project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

View Poll Results: Is 'the rush' as tactic enhancing the gameplay of PR?
The goal justifies the means. 135 47.54%
It's dirty. DIRTY! 61 21.48%
Couldn't care less/no idea what you're on about. 22 7.75%
Depends entirely on the circumstances 66 23.24%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
hx.bjoffe
Supporting Member

Default Rush-tactics - Good/bad

Most of you know what i mean. For those who don't, i hope i'm not giving you any ideas.

Although i won't argue the legitimacy of these tactics, having squads employ them in a pub ruins any fun i was looking for in these maps. By all means, any new tactic is of interest. And of course with new players, it will be new for them. But many of these rushes are getting really old, and the maps are getting extremely repetetive when vets still go rushing ahead, leading the newbs so they again can repeat in the future.

Some days ago on TG the commander of US on Jabal even ordered everyone to east beach before the game'd started. "Forget about west beach." Sitting on that beach counting tickets for 3 hours is not what i consider fun. It's far from the only map to examplify, but I can hardly remember last i played a round of that map without some easily defended beach being bum-rushed.
Whenever i'm on the 'defendant' side, and i see the creation of a squad named eg. "WEST BEACH," "mine!" or "Ruin-Rush," my hopes for humanity sinks. Why not let the game play out, let the forth-coming battles be? The AAS is there for a reason.
In my opinion it's unsportmanslike. No matter what side i'm on. I am looking for a good and productive game, not have it over as quick as possible. The win is not that important!

Is it?
Last edited by hx.bjoffe; 02-10-2008 at 10:28 PM..
Old 02-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #2
Sabre_tooth_tigger

Yea its poor, almost every map in the game can be exploited by rushing the enemys first flag with a HAT kit and a bag of ammo or similar 'tactics'

I say exploit because its predictable and easy, its only possible because we are playing a game where you know where the enemy base is, what vehicles they have and basically what the enemy will do next.
Beyond the start of the game you might actually face a challenge so dont let it ever get that far

Wave spawning on requestable kits as a solution? Only be able to request a kit from a bunker maybe, that way you'd have to build it first before rushing, etc

Sabre_tooth_tigger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
[T]Terranova7

This is one reason why I believe a purely "Assault and Defend" flag order for most maps should be adopted. By doing this, you could potentially eliminate the problem as most flags would already be possessed by either team. So say on a map like Jabal, where the U.S are on the offensive, have it so that the MEC team already holds the beaches (And simply have the MEC armor spawn a little later).

On map like Qwai (Which could work a little differently), have the U.S start off with the mine, and the Chinese with the Estate, that way the only flags left to take are government office and fishing village. The overall goal should be decreasing the amount of neutral flags at the game's start.

[T]Terranova7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:21 PM   #5
MastaLock
Supporting Member

I call it 'planning ahead'.

In real life, do would you sit around and let the enemy try and capture strategic points without hassling them? I think not.
MastaLock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:23 AM   #6
Heskey

Sending squads to keep the enemy busy at their first capture point is a perfectly legitimate tactic, I'd say.

If it's holding you up really bad, send some squads to stop their team's advance behind enemy lines. There are certain maps where holding one of the enemies key points will lock them out the game whilst one squad moves across the map capping the rest of the flags unscathed.

(Signature by Priby)
Heskey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:27 AM   #7
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Its valid... as long as its your team that does it correctly
MadTommy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:38 AM   #8
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

I'd say it was a legit tactic because it takes speed and coordination to pull it off...

HOWEVER I would say that right now something needs doing about Running in PR Though I say rushing is a legit tactic I don't think that doing the 100M rally point sprint dash to attack a flag is very "Real"

Sadist_Cain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:13 AM   #9
Death_dx

If a team rushes east beach, then the BH should land off the flag to ensure the safety of the soldiers, worse comes to worse you can land in the hills behind the flag and let the U.S. snipe the hell out of the MECs below. Rushing is fine, it's people with poor pattern recognition that are the problem.
Death_dx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:18 AM   #10
Razick

The reason for the constant Zerg rush that we see is result of the AAS mode and in turn the overall "Conquest" tard feeling like you are racing to each flag and usually the places you are fighting over arent very valuable when you are thinking strategically. I think we need AAS flags to be randomized like the Insurgency caches and their zone captures to be wider along with a higher number men to cap say, 4 or 5.

I know some of you are thinking that the random flags are a stupid idea because you are visualizing flags out in the middle of nowhere but put that out of your minds. There still will be certain spots that flags can be but not many but still those few spots can make that round and battle completely unique. Youll actually have to think about what your gonna do because you havent experienced that situation before which is...awesome. This would be great for mappers as something like this would always keep the map fresh and stale gameplay is not a possiblity so you can take some time off with the secondary maps to create more epic quality maps like Barracuda and Muttrah V2(cant wait) .

Adding the higher number for capture would mean that you have to actually "take" a position and root out the enemy instead of just sprinkling your fairy dust until the flag converts to your colors. This would lead to a need for teamwork and with info I got on the changes to grenades and your suppression *surprise* this would work out fantastic.

Thats basically all I want, to see that strangeness and alien feeling you get form playing a fresh new map.
Razick is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flags, good or bad, rushing, rushtactics, thoughts