project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Is 'the rush' as tactic enhancing the gameplay of PR?
The goal justifies the means. 135 47.54%
It's dirty. DIRTY! 61 21.48%
Couldn't care less/no idea what you're on about. 22 7.75%
Depends entirely on the circumstances 66 23.24%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 05:49 AM   #11
RGG:Dale

Send a message via Skype™ to RGG:Dale

its most prob been suggested, but you could make a map which has flags which spawn in different places and dont show up on the map, so you have to send scouts to find the flags, and then assault them with the AAS system still in mind.
although making it so that the AAS was random would be suicide lol, you might be attaking the enemys forward cap point first .
but making it so that there are a couple flags on the frontline then the middle and then the base line which can change per round in their position on that line on the map would be reasonable(plus the not being able to see them on the map) would bring a better feel to the game and a more realistic and a "what are we going to get this time" attitude and those tunnel whores would think twice before picking up that GL or LMG.
RGG:Dale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:09 AM   #12
Razick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razick View Post
I know some of you are thinking that the random flags are a stupid idea because you are visualizing flags out in the middle of nowhere but put that out of your minds. There still will be certain spots that flags can be but not many but still those few spots can make that round and battle completely unique.
This why I have to point out the obvious and the misconception that other ppl other than yourself dont have common sense and dont think things through. I already knew it was gonna be misinterpreted so I write that warning first and it still gets ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackalkernl View Post
flags which spawn in different places ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razick View Post
I think we need AAS flags to be random like the...
There is no difference between both meanings so.....

At least we are on the same page
Razick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #13
Ragni<RangersPL>

Well, at least it's still a "tactic".
Yes, it's not nice to do it but war is not a nice place to be

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Do not post stupid suggestions just because you had a bad round in PR
Ragni<RangersPL> is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #14
*spacecadett*

Its a legit tactic, but it ruins the game for everybody else exept the rushers, who might have a intens game for 5-10 min til its over, I mean how badly do you have to win I dont mind loosing to a worthy oponent, I preffer a close game 10x more then a steamroll.

*spacecadett* is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 AM   #15
burghUK

im sure like a few people i think its one of these little things normal people wouldn't care about. useless poll.
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #16
joselucca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *spacecadett* View Post
Its a legit tactic, but it ruins the game for everybody else exept the rushers, who might have a intens game for 5-10 min til its over, I mean how badly do you have to win I dont mind loosing to a worthy oponent, I preffer a close game 10x more then a steamroll.
Agreed x100
joselucca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #17
Kinote

Before my love of the FPS, came my love of the RTS. I've seen this debate rage since rushing harvesters in the first Red Alert, and likely it started a whole lot earlier. Like some of the other better players, I play to win. I don't cripple myself before we even get to the fight by reading out a list of cheap things we can't do. I play PR to have fun and give my team the best chance of winning the map, I don't really care what the other team wants me to do.

Here, lads. Have a free interwebs copy of the book Play to Win: Sirlin.net — Your source of shocking insights on game design Playing to Win Index
Kinote is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #18
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Rushing only happens on old maps we played since the dawn of the mod *cough* Ejod *cough* and everyone already knows where every single mailbox is located.

Or maps with a design flaw (like Daqing in 0.6, where PLA could rush West OI to prevent USMC from capturing it due CP design.)

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #19
Ghost1800

I think that in most maps it's perfectly fine... Jabal however just seems to fall apart for the US team if they don't get the Beaches and then Dam quickly.
Ghost1800 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #20
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Yeah, but after USMC gets Dam, they get Bridge, then it falls apart for MEC as they are stuck between city Cps and their main.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flags, good or bad, rushing, rushtactics, thoughts