project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #11
Harrod200

Does the BMP3 inherit that nice little feature of having the diesel tanks in the rear doors from the BMP1/2, so that any hit there would shower everyone inside in burning fuel? 1x LAT to the rear = instadeath would give it a bit of a weakness

The original gun freak gaymer geek

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Harrod200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #12
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I dont like arbitrary artificial balancing. And I'd love to see the BMP-3 modelled as powerful as it is in real life... then let scenario designers (mappers) and players sort it out.

Generally speaking the militaries throughout the world have already done a lot of balancing work on this stuff. And they have much bigger R&D budgets than we do

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #13
Dragonfire43560

I would love to see this vehicle but not if you have to take the P*****y way out and weaken it so the balance noobs can get a hard on. Keep it the way it is, powerful. I mean its still an apc and 1 good tank shell should take it out but dotn weaken it! Also about the fuel tank thing, they dont carry the fuel tanks in battle so no it wouldnt be a weak point.
Dragonfire43560 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #14
gclark03

If the point of war is to kill the enemy, why not kill them well? They don't design military vehicles to mirror-balance the enemy, they design them to surpass and destroy the enemy.

Upgrade the BMP-3 to its real-life standard, and let the player balance things out.
gclark03 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #15
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

I fully agree.

Load out should be in my opinion:

- alt fire (right click) is coaxial 7.62mm
- slot 1 is 30mm AP
- slot 2 is 30mm HE
- slot 3 is 100mm HE
- slot 4 is optional AT missle

GeZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #16
Deadmonkiefart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrod200 View Post
Does the BMP3 inherit that nice little feature of having the diesel tanks in the rear doors from the BMP1/2, so that any hit there would shower everyone inside in burning fuel? 1x LAT to the rear = instadeath would give it a bit of a weakness
diesel fuel doesn't burn at all unless it is under much pressure.

My #1 excuse for having a bad game:
"GET-OFF-OF-MY-KEYBOARD-YOU-STUPID-CAT!!!"

Deadmonkiefart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #17
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman
I dont like arbitrary artificial balancing. And I'd love to see the BMP-3 modelled as powerful as it is in real life... then let scenario designers (mappers) and players sort it out.
I totally agree with this. With changes to the vehicle will come changes to maps in order to balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geze
Load out should be in my opinion:

- alt fire (right click) is coaxial 7.62mm
- slot 1 is 30mm AP
- slot 2 is 30mm HE
- slot 3 is 100mm HE
- slot 4 is optional AT missle
Definitely agree with this. There are already templates for the 30mm AP and HE, and for the 100mm HEAT, so those would just need to be added to the vehicle, along with sounds (no easy feat, the way sofad has set up the sounds is pretty amazing). I don't know that the ATGM needs to be added, does anyone know if they are commonly used?

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #18
Harrod200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmonkiefart View Post
diesel fuel doesn't burn at all unless it is under much pressure.
Actually diesel does ignite at around 210-260*C, which is well below the heat an AT round would generate.

The original gun freak gaymer geek

Harrod200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #19
Deadmonkiefart

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman View Post
I dont like arbitrary artificial balancing.
That is the first time I have heard that in a while, especially from a mod. I am now very relieved. I have been worrying that PR will become increasingly "balanced". I can't stand it when people want to limit a vehicle/weapon just because it is unbalanced. I also hate the idea that armies need to be mirror images of each other. I would like the different armies having different strengths and weaknesses, and have different map positions. If there is a problem with balace in a map, I think the that tickets should be adjusted, or that the weaker team should have a positional advantage.

My #1 excuse for having a bad game:
"GET-OFF-OF-MY-KEYBOARD-YOU-STUPID-CAT!!!"

Deadmonkiefart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #20
MarineSeaknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman View Post

Generally speaking the militaries throughout the world have already done a lot of balancing work on this stuff. And they have much bigger R&D budgets than we do
The truth has definately been spoken. I couldn't have put it in a better way.

An example would be like Al Basrah's GB vs. INS situation: the GB is way overpowering with it's modern weaponry and vehicles but the INS can prevail in CQB situations as well as it's advantage as the defender. I find this a very balanced scenario, and I think the DEVs are capable of other balances in scenarios instead of having to balance the weaponry itself.

PR Testing Team: Serious Business

Waiting for Reapar to become a DEV before I can quote him.
MarineSeaknight is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bmp3, weaponry