project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

View Poll Results: Is 'the rush' as tactic enhancing the gameplay of PR?
The goal justifies the means. 135 47.54%
It's dirty. DIRTY! 61 21.48%
Couldn't care less/no idea what you're on about. 22 7.75%
Depends entirely on the circumstances 66 23.24%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #21
Viper5

"The bold move is the right move."
Yes, but are we talking about RTS or PR

But yeah, in terms of rushing, sometimes its the only way your going to succeed.
Viper5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #22
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Pub tactics must evolve, rushing always has its counters. If you're getting defeated by rushers, figure out how to beat them. There is no single tactic that will always win, you must use your assets creatively.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #23
CAS_117

Right off the bat the poll is sort of worded badly. I don't have a problem with dirty tactics, its when you start to exploit the obvious short comings of the map size is the problem. The only way rushing would happen in Kashan or Qinling (both the only really realistically sized maps) is to have people spawn at an uncap flag (cause thats how the real military deploys people). In reality you receive your orders, an objective, and a whatever personell and units you are assigned/capable of stealing. If all maps were bigger then rushing wouldn't happen. In PR I think that force deployment would make more sense if it weren't so linear as to what flag you are going to. I wish you could neutralize any flag at any time to make things a little more interesting. Instead of attacking east beach, why not attack a city instead? Its like the objectives, regardless of their actual strategic or tactical value has already been decided for you. You don't even need to think all that much when it comes to actual movement provided you aren't completely addled.

Its that the enemy knows EXACTLY where you are going, ALL the time. Once the commander system is ironed out I would like to be able see that commanders need to approve rally points like they do firebases ect. Now I am not suggesting that the commander should place them, but he should be able to give them an allowable limit. For example if you are issued an order to attack east tower then the CO can place a beacon where you can only deploy an RP within 50-100m.
Last edited by CAS_117; 02-11-2008 at 04:22 PM..
Old 02-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #24
*spacecadett*

Nice idea CAS i really like it, the only flaw is what do you do when your team dosent have a CO.

*spacecadett* is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:15 PM   #25
KandiotA

Rush is the most effective tactic.
Usually S.Leaders lose time doing ineffective tactics like set usefuls check points before RP, looking for enemy rally points or trying destroy enemy vehicles when they have flag to capture. They forget the main mission wich is capture the flag. For this reason I do not like being commander, I get nervous. Usually Im the first member who is waiting my squad on flag. Please don't care about enemy if they are out of the flag( i know that somtimes is good but only sometimes). That only on public servers.
KandiotA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #26
CAS_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by *spacecadett* View Post
Nice idea CAS i really like it, the only flaw is what do you do when your team dosent have a CO.
Well the idea is to make it so that people actually like being CO.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:41 AM   #27
s69kern

I joined PR because of the TEAM play. Yes, it's competative team play and I see the rush going on all the time. I can only hope that exploiting it will help programmers in future maps correct the issue.

Has this horse been beat dead yet?

s69kern is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:58 AM   #28
HughJass

Hey, the way PR works is no one has fun unless the other side is getting steam rolled. Now sometimes you have these awsome stalemates that result in great firefights. With that in mind I think rush tactics are tactics, nothing else. They are not unfair.

HughJass is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:01 AM   #29
HughJass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_117 View Post
Right off the bat the poll is sort of worded badly. I don't have a problem with dirty tactics, its when you start to exploit the obvious short comings of the map size is the problem. The only way rushing would happen in Kashan or Qinling (both the only really realistically sized maps) is to have people spawn at an uncap flag (cause thats how the real military deploys people). In reality you receive your orders, an objective, and a whatever personell and units you are assigned/capable of stealing. If all maps were bigger then rushing wouldn't happen. In PR I think that force deployment would make more sense if it weren't so linear as to what flag you are going to. I wish you could neutralize any flag at any time to make things a little more interesting. Instead of attacking east beach, why not attack a city instead? Its like the objectives, regardless of their actual strategic or tactical value has already been decided for you. You don't even need to think all that much when it comes to actual movement provided you aren't completely addled.

Its that the enemy knows EXACTLY where you are going, ALL the time. Once the commander system is ironed out I would like to be able see that commanders need to approve rally points like they do firebases ect. Now I am not suggesting that the commander should place them, but he should be able to give them an allowable limit. For example if you are issued an order to attack east tower then the CO can place a beacon where you can only deploy an RP within 50-100m.
So basically conter-attack? or what are you suggesting?

HughJass is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:55 AM   #30
General_J0k3r
Send a message via ICQ to General_J0k3r

a) it's a valid tactic. if you get problems while capping your first flag => kill the enemy or just fend them off until you have the flag. afterwards, don't worry about them.
b) it has been even institutionalized in kashan desert
c) it doesn't work as it used to do. on jabal the usmc just have to move to west beach with 2 apcs and ur fucked. the infamous mine rush on qwai isn't possible anymore either. maybe due to some experiences on our server? we used to do it often and with the sl spawn and the inability to cap mine from outside you really could fend the enemy off for a complete round.
d) if one squad can stop the enemy from capping their first flag, it is most likely that the enemy team tries the same thing as you .
General_J0k3r is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flags, good or bad, rushing, rushtactics, thoughts