project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Is 'the rush' as tactic enhancing the gameplay of PR?
The goal justifies the means. 135 47.54%
It's dirty. DIRTY! 61 21.48%
Couldn't care less/no idea what you're on about. 22 7.75%
Depends entirely on the circumstances 66 23.24%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 07:31 AM   #31
IAJTHOMAS

Depends whether i'm inside mine as PRC or outside mine as USA tbh... :P
IAJTHOMAS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #32
General_J0k3r
Send a message via ICQ to General_J0k3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAJTHOMAS View Post
Depends whether i'm inside mine as PRC or outside mine as USA tbh... :P
the mine trick has been screwed by not having nanjings at estate and the extended cap radius. which is good since it was really unfair from time to time. a whole squad of LP and TB in the mine, with squadleader spawn still existent at that time, was hell for the USMC.
Last edited by General_J0k3r; 03-28-2008 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: confusion...
Old 03-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #33
101 bassdrive
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_117 View Post
Right off the bat the poll is sort of worded badly. I don't have a problem with dirty tactics, its when you start to exploit the obvious short comings of the map size is the problem. The only way rushing would happen in Kashan or Qinling (both the only really realistically sized maps) is to have people spawn at an uncap flag (cause thats how the real military deploys people). In reality you receive your orders, an objective, and a whatever personell and units you are assigned/capable of stealing. If all maps were bigger then rushing wouldn't happen. In PR I think that force deployment would make more sense if it weren't so linear as to what flag you are going to. I wish you could neutralize any flag at any time to make things a little more interesting. Instead of attacking east beach, why not attack a city instead? Its like the objectives, regardless of their actual strategic or tactical value has already been decided for you. You don't even need to think all that much when it comes to actual movement provided you aren't completely addled.

Its that the enemy knows EXACTLY where you are going, ALL the time. Once the commander system is ironed out I would like to be able see that commanders need to approve rally points like they do firebases ect. Now I am not suggesting that the commander should place them, but he should be able to give them an allowable limit. For example if you are issued an order to attack east tower then the CO can place a beacon where you can only deploy an RP within 50-100m.
well, wed then be back to BF2 right away which cant be the real deal since thered be 3-4 guys at every flag capping.
I couldnt see big firefights happen or flanking which actually matters besides getting to the flag without being seen.

Im not sure, but the enemy most times doesnt know where you are.
the problem is rather that your team shows up EXACTLY where the enemy EXPECTS you to move in from.
I barely see flanking on servers atm. when I as a SL tell my people to flank they often dont understand whattheH I mean.
I have to set a movemarker from the RP Ive set to the flanking position from where wed then move in so they have a yellow icon on their screen they can align to.

and besides, every rush technique has its countertechniques. for instance EJOD where the superior MEC apc's can camp the city entrance and engage the gas station. its about estimating the opposing teams players, reckon with it, and flank with a support truck and h-at to western hill to counter. what comes in handy that is that once the apc's are gone, the ruins are no problem and youre already at west city...

or on qwai, handling mine rushers or blocking temple would be the job of the ah6. also I barely ever see anyone use the boat at processing..

thinking about it its whats makes the maps interesting
AAS2 is a great standard. rushing and countering/ flanking it is the spice
101 bassdrive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #34
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

When well used, it is a good tactic.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #35
IAJTHOMAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 bassdrive View Post
or on qwai, handling mine rushers or blocking temple would be the job of the ah6. also I barely ever see anyone use the boat at processing..
Used to use that to rush and blow the river bridge and mine/rig the bridge from temple. If you have careless PRC drivers they can lose full squads in Nanjings or if your lucky you can bag a tank. Also means you have a squad across the river to move in on village once your team has capped the other flags.
IAJTHOMAS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:53 PM   #36
Kinote

It's a legit tactic that greatly increases the chance of my team winning. Very often my squad will be one of those at the pointy end of the spear, standing in front of the enemy's base before they even have their first truck loaded up (Insert hyperbole here.). Coincidently, I play for keeps more than I play for the sake of dicking around for giggles. I play to win. It's not really much concern of mine how much fun YOU are having, I'm having a ball kicking the shit out of everybody.

Sirlin.net — Your source of shocking insights on game design Introducing . . . the Scrub I highly recommend reading the rest of Playing to Win, it's free on his site.
Kinote is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #37
CodeC.Seven

Send a message via ICQ to CodeC.Seven Send a message via MSN to CodeC.Seven

i think it depends... The map, your team... At Ejod its a good thing to hold them away from gardens as long as possible... It really depends on various factors.

-Sig removed-
CodeC.Seven is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #38
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razick View Post
I think we need AAS flags to be randomized like the Insurgency caches
dbzao been thinking of some interesting ways to affect AAS for v0.8
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:39 PM   #39
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Entirely legit. If you can move faster than the enemy then do so, its stupid to throw away an advantage. All tactics have their cost, Rushes often leave them open to counter strikes, for example.

If its stupid, but works, it isn't stupid. Thats what I say. And personally, I can't stand people who complain about tactics like rushing, closing to point blank range and ripping them apart on full auto or even AT sniping.

If I rush, blow my transport viechles, if I close in, pin me down, if I AT snipe, roll over me with a tank (as I now have nothing to knock it out with) don't blame people for taking advantage of your short comings. Thats exactly what tactics are all about.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is online now Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #40
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Bob_Marley View Post
Entirely legit. If you can move faster than the enemy then do so, its stupid to throw away an advantage. All tactics have their cost, Rushes often leave them open to counter strikes, for example.

If its stupid, but works, it isn't stupid. Thats what I say. And personally, I can't stand people who complain about tactics like rushing, closing to point blank range and ripping them apart on full auto or even AT sniping.

If I rush, blow my transport viechles, if I close in, pin me down, if I AT snipe, roll over me with a tank (as I now have nothing to knock it out with) don't blame people for taking advantage of your short comings. Thats exactly what tactics are all about.
QFT!
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flags, good or bad, rushing, rushtactics, thoughts