know when they get killed and there's an enemy coming, while they type "omfgzorz, i haz een pwned but a r teh sniperz, dis sux"

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #27
BloodAce

I like the idea very much and i vote YES but i'm a bit worried it could slow game way too much so we wont be able to finish a single round even within 10 hours.
The game without map orientation would definitely need much more organization and discipline from every single player!

I think it's similar to mini-map removing poll before 0.7 where many players did not imagine game without minimap while now after it was removed everyone seems to like it and no one complain

BloodAce is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #28
buk

i like this idea.. but then we would need to add zoom to the map.. or smaller grid on the map.. so it would be easier to determine location
buk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #29
SleepyHe4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by $kelet0r View Post
this is for all intents and purposes a combat sim limited by the anchor that is the DICE engine. A topographical map and the in-vehicle GPS which only shows other vehicles would be great imo.
Agreed 100%, please make this happen! Forget the nay-sayers! Seriously, I don't think the goal of this mod is to be mainstream and make those people like it. This is simply how it should be even if most of the current community disagrees.
SleepyHe4d is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:22 AM   #30
Salah ad Din

Send a message via ICQ to Salah ad Din Send a message via AIM to Salah ad Din Send a message via MSN to Salah ad Din Send a message via Skype™ to Salah ad Din

No need for that, really. Since BF2 is located slightly in the future, we can simply assume that each soldiers has a little PDA with him, that transmits regularly (continusouly?) it's position to the "Friendly Forces Locator Network" that every soldier can access with his PDA.
This is even possible with current technology, so let's leave it at that.

Salah ad Din is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
locations, map, player, remove